Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
dino wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lots of 1 on 1 action by both KD and Harden in second half...but it's working. They both make it look easy.

KD is shooting lights out right now. But it be interesting how he holds up and when he starts playing heavier minutes in the playoffs.

KD's not the worry, he's a proven player in the Playoffs.

Harden's performance tends to dip as the refs call fewer fouls. And Kyrie taking the ball away from KD will always lead to a worse team performance (as well as on the defensive end)

they actually might be better off trading kyrie for a strong supporting cast, if any takers still exist out there...

Everybody thinks that's an absurd suggestion, but 3 people with no supporting cast that are all ball dominant isn't really a recipe for sustained success.

GSW had 3 superstars, but Klay is a catch and shoot 3. Miami had 3 superstars but Bosh is a center, and even then Miami didn't have great success because, especially in the first year, Lebron and Wade couldn't work things out.

KD and Harden work so well together. Everybody saw earlier in the year that KD and Kyrie ... did not work out that great. KD is the best player on the Nets team, then it's Harden and it isn't even close. So Kyrie taking the ball out of the hands of the two best players on the team isn't a recipe for sustained success.

yup, completely agree...
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
dino wrote:
drae wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Lots of 1 on 1 action by both KD and Harden in second half...but it's working. They both make it look easy.

KD is shooting lights out right now. But it be interesting how he holds up and when he starts playing heavier minutes in the playoffs.

KD's not the worry, he's a proven player in the Playoffs.

Harden's performance tends to dip as the refs call fewer fouls. And Kyrie taking the ball away from KD will always lead to a worse team performance (as well as on the defensive end)

they actually might be better off trading kyrie for a strong supporting cast, if any takers still exist out there...

Everybody thinks that's an absurd suggestion, but 3 people with no supporting cast that are all ball dominant isn't really a recipe for sustained success.

GSW had 3 superstars, but Klay is a catch and shoot 3. Miami had 3 superstars but Bosh is a center, and even then Miami didn't have great success because, especially in the first year, Lebron and Wade couldn't work things out.

KD and Harden work so well together. Everybody saw earlier in the year that KD and Kyrie ... did not work out that great. KD is the best player on the Nets team, then it's Harden and it isn't even close. So Kyrie taking the ball out of the hands of the two best players on the team isn't a recipe for sustained success.

Not to be forgotten, GS also had draymond green who was vital to their success. They move the ball a lot, completely different from what the nets are doing.
The nets looked ok these far, so time will tell if it works long term. When kyrie comes back, he is taking shots away from KD and Harden.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Bucks beat themselves ny settling for 3s the whole game instead of pushing it inside. Smart teams will take advantage of this nets weakness.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Well I'm staying off reddit after that game.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

was wondering who would inbound the ball on that play...

that's why the bucks are in trouble - can't give the ball to your MVP for a last shot...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nets beat bucks 125-123. Strong shooting for them tonight, but barely beat the Bucks.

Jury still out for me, but they have my attention.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
was wondering who would inbound the ball on that play...

that's why the bucks are in trouble - can't give the ball to your MVP for a last shot...

He was wide open going to the rim.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Bucks beat themselves ny settling for 3s the whole game instead of pushing it inside. Smart teams will take advantage of this nets weakness.

Good point, they shot 11-37 (30%); Nets shot 15-31 (48%).
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Some of you act like the Nets shooting is a fluke but the last season Harden played with KD his TS% was 66%

One of the best one on one players in history is no longer playing with Westbrick and is now playing with two people who can shoot as well as he can.

We can beat them with defense, but if you underestimate them you will lose.

It's a historic team if Kyrie is okay mentally.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

DPOY didn’t even guard Durant at the end of the game. He was guarding Jeff Green...
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Nets beat bucks 125-123. Strong shooting for them tonight, but barely beat the Bucks.

Jury still out for me, but they have my attention.

DrDent wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Good point, they shot 11-37 (30%); Nets shot 15-31 (48%).

Nets had 17 TOs to Bucks 5. With just reasonable shooting, the Bucks should have won this.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

I’m really interested in seeing Nets vs the Clippers. The Nets looked unstoppable having KD and Harden take turns going one on one - but if they go up against the Clips who have great wing defenders as well and can make them work on the other end as well, who wins?

Honestly right now I give the edge to the Clips.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

dont you think they know that?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Some of you act like the Nets shooting is a fluke but the last season Harden played with KD his TS% was 66%

One of the best one on one players in history is no longer playing with Westbrick and is now playing with two people who can shoot as well as he can.

It looks flukey when you have guys like Green shooting 83%/80%, Harris 58%/71% and Jordan 100%...
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

It maybe not a fluke but their defense really is non existent. Bucks just shoot themselves out of the game by settling for 3s. And most of them are wide open, it's not as if the Nets contested those shots

Their perimeter defense will be worse once kyrie return, and will take away Hardens touches.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

It looks flukey when you have guys like Green shooting 83%/80%, Harris 58%/71% and Jordan 100%...

Not a fluke they say
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I’m really interested in seeing Nets vs the Clippers. The Nets looked unstoppable having KD and Harden take turns going one on one - but if they go up against the Clips who have great wing defenders as well and can make them work on the other end as well, who wins?

I want to see how AD can or cannot guard KD against us. If AD can slow him down, we got this. I am not as worried about Harden or Kyrie because we have enough smaller wing defenders that can slow them down.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, about what I expected. Awful defense at times with the Bucks missing tons of layups & 3-4 foot shots in that 2nd and 3rd especially (Didnt get to watch a lot of the 4th). In no way whatsoever do they look like a guarantee to make the Finals. They look like an extremely potent offense that still has massive holes in there defense that will get exposed in the Playoffs much more then the regular season. I saw Harden looking completely disinterested in both of these last 2 games on the defensive end where he was hardly even pretending to put the effort in.

Right now Harden is able to play at his absolute strengths but it's completely different when he plays off the ball so the big question I still have is how are Harden and Kyrie going to share the ball handling duties? It's going to be very interesting and much watch tv as a basketball fan. I'm not going to say much on KD because he'll remain dominant no matter what role you ask him to do.

One thing I really loved to see is how Harden at times looked very uncomfortable when the Bucks would hound him from full court or even half court (Much like he did in the two games we faced him as a Rocket). I believe he had 6 turnovers already early in the 3rd? This will be something we can do for 48 minutes and even if one of our guys get in foul trouble.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

AllorNothing wrote:
pokoy wrote:

I want to see how AD can or cannot guard KD against us. If AD can slow him down, we got this. I am not as worried about Harden or Kyrie because we have enough smaller wing defenders that can slow them down.

They can put many bodies on him though, AD, Bron and sometimes harrell with his long arms and Matthews with his tenacity on defense.

Last edited by leking006 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

pokoy wrote:

The Nets to me are like the Clippers of the East, on steroids and in the easier conference.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Bron, Schroder and THT will have a field day on penetrations vs this Nets team while Bron, AD and Harrell will bully them in the paint
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
One thing I really loved to see is how Harden at times looked very uncomfortable when the Bucks would hound him from full court or even half court (Much like he did in the two games we faced him as a Rocket). I believe he had 6 turnovers already early in the 3rd? This will be something we can do for 48 minutes and even if one of our guys get in foul trouble.

That worked in Houston because Westbrook can’t shoot and no one else could play make. That won’t work if/when Kyrie comes back, with KD on the court.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

KD is averaging 31/7/6 on 68% TS.

He actually has a good shot of winning the MVP this year. Never would've guessed he'd look this good. His 30 point games are as pedestrian as they've ever been.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

You can have all the talent and/or depth, but the basketball gods won’t reward disrespect or half ass efforts. It will catch up to any team...we saw it last season.

The main contenders right now are Lakers, Clippers, Nets and Bucks. I can see the Celtics and Philly maybe posing a threat.

Point remains the Lakers on paper look better than the rest of the league imo...but that doesn’t guarantee anything. Last season’s Lakers team would have absolutely destroyed the Lakers team of last night. That was a pitiful effort tbh and it was the accumulation of all the half ass play through the first 15 games.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:36 am    Post subject:

I'd put the Celtics ahead of the Bucks in terms of contenders.

It's Lakers, Clippers, Nets, Celtics.

The Bucks still look like The Milwaukee Giannis's. They have Jrue Holiday but he and AD couldn't make it happen together. The Bucks need a 3rd guy who is actually a viable second option on a Championship team. Khris Middleton isn't that and neither is Jrue Holiday.

The Nets have 3 Superstars, and the Celtics have 3 stars with one of them looking like a franchise player in Jayson Tatum.

If Miami gets Beal they'll be ahead of Milwaukee too imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 17 of 73
Jump to: