Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
I don’t think any team in NBA history had 3 elite iso players like the nets.
KD is the only one that can play off ball. It would be interesting to see if we still double harden like we did before.
Joe Harris is an elite shooter, obviously KD is legendary. Might be hard to double them. Once they get into the bench, then obviously we can double harden or KD as desired. It will be hard, hopefully Vogel can find some good schemes.

On their defense side, they have huge issue. They have to put harden on lebron because KD would have to be on AD and joe Harris defending lebron is going to be free points. They literally have one good defender in their starting 5.
We have massive advantage when it comes to bench play. Trez is going to feast on them.

I can see the nets have issues with the bucks also

Yeah trezz is actually playable against the nets. He would feast on that weak frontcourt.

Also I don't know if KD can handle 5's KD guarding AD sounds comical but they might not have much choice

Last edited by lordtrapula on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

#1 Lakers
#2-Infinity Whoever

# Harden team comes after infinity # whatever is two after infinity, Clippers and Celtics.

Doesn't bother me Stephen, Durant, etc. other guys who play the game well, as long as they are not a Clipper or Celtic, I acknowledge their right to breathe air in our atmosphere...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

I can also see this year’s Sixers posing a challenge. They look pretty good.

If Simmons can make them respect his shooting just enough. The Sixers have a lot of shooting this season.

The Nets have no answer for Embiid.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Harden won't look flabby for long. He got what he wanted, now he'll give the Nets what they wanted.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I can also see this year’s Sixers posing a challenge. They look pretty good.

If Simmons can make them respect his shooting just enough. The Sixers have a lot of shooting this season.

The Nets have no answer for Embiid.

I just listened to the latest LFR podcast and they pointed out that Simmons would have to be guarded by Harden or Irving. He should feast.

They still have all of their trade chips so we'll see. Lowry could be an option for them if the Raptors want to punt this season.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:59 pm    Post subject:

We have the 2 best players. Lebron, AD, KD, Harden, Kyrie in that order for me. Then we have the best supporting cast. We play way better defense and have defenders in KCP, Wes, Caruso, THT, Dennis, and Kuz to throw out on Kyrie and Harden. Can put AD on KD, and he can guard Harden also. LBJ will lock in on Harden or Kyrie when it matters. We have many ways to beat them.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I think a while back I think Kendrick Penkins said that Kyrie Irving didn’t want Harden.

If so, I wonder if that could create a problem for them.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

It’s hecka important that the Lakers added Harrell Matthews and Dennis. Otherwise if the Nets experiment does end up working, last years team may not be enough.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Frank usually closes with AD at the 5. Plus this lineup might be the most athletic in the Game. Two superstars, the 6th man of the year and 6th man of the year runner-up.

Schröder
KCP
LBJ
Montrezl Harrell
AD

With their coaching staff led by Nash and influenced by MDA, they will go small to close. They'll almost be guaranteed the scoring title and they might just break the all-time 3's record.

Irving
Harden
Joe Harris
Jeff Green
KD

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I just don’t see Irving taking a third banana role. He had problems being LBJ’s sidekick. I just don’t see it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Has Irving even returned to the team yet? Scheduled to play soon?
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Kendrick Perkins:

“If put Kyrie’s brain in a bird, it would fly backwards”

Quote of the year!!!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:10 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KD is the only one that can play off ball. It would be interesting to see if we still double harden like we did before.
Joe Harris is an elite shooter, obviously KD is legendary. Might be hard to double them. Once they get into the bench, then obviously we can double harden or KD as desired. It will be hard, hopefully Vogel can find some good schemes.

On their defense side, they have huge issue. They have to put harden on lebron because KD would have to be on AD and joe Harris defending lebron is going to be free points. They literally have one good defender in their starting 5.
We have massive advantage when it comes to bench play. Trez is going to feast on them.

Yeah trezz is actually playable against the nets. He would feast on that weak frontcourt.

Also I don't know if KD can handle 5's KD guarding AD sounds comical but they might not have much choice

Well, he is their starting 4, or maybe he can guard gasol. I think he has a better chance of guarding AD than Trezz, trezz is too physical for him. Harden on lebron is their biggest issue
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
Kendrick Perkins:

“If put Kyrie’s brain in a bird, it would fly backwards”

Quote of the year!!!!!

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Well, he is their starting 4, or maybe he can guard gasol. I think he has a better chance of guarding AD than Trezz, trezz is too physical for him. Harden on lebron is their biggest issue

If the Nets put KD on Gasol that would pretty much be game over before a second was played. Gasol would bully KD with ease and look 8 years younger while wearing him down real quick. That would also mean the Nets putting there best defensive player by a very large margin on our weakest offensive player. No way they do that but i'd love to see it. I wouldn't love our defensive matchup in that scenario but i'd gladly take that tradeoff.

We have multiple people to matchup to there big 3 plus a deep bench. They have KD to put on probably AD or Lebron while being far and away there most potent offensive player against us. That's a lottttt of responsibility for a guy coming off a major injury. Our big 2 will also very likely get more rest in both the regular season and Post Season which could also be a very big factor considering the teams they will have to get past in the Eastern conference alone. They have a lot of talent no doubt in those 3 but they have a lottttt to prove before they are near our level overall.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

The more proper question is can Brooklyn compete with the Lakers?

Steve Nash is a novice head coach whose team has issues. Kyrie Irving is AWOL for whatever lame, stupid reason(s) and Harden weighs about 500 lbs and is without doubt one of the most irresponsible, overrated and overpaid players of all time. KD is for real but it remains to be seen if he can drag these two basket cases across the finish line.

I’ll be surprised if Brooklyn, as currently situated, makes it out of the East.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

KD's best attribute is his length but the one thing that keeps from him being someone like say, KG , is his strength. We all know Davis is more finesse than a muscle down-low type, but against someone like KD he could wear him out so fast since Davis is much more stronger.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

Let’s wait and see who stays covid free and plays team basketball.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

So many ?????? hanging over the Nets heads. If it's us and them in the playoffs, I like our odds.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

Do the Nets seriously beat these EC teams (notice these teams excel on defense):

Bucks
Heat
76ers
Celts
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Do the Nets seriously beat these EC teams (notice these teams excel on defense):

Bucks
Heat
76ers
Celts

Assuming all healthy, I think they do. Not even the big 3, DeAndre and Joe Harris are like the perfect role players for them. A wing snipper whose decent size and a defensive true 7 footer but then we’ll see how their bench is. They’re EC fav now for sure
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

Another thing of Jordan plays center it keep Davis near the rim. If they go small ball the Lakers can punish on the interior
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Bucks
Heat
76ers
Celts

Assuming all healthy, I think they do. Not even the big 3, DeAndre and Joe Harris are like the perfect role players for them. A wing snipper whose decent size and a defensive true 7 footer but then we’ll see how their bench is. They’re EC fav now for sure

What team in recent memory that won a championship, had such poor defenders? I think trading away Jarrett Allen was a blow for them as DJ is a bit cooked right now. They have 3 elite offensive weapons; not even 1 top level defender (KD pre-Achilles but not sure now).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Has Irving even returned to the team yet? Scheduled to play soon?

He is cleared to play and will return tomorrow.

Funny how that works
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Also, which of Kyrie/KD/Harden will be the ceremonial 3rd option? That player always gets shafted, and how will they react to it? Bosh/Love took it to the chin as guys who were primary options before. But Kyrie/Harden? Good luck Coach Nash.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 8 of 73
Jump to: