*** Los Angeles Lakers @ San Antonio Spurs (01/01/21 @ 5:00 pm PT) Gm#6 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Easily Lebron's ugliest 4th quarter since game 2 of the Nuggets series. So thankful for this win.

Lucky he didn't get called for that offensive foul.


Yep it looks like this season Lebron and AD are on a mission to get more buckets.

Both of them putting up +25 shot attempts with a much lower field goal percentage from what we’re used to seeing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 54332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

If Nuggets beat the Suns, Lakers tied with Clips-Suns for 1st at 4-2. Would not that be funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.


An don’t forget Brooklyn getting spanked by Rajon Rondo and the Hawks as well
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 2045

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Nets and Clippers lose. Good stuff, 2021
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 2045

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Kinda funny that the Wizards win with Westbrook sitting out. I got downvoted into the abyss for bringing up Westbrook's efficiency on reddit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Curious, Suns starting lineup all a - in the +/- (at least with 7 seconds to go in the game)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Kinda funny that the Wizards win with Westbrook sitting out. I got downvoted into the abyss for bringing up Westbrook's efficiency on reddit.


LOL, figures. You rained on their fantasy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 2045

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Easily Lebron's ugliest 4th quarter since game 2 of the Nuggets series. So thankful for this win.

Lucky he didn't get called for that offensive foul.


Yep it looks like this season Lebron and AD are on a mission to get more buckets.

Both of them putting up +25 shot attempts with a much lower field goal percentage from what we’re used to seeing.


Something I wouldn't have guessed considering how much we upgraded offensively.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 439

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Nets and Clippers lose. Good stuff, 2021


And the Celtics lost! It's all coming together...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 54822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
DrDent wrote:
And Clippers getting heads beaten in by Jazz...good times.

Clippers have come out with a major chip and motivation to win, we have come out coasting, out of sorts and looking to incorporate a couple of high usage guys on a team where AD-Bron still playing into shape. Yet 6 games in, both teams likely tied for 2nd. I hope we stay in striking distance of top seed until the new guys find their roles and understand the system.

Suns are not surprising me, knew they would start off strong with CP3. That team already had a lot of talent, you add CP3 to Booker-Ayton etc. and the Suns had played together for a while, now you add CP3, I saw that coming.


I don't think they'll win a ship but with the addition of John Wall to the Rockets and Harden being a professional and playing ball they're gonna be a team to contend with. They're one of the better back courts in the league.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:41 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If Nuggets beat the Suns, Lakers tied with Clips-Suns for 1st at 4-2. Would not that be funny.


I think the Suns and Mavs will replace the Nuggets as a Western Elite. Then you add Portland.

The nuggets lost a lot of firepower with Jerami Grant and Mason Plumlee signing with Detroit. Jokic is definitely Italy feeling their absence.

Denver 1-4 🥴
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12668

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.


An don’t forget Brooklyn getting spanked by Rajon Rondo and the Hawks as well


If you call allowing the Hawks to score 141 in regulation a spanking then lol
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.


An don’t forget Brooklyn getting spanked by Rajon Rondo and the Hawks as well


If you call allowing the Hawks to score 141 in regulation a spanking then lol


Well, as far as I consider it, its not the number of points scored, its the size of the loss. If a team wins 88-10 that is an absolute demolition of the other club.

18 point win by the Hawks is definitely in the "blowout" realm as far as I'm concerned. So, count me in for a "LOL" as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3146

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

How come we played San Antonio back to back as visitors?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 12668

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.


An don’t forget Brooklyn getting spanked by Rajon Rondo and the Hawks as well


If you call allowing the Hawks to score 141 in regulation a spanking then lol


Well, as far as I consider it, its not the number of points scored, its the size of the loss. If a team wins 88-10 that is an absolute demolition of the other club.

18 point win by the Hawks is definitely in the "blowout" realm as far as I'm concerned. So, count me in for a "LOL" as well.

Factory. I agree with you.
_________________
Coach Vogel, Kidd, Hollins
Max slot : Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
How come we played San Antonio back to back as visitors?

Limit travel I guess
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 3240

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
How come we played San Antonio back to back as visitors?

Limit travel I guess


NBA is intelligently experimenting with scheduling that reduces travel and time zone burden on their players.
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe

#BannersOverBillboards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Car54 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Clippers clawing back


Yep - O.o


Can’t believe Gobert got 200 million. He’s the tallest guy on the court most nights and he’s a terrible rebounder.
Besides blocking shots he’s not great

Huge Conley three Jazz back up 6


Official: On 1-1-21, Laker victory, Clipper loss.

Don't look now but Nugs only down 2 with 30 seconds left vs Suns.


An don’t forget Brooklyn getting spanked by Rajon Rondo and the Hawks as well


If you call allowing the Hawks to score 141 in regulation a spanking then lol


Well, as far as I consider it, its not the number of points scored, its the size of the loss. If a team wins 88-10 that is an absolute demolition of the other club.

18 point win by the Hawks is definitely in the "blowout" realm as far as I'm concerned. So, count me in for a "LOL" as well.

Factory. I agree with you.



https://www.instagram.com/p/CJhrOc6rcsM/?igshid=k0czs8nuiyzr

Either way Brooklyn has no reason losing to Atlanta and I do not care that their roster is revamped.
Rondo didn’t even play as well lol.

Imagine the scrutiny the Lakers would get if/when we come out flat and lose to a scrub team this season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2014
Posts: 5920

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Good grind out win. Nothing seem to come easy and they still get the W.

I’ll take it.

Still would like to see some better team defense though. Still allowing too many easy baskets. Either layups or not contesting 3pt shooters is becoming a habit. One I don’t like.

It’s a win. Let’s see if they can get a streak going.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 21670
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Bron with a Westbrook triple double, shooting 36% from the field.


At least it's an anomaly, and we can expect Bron to be around 50% by end of the year. For Westbrook, it's reality every night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 7667

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 12:31 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Halflife wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
How come we played San Antonio back to back as visitors?

Limit travel I guess


NBA is intelligently experimenting with scheduling that reduces travel and time zone burden on their players.


I like the back to back games this season!
_________________
Lakers. Built different.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 440

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Not much to take away from this game aside from the fact the Spurs are easily not making the playoffs lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41987

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Bron with a Westbrook triple double, shooting 36% from the field.


At least it's an anomaly, and we can expect Bron to be around 50% by end of the year. For Westbrook, it's reality every night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB