RIP Mary Ann

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88094
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject: RIP Mary Ann

Dawn Wells, famous as Mary Ann from Gilligan’s Island, dead of Covid related illness at 82.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChefLinda
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 21276
Location: Boston

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject:

RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Jun 2002
Posts: 5866

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Rest In Peace Dawn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 2698
Location: 6.1.9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

From and the rest to The Professor and Mary Ann, she became an integral part of the show.
_________________
Lakers & Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Damn. It was Mary Ann all DAY, especially butt wise, although I wouldn't have kicked Ginger out of my hammock in my palm frond hut w/ coconut cups. She was Janet of Three's Co before Janet. Same vibe. Short, dark, nice bums, and underrated compared to the taller redhead/blonde.

Goodbye, Mary Ann. Ginger is the last one left, no? She still with us? I saw a Family Feud circa 78-82 with the cast of Gilligan vs 60s Batman cast a couple yrs ago. I commented that Jim Backus was one foot in the ground. Found link:

https://youtu.be/-NX6yqCTRO4?t=1
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!


Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:56 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
From and the rest to The Professor and Mary Ann, she became an integral part of the show.


Great line from MST2K: The Movie (movie was This Island Earth, which featured The Prof). The Professor walks onto screen for his first scene and before he says anything, they go, "What's this '...and the rest' crap?!"
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55378
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

You finally got off the island. Ginger is still hanging in there. The rest of the crew is setting up a hut for you. RIP
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27631

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Damn. It was Mary Ann all DAY, especially butt wise, although I wouldn't have kicked Ginger out of my hammock in my palm frond hut w/ coconut cups. She was Janet of Three's Co before Janet. Same vibe. Short, dark, nice bums, and underrated compared to the taller redhead/blonde.

Goodbye, Mary Ann. Ginger is the last one left, no? She still with us? I saw a Family Feud circa 78-82 with the cast of Gilligan vs 60s Batman cast a couple yrs ago. I commented that Jim Backus was one foot in the ground. Found link:

https://youtu.be/-NX6yqCTRO4?t=1


Dem shorts...
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88094
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Damn. It was Mary Ann all DAY, especially butt wise, although I wouldn't have kicked Ginger out of my hammock in my palm frond hut w/ coconut cups. She was Janet of Three's Co before Janet. Same vibe. Short, dark, nice bums, and underrated compared to the taller redhead/blonde.

Goodbye, Mary Ann. Ginger is the last one left, no? She still with us? I saw a Family Feud circa 78-82 with the cast of Gilligan vs 60s Batman cast a couple yrs ago. I commented that Jim Backus was one foot in the ground. Found link:

https://youtu.be/-NX6yqCTRO4?t=1


Dem shorts...


She was a QT, man. It's hard to fathom, but this generation if not the one before it knows not of Gilligan's Island. Sh that was as ubiquitous as The Brady Bunch and Happy Days. In fact, that stuff was all so ubiquitous that you didn't have to be a fan to know details about it because it was on so often that you absorbed it over time by osmosis.

https://flashbak.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/mary-ann.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6jEQ0wfro-E/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3a/b8/68/3ab86868297f8f12ff2cfd481084f8a9.jpg
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88094
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.


I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.


I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.


Uh oh. So the tales are true. Still, I don't begrudge Tina. Shows she had blood pumping thru her veins. Respekt to a playa!
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 48125
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.


I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.


Let's just say my dad was a Ginger fan . . .
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 55378
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I think Tina Louise either posed for Playboy or was on a cover.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.


Last edited by jodeke on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29155

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

May she rest in peace and continue to live on in re-runs for generations to come.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.


I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.


Let's just say my dad was a Ginger fan . . .


Farrah Fawcett had a similar lifestyle to Tina Louise if the rumors are correct (Omar has to give em up, or they didn't happen, cmon. DaMelo Mule-Ford tell that man to post the tranche of Ginger tales he's still recounting).

Anyway, Ms. Fawcett died of complications stemming from anal cancer. She fortunately died on the same day as Michael Jackson, who was even nuttier than her by a longshot, and thus, that grim reality flew under the radar. HPV from men's rubbish is a leading cause of both cervical and anal cancer. It's still not your everyday cause of death for women who have had many sexual partners who didn't demand that their partners use protection over their active sexual decades, but this form of cancer is becoming more prevalent over the decades and that's only gonna continue with old barriers becoming less taboo. Not saying Tina Louise is a candidate for that at all, just saying she was supposedly up there with Farrah as female Chamberlains in the entertainment biz.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!


Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 29155

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject:

https://youtu.be/bH5SB6eVfGY
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MPeP09FV3tk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 88094
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I was always of the belief that Mary Ann had that innocent cuteness about her, but Ginger knew what she was doing...


That is the consensus in fact, I've heard. Or at least it was claimed. Dunno if it was a case of Gilligan pulling a Screech and telling secrets about who did who, but rumor was that she had gents come to her trailer, etc. Hard to envision those two as anything but what their characters portray. They may have just happened to portray who they really were. Not shaming Tina Louise if that's the case. She wasn't Lovey's age, she was young and anxious like we all were. Beautiful face in her youth, classicly.


I meant strictly their characters, although I know someone who could tell you some Tina Louise stories, but I’m not gonna pass them on.


Let's just say my dad was a Ginger fan . . .


Farrah Fawcett had a similar lifestyle to Tina Louise if the rumors are correct (Omar has to give em up, or they didn't happen, cmon. DaMelo Mule-Ford tell that man to post the tranche of Ginger tales he's still recounting).

Anyway, Ms. Fawcett died of complications stemming from anal cancer. She fortunately died on the same day as Michael Jackson, who was even nuttier than her by a longshot, and thus, that grim reality flew under the radar. HPV from men's rubbish is a leading cause of both cervical and anal cancer. It's still not your everyday cause of death for women who have had many sexual partners who didn't demand that their partners use protection over their active sexual decades, but this form of cancer is becoming more prevalent over the decades and that's only gonna continue with old barriers becoming less taboo. Not saying Tina Louise is a candidate for that at all, just saying she was supposedly up there with Farrah as female Chamberlains in the entertainment biz.


Silly man, mule is the guy with the stories.
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

Silly man, mule is the guy with the stories.


Damn, he's never gonna give up the tranche.

50s sass, Bettie Page plus 80s Madonna cones:
https://tinyurl.com/y9czz5sa

https://tinyurl.com/ycuypj3a

https://tinyurl.com/ybda99uz

Ann-Margaret:
https://tinyurl.com/y9yecvyw

https://metvcdn.metv.com/sJdxH-1573769853-1793-quizzes-tlam_header2.jpg
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!


Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 23159
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

One of my good friends met Ms. Wells on a movie set once, fairly recently, like within the past few years. (We have a mutual friend who is a film director and Ms. Wells was on the set of this small film, though I don't believe she had a role in the movie.) He spoke of how genuinely kind and charming she was. May she RIP.
_________________
THE JOB IS FINISHED!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11168
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
May she rest in peace and continue to live on in re-runs for generations to come.


Dawn was the ONLY cast member with residuals in here contract, she made millions off of that in re-runs, whereas everyone else got squat...!
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 19625

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

"You Need Us", The Honeybees

https://youtu.be/Sz7gr4hSkNQ?t=17
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
DLADI: I WOULD BUY THE NPZ POSTS BOOK!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 18580
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

RIP

Curley Neal will be there to welcome you with a big bucket of confetti
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 17625
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

RIP
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB