*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (12/28/20 @ 7:00PM PT) Gm#4 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It's not about Trent going off.

It's more than Davis was severely out of rhythm after missing last game with injury.


I agree with this.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AD is going to suffer in the DPOY conversation. Game tape tonight is going to make it an uphill battle.


no-one is deciding DPOY from game 4 lol

and if Giannis can win it Davis can

have you watched Giannis play? lol


No I haven’t. Who is Giannis?

Sure he can, but he’s going to have to show a lot more of last season’s form.

If he doesn’t care about DPOY and wants to pace himself that’s fine. He just can’t play like tonight, might as well just load manage.


idk if you have. Giannis has games where he's a revolving door defensively all the time.

it's not a real award. rarely does the actual best defensive player get it.

and they don't need to "load manage" they need to take it easy in games. Lebron has been doing it for like half a decade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Ok, so, just a note to those (like me) who are critical of the Lakers D tonight vs the Blazers.

Just looking at last season's regular season games, Lakers vs Blazers, Lakers won 2 of 3, gave up:

113
120
127

(not looking at playoffs since things change up in a series)

I'm being too hard on our guys. While I expect better D, fact is Blazers can score. Lakers just need to execute better down the stretch, they had this game but lost in the last 5 minutes (Lakers were up 99-98 before Blazers ended game on a 17-8 run). In a way, this is similar to the first two games versus the Clippers last year where it took a bit for them to figure out closing lineups, defensive sets, etc in games where the game was essentially won/lost the last few minutes.


truth is first championship runs vs reigning champions are different

there's always an element of trying harder the first one. I think AD will hit his stride as will everyone else

I mean remember the lakers in the bubble before the playoffs

they'll have to figure it out I agree

but they'll also have to make sure the guys have their legs come playoff time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Portlands backcourt is one of the best in the league and it took Gary Trent to have lights out performance and AD having a bad game for them to beat us.

I'm pissed about this loss but if this was the playoffs, we beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Matchup wise, they were penetrating at will and broke down our defense multiple times.

Offensively, we weren't moving on offense and the ball got stagnant. We weren't in rhythm most of the game.


Some things to tweak and work on, I'm relatively optimistic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison


It’s your opinion.

It’s the same theme. Blow out a couple of teams, feel themselves...just like any other team.

Sure they have championship pedigree, but it doesn’t make them invincible and any less prone. Plenty of examples through the years.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 6798

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
Portlands backcourt is one of the best in the league and it took Gary Trent to have lights out performance and AD having a bad game for them to beat us.

I'm pissed about this loss but if this was the playoffs, we beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Matchup wise, they were penetrating at will and broke down our defense multiple times.

Offensively, we weren't moving on offense and the ball got stagnant. We weren't in rhythm most of the game.


Some things to tweak and work on, I'm relatively optimistic.

We’d lost by 20 if DS didn’t go off. Also the refs kind of sucked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

We were up 99-98. Then they outscored us 17-8. What happened? Was it as simple as attacked Schroder and Trez in the pnr?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 5418
Location: A room with a view!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
RhodyRay wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
nothing to blame. this games not close of Gary Trent doesn't come out of the abyss and play a career game

it's that simple

lakers will be fine. everyones just going game to game finding new people too blame

relax lulz

this is going to happen more times than this

lakers will coast some games and other teams will give everything they have for 4 quarters

have seen this with Kobe/shaq, Kobe/gasol

this is par for the course


Yea and we saw the Clippers do this last year and it didn't turn out well.

The Lakers CAN NOT afford to coast this year. I can see them load managing both AD and LeBron - but not coasting against teams like the Blazers. Not a good thing to do but it does happen.

The Lakers were sloppy tonight. After they blew their lead and the Blazers went ahead, they should have known this was going to happen.

They have to do better.


lol

the lakers aren't the clippers. you're comparing a team who had 1 player who had ever won anything (and he sat for like 20% of their games and didn't practice) to a team that just won the championship like 3 months ago

have some perspective lol


Blasphemy!

You will NEVER catch me comparing the Lakers to the Clippers!

Last year the Clippers acted like they were the champs even though they have never made it out of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The Lakers just need to come to play whenever they go against playoff contending teams or they can be beat like they were tonight.

This team is too deep not to beat the Blazers even when a guy like AD is having an off night. I guess the team didn't adjust to him being back in the lineup.

I am not even sure of the lineup of Dennis, KCP, LeBron, AD, and Gasol. This might not be their best starting lineup. Kuz did well last night but tonight his shot wasn't there. Tonight the Lakers could have used him making a few more shots.
_________________
Let them HATE so long as they FEAR!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison


It’s your opinion.

It’s the same theme. Blow out a couple of teams, feel themselves...just like any other team.

Sure they have championship pedigree, but it doesn’t make them invincible and any less prone. Plenty of examples through the years.


I know you seem to find the need to complain. first it was gasol. then he played well. now it's the lakers are the clippers

next it'll be god knows what

it's contextually ignorant. not an opinion it's. fact. the lakers aren't the clippers. championship pedigree doesn't mean you're infallible. that wasn't said.

and I have examples to the contrary as well. from this franchise. but again I don't expect anything less than more panic after the next loss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RhodyRay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 5418
Location: A room with a view!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
No matter how you digest this, it all comes down to Gary Trent Jr hitting ridiculous 3s. I mean, we can withstand CJ and dame, but not the 3rd guy. Similar to PG went off against us in game 1. These don’t happen in the playoffs, so move on to the spurs


We were still tied after Trent left. Our starters just lost to Portland's starters for the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. But if we had played with energy from the first quarter, we would have come into the 4th quarter with a bigger lead so we would have been able to weathered the threes by Trent.

We lost this game because we didn't play hard from the opening tip and Portland did.


Which is why I don't think this loss is a big deal.. We'd wipe the floor with that squad if we actually took them serious. I would expect us to lose more games like this during the season. As long as it's nothing consistent I think we'll be fine. We have a lot of vets, they aren't going to get up for every game.


If the vets don't want to get up for some games put in guys like THT and the young guys that want to play. I don't mind if AD wants to sit some games. Let someone else play. The more play time now, the better experience for the playoffs.
_________________
Let them HATE so long as they FEAR!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
No matter how you digest this, it all comes down to Gary Trent Jr hitting ridiculous 3s. I mean, we can withstand CJ and dame, but not the 3rd guy. Similar to PG went off against us in game 1. These don’t happen in the playoffs, so move on to the spurs


We were still tied after Trent left. Our starters just lost to Portland's starters for the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. But if we had played with energy from the first quarter, we would have come into the 4th quarter with a bigger lead so we would have been able to weathered the threes by Trent.

We lost this game because we didn't play hard from the opening tip and Portland did.


Lakersfever:

Not to nitpick, but the two bolded statements are simply factually untrue. Lakers jumped out to a 20-7 WITH their starters. When Gasol left in the first, they were up 20-12. They made a come back WITH their starters (meaning LBJ, AD, Gasol, DS, KCP). When he checked out in the third Lakers were up 73-71. Now, I had to check game play summary for specifics, but I do know watching this game saying "Gasol with the starters has been a good lineup tonight"...but he did not play in the fourth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison


It’s your opinion.

It’s the same theme. Blow out a couple of teams, feel themselves...just like any other team.

Sure they have championship pedigree, but it doesn’t make them invincible and any less prone. Plenty of examples through the years.


I know you seem to find the need to complain. first it was gasol. then he played well. now it's the lakers are the clippers

next it'll be god knows what

it's contextually ignorant. not an opinion it's. fact. the lakers aren't the clippers. championship pedigree doesn't mean you're infallible. that wasn't said.

and I have examples to the contrary as well. from this franchise. but again I don't expect anything less than more panic after the next loss


Ok buddy. Use your real account next time whoever you are. There is no panic. It’s just discussion.

I didn’t complain about Gasol. I said they need another serviceable rim protecting big.

I’m here to talk basketball. You do you. Bye.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 475

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
Portlands backcourt is one of the best in the league and it took Gary Trent to have lights out performance and AD having a bad game for them to beat us.

I'm pissed about this loss but if this was the playoffs, we beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Matchup wise, they were penetrating at will and broke down our defense multiple times.

Offensively, we weren't moving on offense and the ball got stagnant. We weren't in rhythm most of the game.


Some things to tweak and work on, I'm relatively optimistic.

We’d lost by 20 if DS didn’t go off. Also the refs kind of sucked



Blazers can have the regular season. We take them out in playoffs easy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 15430

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison


It’s your opinion.

It’s the same theme. Blow out a couple of teams, feel themselves...just like any other team.

Sure they have championship pedigree, but it doesn’t make them invincible and any less prone. Plenty of examples through the years.


I know you seem to find the need to complain. first it was gasol. then he played well. now it's the lakers are the clippers

next it'll be god knows what

it's contextually ignorant. not an opinion it's. fact. the lakers aren't the clippers. championship pedigree doesn't mean you're infallible. that wasn't said.

and I have examples to the contrary as well. from this franchise. but again I don't expect anything less than more panic after the next loss


Ok buddy. Use your real account next time whoever you are. There is no panic. It’s just discussion.

I didn’t complain about Gasol. I said they need another serviceable rim protecting big.

I’m here to talk basketball. You do you. Bye.


he is just a dumb F ...ok sentiment meat...try harder later
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Oct 2020
Posts: 632

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...


the lakers have nothing in common with the 2019 clippers other than Harrell lol

were the clippers coming off a championship 2 months before the season started?

it's a contextually ignorant comparison


It’s your opinion.

It’s the same theme. Blow out a couple of teams, feel themselves...just like any other team.

Sure they have championship pedigree, but it doesn’t make them invincible and any less prone. Plenty of examples through the years.


I know you seem to find the need to complain. first it was gasol. then he played well. now it's the lakers are the clippers

next it'll be god knows what

it's contextually ignorant. not an opinion it's. fact. the lakers aren't the clippers. championship pedigree doesn't mean you're infallible. that wasn't said.

and I have examples to the contrary as well. from this franchise. but again I don't expect anything less than more panic after the next loss


Ok buddy. Use your real account next time whoever you are. There is no panic. It’s just discussion.

I didn’t complain about Gasol. I said they need another serviceable rim protecting big.

I’m here to talk basketball. You do you. Bye.


he is just a dumb F ...ok sentiment meat...try harder later


are you following me around threads? lol

my moms not with me and neither is kuzma so you don't have to keep searching for me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 6726

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject:

Would have been better with AD resting another game. He clearly wasn't all there tonight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Al13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 2155
Location: Berlin, Germany

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:32 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AD is going to suffer in the DPOY conversation. Game tape tonight is going to make it an uphill battle.


yeah I‘m pretty sure its already over....this game did decide it....use your brain before posting stupid stuff like this....yikes
_________________
Schröder or Schroeder....not Shroder.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AD is going to suffer in the DPOY conversation. Game tape tonight is going to make it an uphill battle.


yeah I‘m pretty sure its already over....this game did decide it....use your brain before posting stupid stuff like this....yikes


Narratives around these awards is built early in the season. I didn’t say he wouldn’t win, just that the early season highlights will have an impact. Just the way it is. People focus on early season games and then as season winds down into the playoffs.

How about you worry about your own thoughts instead of meaningless replies?
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2005
Posts: 1197

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject:

AD is not his typical self, but Gary Trent iand Kanter s the reason we lost the game. Trent from 3 and Kanter on the Boards. Missing Carmelo yesterday, cause us the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 6726

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
We were up 99-98. Then they outscored us 17-8. What happened? Was it as simple as attacked Schroder and Trez in the pnr?


Apparently.

How the Blazers exploited Montrezl Harrell defensively and reminded the Lakers of their true identity
The Lakers experimented on Monday and got burned for it


https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/how-the-blazers-exploited-montrezl-harrell-defensively-and-reminded-the-lakers-of-their-true-identity/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BlueNGold
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 824

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Shameful display for most involved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Jul 2018
Posts: 441

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Portland's highest ceiling is just being a good regular season team, that squad folds in the playoffs. I am not a tad worried, the best bet Portland had at a title was the squad that was unfortunate to run up against Kobe and Shaq.

This game was ugly, no one of the Lakers seemed to have been in any sort of flow. I know they won't do that next game so I don't have to really think about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB