*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trail Blazers (12/28/20 @ 7:00PM PT) Gm#4 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:33 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
No matter how you digest this, it all comes down to Gary Trent Jr hitting ridiculous 3s. I mean, we can withstand CJ and dame, but not the 3rd guy. Similar to PG went off against us in game 1. These don’t happen in the playoffs, so move on to the spurs

We were still tied after Trent left. Our starters just lost to Portland's starters for the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. But if we had played with energy from the first quarter, we would have come into the 4th quarter with a bigger lead so we would have been able to weathered the threes by Trent.

We lost this game because we didn't play hard from the opening tip and Portland did.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

RhodyRay wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
nothing to blame. this games not close of Gary Trent doesn't come out of the abyss and play a career game

it's that simple

lakers will be fine. everyones just going game to game finding new people too blame

relax lulz

this is going to happen more times than this

lakers will coast some games and other teams will give everything they have for 4 quarters

have seen this with Kobe/shaq, Kobe/gasol

this is par for the course

Yea and we saw the Clippers do this last year and it didn't turn out well.

The Lakers CAN NOT afford to coast this year. I can see them load managing both AD and LeBron - but not coasting against teams like the Blazers. Not a good thing to do but it does happen.

The Lakers were sloppy tonight. After they blew their lead and the Blazers went ahead, they should have known this was going to happen.

They have to do better.

lol

the lakers aren't the clippers. you're comparing a team who had 1 player who had ever won anything (and he sat for like 20% of their games and didn't practice) to a team that just won the championship like 3 months ago

have some perspective lol
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Halflife wrote:
We’ll be lucky to get 8th seed

No way, 10th seed, for sure....

Ha ha ha...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Portland is a top four team in the West. I have them behind only the Clippers and maybe Denver.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

AD. Would rather he not play than playing so soft once again. Not hustling, no defense, looking disinterested. Just don’t play. I would rather lose with someone giving it their all. And if he’s hurt then don’t play.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
No matter how you digest this, it all comes down to Gary Trent Jr hitting ridiculous 3s. I mean, we can withstand CJ and dame, but not the 3rd guy. Similar to PG went off against us in game 1. These don’t happen in the playoffs, so move on to the spurs

We were still tied after Trent left. Our starters just lost to Portland's starters for the last 8 minutes of the 4th quarter. But if we had played with energy from the first quarter, we would have come into the 4th quarter with a bigger lead so we would have been able to weathered the threes by Trent.

We lost this game because we didn't play hard from the opening tip and Portland did.

Which is why I don't think this loss is a big deal.. We'd wipe the floor with that squad if we actually took them serious. I would expect us to lose more games like this during the season. As long as it's nothing consistent I think we'll be fine. We have a lot of vets, they aren't going to get up for every game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Can’t forget how much AC helps defending CJ and Dame.

Either way not surpassed on this loss to a team we demolished in the 1st Round Of last seasons playoffs.

Good win for the Blazers.
will get our revenge later down the line

AC is so injury prone. I don’t even remember him getting hurt.

Caruso isn’t out because of “hurt“. He is out because of the NBA health and safety protocols.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It’s one game, chicken littles!! The sky is not falling. It’s game 4!!!
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

Caruso didn't play- game.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Small sample size, yes, but both of our losses have had the same narrative: trailing late, getting oh-so-close, and not getting it done.

This is the very definition of not D'ing up when it matters most. We couldn't stop the Flippers in crunch time and we couldn't stop Portland in crunch time.

Hopefully adjustments will be made to solve this, but we have GOT to get better at defending the perimeter and for the love of God, we have GOT to get someone out there to get some offensive rebounds. That's supposed to be Trezz's thing, but he was punked tonight down the stretch.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AD is going to suffer in the DPOY conversation. Game tape tonight is going to make it an uphill battle.

Narratives aren't built on 4 games but he has come out of the gate a bit unfocused. Thought he'd have more of a determined approach this season. His game tonight was really strange.

my guess is Lebron told him to keep himself paced for the season. he's never done that. Lebron does it effortlessly.

even AD said in an interview he's trying to pace himself

once he finds that balance that Lebron has we'll be fine

Marc knows how to do it too
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Where's Camelo Anthony? Maybe that's why Portland won. Their weakness wasn't playing in this game. We really need Melo to be in there like in the playoffs.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

The game might be in garbage time if Trent didn’t go off like that, but then obviously CJ and Dame can always hit hard shots when they come back in.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

I’m confident our squad will get better.

Wes was a starter for the Bucks last season and they had the best record in the league.

Trezz had a real quiet night as he’s getting used to playing with AD. I feel he’s already got a good grove with Lebron and Marc.

Markieff had a doughnut tonight. That’s not gonna happen too often with whatever minutes he gets.

No AC.

THT’s emerging but he’s still learning on the go.

Kuz is still a wild card. On fire against Minny with a expanded role with no AD. An looks like he reverted to inconsistent ways tonight.

After game 10-15 is when will truly know how our squads gels together.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

and the refs...lets not trip- you even look at dame the wrong way you get whistled.
LastStand 2.0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
It’s one game, chicken littles!! The sky is not falling. It’s game 4!!!

it was falling after game 1 lol

there were fans proclaiming us lucky to have dodged the clippers.

I've never understood how fans can't tell the difference between the 2016 and 2017 lakers playing sooo hard every game and losing to a reigning champion trying not to blow their load in the first half of the season
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Wes look super washed to me- THT would shut mccollum down IMO...
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
AD is going to suffer in the DPOY conversation. Game tape tonight is going to make it an uphill battle.

no-one is deciding DPOY from game 4 lol

and if Giannis can win it Davis can

have you watched Giannis play? lol

No I haven’t. Who is Giannis?

Sure he can, but he’s going to have to show a lot more of last season’s form.

If he doesn’t care about DPOY and wants to pace himself that’s fine. He just can’t play like tonight, might as well just load manage.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Our intensity and energy were lacking. We let Portland slow down the pace and keep it close. You can't keep it close against that team because then it's Dame time.

We need to do a better job of harassing teams defensively and using that to up-tempo the game on offense.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

I’m not really mad about the loss as much as I’m mad about deciding to let AD play this game, the Lakers should have known that this was a scheduled lose with all the factors involved in this game.. ( beating POR in the bubble playoffs ) is 1 of them.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Of course it's Dame who ends our 3rd quarter lead streak.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Clipper game was fine. This game was even more half ass than that one.

It’s fine, as long as habits aren’t formed. Ask the 2019-20 Clippers about that...
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

and the refs...lets not trip- you even look at dame the wrong way you get whistled.

Yea and I lost track of how many times Lebron didn't get a call. I've rarely seen Lebron get T'd up for arguing calls but he actually got one today. Maybe the back-to-back blowout wins got the league office noticed.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok, so, just a note to those (like me) who are critical of the Lakers D tonight vs the Blazers.

Just looking at last season's regular season games, Lakers vs Blazers, Lakers won 2 of 3, gave up:

(not looking at playoffs since things change up in a series)

I'm being too hard on our guys. While I expect better D, fact is Blazers can score. Lakers just need to execute better down the stretch, they had this game but lost in the last 5 minutes (Lakers were up 99-98 before Blazers ended game on a 17-8 run). In a way, this is similar to the first two games versus the Clippers last year where it took a bit for them to figure out closing lineups, defensive sets, etc in games where the game was essentially won/lost the last few minutes.

Last edited by DrDent on Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

It's not about Trent going off.

It's more than Davis was severely out of rhythm after missing last game with injury.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25
Jump to: