Idiot HS football player destroys ref
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Idiot HS football player destroys ref

Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiot HS football player destroys ref

angrypuppy wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=httZCL1YUG4&feature=youtu.be

Destroys the ref
Destroys his chances of any kind of any kind of athletic scholarship
Destroys his team's chances of winning anything this season
Destroys his reputation

Charged with assault.

What. An. Idiot.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

High school kid with worse than Burfict-like tendencies. There is competitiveness and hot-headedness (something I could easily relate to especially during my youth).....and then there is this...there are no words for this.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Good thing that ref had some size to him. A smaller guy could've been seriously injured. Clown ass kid.

*edit* - Just found out he's 18 too. Yeah, this isn't going to end well.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Nimrod might have just set the record for most penalties on a single play:

1. Unnecessary Roughness
2. Unsportsmanlike Conduct
3. Illegal Use of Hands
4. Clipping
5. Offsides
6. Too many men on the field
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:29 am    Post subject:

I was all for charges being brought against the kid, and he should be expelled from school for the remainder if the year. I am not sure I understand or support the entire team being disqualified from the playoffs.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I was all for charges being brought against the kid, and he should be expelled from school for the remainder if the year. I am not sure I understand or support the entire team being disqualified from the playoffs.

The obvious answer is to emphasize to any meathead in the future that such a thing is so heinous that if they do it, their whole season is in the toilet most riki-tik. Teammates being involved is essentially making said Joker take Rafterman into the sht with him only for them to have their cameras stolen. And yet it still happens. Imagine if that weren't the rule, we'd probably see these incidents even more often. And these incidents are a problem. You've seen all the clips in various sports of these aholes not controlling their emotions against refs who are in almost every case much more fragile and often quite a bit older than the athlete who does it. There needs to be teeth in a no tolerance policy. . This is the closest to it and law enforcement should be involved and his future prospects should be impacted as well. Coaches need to tell their teams about this and the consequences early in the season and advisedly tell them more than once.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Imagine if that weren't the rule

It’s not the rule. The school district decided to punish the school.

Quote:
Edinburg CISD issued a statement Friday morning saying, "The district has decided to remove the Edinburg High School football team from the playoffs after an unexpected incident involving a student that occurred during a football game on December 3, 2020."
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

Looking at these videos of high school football makes me feel OLD.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

Young chap is stone dumb. Probably nuked his career in organized sports.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Quote:
Edinburg CISD issued a statement Friday morning saying, "The district has decided to remove the Edinburg High School football team from the playoffs after an unexpected incident involving a student that occurred during a football game on December 3, 2020."

Imagine if the school district didn't have that inclination... Just imagine for the sake of imagining.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Unfortunately this wasn't the first time the kid got kicked off a team for unsportsmanlike conduct. Apparently he was on the soccer team and got kicked off the team as well last year. The school gave him another chance and now their entire team is disqualified. They should've had better controls on how they manage their athletes.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The obvious answer is to emphasize to any meathead in the future that such a thing is so heinous that if they do it, their whole season is in the toilet most riki-tik. Teammates being involved is essentially making said Joker take Rafterman into the sht with him only for them to have their cameras stolen. And yet it still happens. Imagine if that weren't the rule, we'd probably see these incidents even more often. And these incidents are a problem. You've seen all the clips in various sports of these aholes not controlling their emotions against refs who are in almost every case much more fragile and often quite a bit older than the athlete who does it. There needs to be teeth in a no tolerance policy. . This is the closest to it and law enforcement should be involved and his future prospects should be impacted as well. Coaches need to tell their teams about this and the consequences early in the season and advisedly tell them more than once.

It really sucks for the rest of the team but is the right decision.

Part of playing HS Sports is developing character and showing people how to work together successfully as a team.

When I played organized sports in HS, if a teammate would make the same mistake over and over, the coaches would make the whole team run. After a while, the other players made sure said teammate stopped making the mistake.

Same concept here. I feel bad in a way for the young man as he just flushed a lot of things down the toilet in his life. As bad as it was, he is just 18 and it would be sad if this defines his future.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it's a good thing, his lack of mental control over his feeling is recognized now, before he seriously hurt or kill someone in the future outside of sports.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Unfortunately this wasn't the first time the kid got kicked off a team for unsportsmanlike conduct. Apparently he was on the soccer team and got kicked off the team as well last year. The school gave him another chance and now their entire team is disqualified. They should've had better controls on how they manage their athletes.

He's lucky he didn't become the first kid on his block with a confirmed kill.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

He'll get his comeuppance. He'll also be a pariah. A visit to a doctor with a couch is in order.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Looking at these videos of high school football makes me feel OLD.

You're back in 1990. Humpty Hump or MC Hammer. Who you got playing on your Discman?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He'll get his comeuppance. He'll also be a pariah. A visit to a doctor with a couch is in order.

Bars of soap and hand towels.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Quote:

Imagine if the school district didn't have that inclination... Just imagine for the sake of imagining.

You don’t have to imagine. It doesn’t happen at the college or pro level. Probably doesn’t happen in AAU.

Basically, if money is involved, they won’t suspend the team.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Why blame the school?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Why blame the school?

The school knew he had discipline problems and still let him on the football team.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Why blame the school?

The school knew he had discipline problems and still let him on the football team.

And this is emblematic of what happens when success in sports programs supplants ethics in education.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

easybreeze wrote:
Maybe it's a good thing, his lack of mental control over his feeling is recognized now, before he seriously hurt or kill someone in the future outside of sports.

that would be a silver lining, but if we are being honest that is probably a very low percentage of the outcome. Now that he is not in organized athletics, I doubt anyone steps up to try to help this kid or he will feel like there is no reason to even try to control his conduct now that the carrot of football has been taken away. I hope I am wrong.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
easybreeze wrote:

that would be a silver lining, but if we are being honest that is probably a very low percentage of the outcome. Now that he is not in organized athletics, I doubt anyone steps up to try to help this kid or he will feel like there is no reason to even try to control his conduct now that the carrot of football has been taken away. I hope I am wrong.

if a ref can drive him to react like that, just wait to when he starts dating.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Juvenile vs def crossed the line, what’s the right sport thing to do, I mean Rodman head butted a ref
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: