QFTOS: Klutchlinka put a beatdown on the NBA- offseason edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
From CelticsStrong:

Quote:
I hate to say it; but with recent trades/signings, I think the Lakers have created separation between them and the rest of the league.

I just can’t see anyone challenging the Lakers this coming season.

Quote:
Plunges the knife deeper into my heart each time I see this thread title*.

Looking forward to this thread being buried so I can remain firmly in denial for as long as possible.

* - thread title is "Separation - Lakers"

I love it. What a beautiful sight.

Good work finding this stuff Dr L.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
pokoy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
Streetlights over spotlights

Banner over Ballmer

Trophy over money

Clippers playing chess. Lakers playing basketball.

Bro’s before Ho’s

Other Clip billboards:

DRIVEN OVER GIVEN
WE NOT ME
SNARL OVER STYLE

Our newest: HARRELL NOT DARRELL (a Clipper Darrell diss)

More genius from the idjit who created those Clipper billboards from an LAT article:

“The way I see it, when you come to Southern California, you have two choices for a pro basketball team,’’ Buhaj said. “One team tells you about its jewelry and its ancient history. The other one has consistently put a good product on the floor. I chose the latter.’’

“You see a lot of new folks come to L.A., they’re not forced to take on the assumed exceptionalism of the Lakers. We can make our choices on what team is winning more, and the Clippers are winning more,’’ Buhaj said.

Aged like milk. Are those billboards still up? I no longer live in SoCal so I don’t know. I’d imagine they’d want to rework that marketing campaign a bit.

To be fair, what he said was true at the time. No one expects a team who missed the playoffs for the previous 7 years to all of a sudden win a championship.

But that’s what a great history and Laker exceptionalism can get you.

Lakers are coming into next season as the hunted though, and Clippers back in their role as underdog where they’d probably prefer to be. The irritating thing about them is with the richest owner in the league now, they won’t be going away. Those days are gone.

They won’t be gone “this season”. Until they fail again, then Kawhi and George leave the team and no draft picks to recover from such a hit. Thus being forced to be “gone”.

That would be amazing. Clippers Apocalypse!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pokoy wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
StoicChalice392 wrote:
governator wrote:
governator wrote:
LastStand 2.0 wrote:
Streetlights over spotlights

Banner over Ballmer

Trophy over money

Clippers playing chess. Lakers playing basketball.

Bro’s before Ho’s

Other Clip billboards:

DRIVEN OVER GIVEN
WE NOT ME
SNARL OVER STYLE

Our newest: HARRELL NOT DARRELL (a Clipper Darrell diss)

More genius from the idjit who created those Clipper billboards from an LAT article:

“The way I see it, when you come to Southern California, you have two choices for a pro basketball team,’’ Buhaj said. “One team tells you about its jewelry and its ancient history. The other one has consistently put a good product on the floor. I chose the latter.’’

“You see a lot of new folks come to L.A., they’re not forced to take on the assumed exceptionalism of the Lakers. We can make our choices on what team is winning more, and the Clippers are winning more,’’ Buhaj said.

Aged like milk. Are those billboards still up? I no longer live in SoCal so I don’t know. I’d imagine they’d want to rework that marketing campaign a bit.

To be fair, what he said was true at the time. No one expects a team who missed the playoffs for the previous 7 years to all of a sudden win a championship.

But that’s what a great history and Laker exceptionalism can get you.

Lakers are coming into next season as the hunted though, and Clippers back in their role as underdog where they’d probably prefer to be. The irritating thing about them is with the richest owner in the league now, they won’t be going away. Those days are gone.

They won’t be gone “this season”. Until they fail again, then Kawhi and George leave the team and no draft picks to recover from such a hit. Thus being forced to be “gone”.

Yeah I feel like Ballmer is one of those Mark Cuban types where a collapse won’t keep them down for too long. That front office has everything at their disposal and bottomless pockets. If you think about it, the Lakers should actually be the underdog in the city every year just in terms of resources.

Even having no picks and if KL and PG do leave (I doubt they do though), I can see them coming back pretty quick like the Nets did. That still makes me laugh actually, seeing that the Celtics all thought they’d screwed the Nets for years - and here we are heading into next season with the Celtics having no rings or Finals appearances to show for their heist, and the Nets even being favored above them.

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Yep, those (Sterling) days are gone. I've lived in SoCal all my life. You're right, they're not going away, in terms of competing, Ballmer will spend to make sure of that, BUT, I'm just grateful they're moving out of Staples at the end of their lease in 2024.

So, in a sense, they're going away.

The pipe dream is they move away from the city completely. Stop trying to buy the LA and go toIt still feels so blasphemous that Ballmer literally owns the Great Western Forum now and that they’re moving to Inglewood.

I agree. Other than LA, Inglewood was home for me for twenty plus years. My consolation about ballmer & Inglewood is that he's set aside some serious ca$h for the Inglewood school system to benefit from.

And, oh yeah, the residents of Inglewood will benefit from increased property values, but they'll have he_l to pay when those Sunday games bring snarling traffic onto local streets.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
My point was "playoff Rondo" was terrible more often then he was great.

I mean these were his 6 finals games
2 of 7
5 of 9
2 of 8
1 of 7
1 of 7
8 of 11

This is not a guy you can consistently rely for anything. He is all over the map. Some games he looks good, some games he is terrible. The Lakers won't miss him at all.

This was the exact point I was attempting to make in the Rondo thread. Playoff Rondo is perceived to be bigger than his actual production. I'm happy he is gone.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Quote:

2 of 7
5 of 9
2 of 8
1 of 7
1 of 7
8 of 11

This is not a guy you can consistently rely for anything. He is all over the map. Some games he looks good, some games he is terrible. The Lakers won't miss him at all.

This was the exact point I was attempting to make in the Rondo thread. Playoff Rondo is perceived to be bigger than his actual production. I'm happy he is gone.

The Bubble's version of Playoff Rondo is a bit overrated imo. At his age, he's more of a DFish type who has big postseason moments. Far different than prime Rondo who could put up star-like numbers in the playoffs.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:15 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
Quote:

2 of 7
5 of 9
2 of 8
1 of 7
1 of 7
8 of 11

Nice nitpicking. Didn't realize the playoffs were only 6 games and that shooting % was the only stat that counts as impact. Rondo was huge for us the majority of the playoffs. Anybody who thinks/says otherwise either didn't watch the games or has an agenda.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: