Grand opening of Colorado In-N-Out burger joint sparks traffic jams, parking lot brawls, and 14 hour wait times
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Grand opening of Colorado In-N-Out burger joint sparks traffic jams, parking lot brawls, and 14 hour wait times

I've never been to In N Out but I can't imagine waiting that many hours for this either.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-in-n-out-burger-lines-colorado-long-wait-20201121-fqszqi4ktfdrlpmlt6qep4vw5u-story.html

Quote:
Grand opening of Colorado In-N-Out burger joint sparks traffic jams, parking lot brawls and 14-hour wait times

It was In-N-Out-rageous.

The grand opening of an In-N-Out Burger joint in Colorado sparked massive traffic jams, parking lot brawls, and a wait for food lasting, in some instances, up to 14 hours.

Food fans flocked to the new restaurants on Friday, eager for their chance to order from iconic California-based fast food chain. By the time afternoon rolled around however, authorities estimated the line for food in Aurora stretched more than a mile long.

“It’s hard to estimate. What we know is the line wrapped around the mall twice, and there were some nearby hwy backups,” the Aurora Police Department said in a tweet. “Right now we estimate the line to be 1.5-2 miles long.”

In another tweet Friday afternoon, authorities warned those only just venturing out to one of the In-N-Out locations would not reach the drive-up window ahead of closing.

“IN-n-Out burger is now at a TWELVE HOUR WAIT. I repeat TWELVE HOURS,” the department tweeted.

“Traffic is still significantly impacted in the area surrounding the mall. They will close before you get to the window most likely. Meanwhile many other local eateries do not have a wait hint hint.”

In a follow-up tweet authorities upped the wait to 14 hours and again encouraged those in line to patronize other restaurants in the area: “Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!”

Who said it’d be a good idea to open an #InNOut in Aurora ??😩😩 pic.twitter.com/ESFEy4bmBE

— Monica (@monica9147) November 20, 2020
Some customers who tried to endure the wait lost patience, exited in their vehicles and began to fight. A video reportedly taken on the scene shows a group of people swinging their fists at each other — including one man who appears to be wearing only boxers — until they’re separated by other customers.

Just after 4:30 p.m. Aurora police shared their final update on the In-N-Out Burger chaos.

“The last car that will be served tonight has been “marked” and is estimated they will be served around 2:00 a.m.,” officers wrote.

“We anticipate continued traffic impacts in the coming days so please use alternate routes, maybe you’ll find another great local eatery to support.”

In-N-Out, famous for its rotating burger menu, has earned a cult following over its more than 70 years in business. The fast food chain has locations in only six other states: California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Texas, and Oregon.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Sheesh people are idiots. First Popeyes then toilet paper now this.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Not even a restaurant burger is worth all of that.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject:

I looove In n Out and think it ranks as one of the best fast food places in regards to price and quality. And I love their fries (yeah fight me 😜).

It’s always the first place i go whenever I’m back in California.

But no way would I ever wait 14 hours for their food.

Nothing is worth waiting that long for.

Well.... nothing unless the classic Oasis lineup ever decided to reunite, that is
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:33 pm    Post subject:

there's an In n Out off Roy Rogers in the high desert that I frequent as a pit stop when passing through to Vegas or visiting fam...
there's been 2-3 times that there was literally ZERO line... pulled right up to the ordering window, skipped the first window, got my food, and there was no car behind me as I left... completely surreal
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
there's an In n Out off Roy Rogers in the high desert that I frequent as a pit stop when passing through to Vegas or visiting fam...
there's been 2-3 times that there was literally ZERO line... pulled right up to the ordering window, skipped the first window, got my food, and there was no car behind me as I left... completely surreal

That location normally always has a pretty long line. I worked and lived in Victorville for 2.5 years. I'm still trying to wipe those memories from my head.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:33 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
I worked and lived in Victorville for 2.5 years. I'm still trying to wipe those memories from my head.

What the fuuuuuuudge. I always wondered who did that. What those peoples' lives are like, how they got there, how they keep going, etc.

Do you care to share that story?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
I worked and lived in Victorville for 2.5 years. I'm still trying to wipe those memories from my head.

What the fuuuuuuudge. I always wondered who did that. What those peoples' lives are like, how they got there, how they keep going, etc.

Haha, sure. My bro owned a bunch of pharmacies (since sold) up in that area. The area sucks like hell but for any business in health care it's a gold mine with the huge number of elderly living up there (dirt cheap homes etc). In any event, I was in a rough patch in my life and he threw me a lifeline to help him operate them. Rent was stupid cheap for me at the time and I would come back to the OC every weekend. The biggest takeaway from that experience was that it was depressing. From the run down strip malls to desert fields with tumbleweeds bouncing by, it was really hard to for a guy like me to keep it together. Even pulling up those memories makes me sad.

It's sort of silly but I grew really curious as to why in the heck people would settle there. I mean, if you're a settler heading West, why would you stop in the high desert? There's sometimes snow in the winters and the summers make whatever summer heat we feel in LA proper feel like an air conditioned home. It was like the surface of the moon. I still don't have an answer as to why the (bleep) the original settlers decided to plant their roots there.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

You're lucky ocho is busy in the free agent thread these days.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 am    Post subject:

If she ever took this company public .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

She's already paid and probably doesn't wanna deal with the headache.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
If she ever took this company public .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

She's already paid and probably doesn't wanna deal with the headache.

She's already a billionaire, the quality of the food would suffer tremendously since the reason its good is because they keep a very tight control of the supply chain. Going public they would cut corners not to mention you wouldn't see these lines anymore since they would probably be as common as a Wendy's or McDonald's.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:44 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

You're lucky ocho is busy in the free agent thread these days.

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Hey man, people better get out of the way of my in n out.

One of my favorite things to do after coming back from any trip on the way back from the airport is getting in n out. Its a ritual at this point
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

Haha, sure. My bro owned a bunch of pharmacies (since sold) up in that area. The area sucks like hell but for any business in health care it's a gold mine with the huge number of elderly living up there (dirt cheap homes etc). In any event, I was in a rough patch in my life and he threw me a lifeline to help him operate them. Rent was stupid cheap for me at the time and I would come back to the OC every weekend. The biggest takeaway from that experience was that it was depressing. From the run down strip malls to desert fields with tumbleweeds bouncing by, it was really hard to for a guy like me to keep it together. Even pulling up those memories makes me sad.

It's sort of silly but I grew really curious as to why in the heck people would settle there. I mean, if you're a settler heading West, why would you stop in the high desert? There's sometimes snow in the winters and the summers make whatever summer heat we feel in LA proper feel like an air conditioned home. It was like the surface of the moon. I still don't have an answer as to why the (bleep) the original settlers decided to plant their roots there.

I once lived in the high desert for a minute... its not that bad at all if you on a grind and dont even have time to do anything throughout the week. For me I was on a huge grind with starting my career and helping out with young kids schooling. Plus I was able to buy a very nice first house that would have cost a fortune else where. Another big perk is you are already almost 1/2 of the way to Vegas which became one of our go-to weekend get-aways.
I didnt mind it so much that I actually preferred buying our second house in the high dessert as well but was veto'd by the wife.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:08 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

It's sort of silly but I grew really curious as to why in the heck people would settle there. I mean, if you're a settler heading West, why would you stop in the high desert? I still don't have an answer as to why the (bleep) the original settlers decided to plant their roots there.

Here is a bit of trivia to satiate your curiosity. During the expansion westward, the route of the railroad was responsible for a large portion of the middle of nowhere towns. Steam locomotives had a range of about 100 miles between refueling. So if you look at a map of the west, you'll notice a town of some size about every 100 miles or so. Such was the case with Victorville, named after the Railroad Superintendent of the railway station.

Some other middle of nowhere places were established by mere happenstance. Take Broken Wheel Arizona (now remained Apache Junction) and that's where the stagecoach broke it's wheel. Or Broken Leg Montana? Yep, that"s where the horse broke it's leg, stopping the journey and becoming the place of settlement.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

It's sort of silly but I grew really curious as to why in the heck people would settle there. I mean, if you're a settler heading West, why would you stop in the high desert? I still don't have an answer as to why the (bleep) the original settlers decided to plant their roots there.

Here is a bit of trivia to satiate your curiosity. During the expansion westward, the route of the railroad was responsible for a large portion of the middle of nowhere towns. Steam locomotives had a range of about 100 miles between refueling. So if you look at a map of the west, you'll notice a town of some size about every 100 miles or so. Such was the case with Victorville, named after the Railroad Superintendent of the railway station.

Some other middle of nowhere places were established by mere happenstance. Take Broken Wheel Arizona (now remained Apache Junction) and that's where the stagecoach broke it's wheel. Or Broken Leg Montana? Yep, that"s where the horse broke it's leg, stopping the journey and becoming the place of settlement.

A lot of the steam engines took on water or wood (if they weren’t coal fired, which was often true out west) every 12-15 miles, which is why a lot of old highways that run along rail tracks have a small town or the remnants of one at those distances of separation. Highway 2 in WA state, where you and I are, is an example.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I think it's all social media driven. Knuckleheads want to post they were one of the firsts to get it.

The only food franchise opening I thought was worth the hype was Krispy Kreme.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:19 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

That location normally always has a pretty long line. I worked and lived in Victorville for 2.5 years. I'm still trying to wipe those memories from my head.

One of my ex high school classmate actually lives and work there now.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

There's a secret to beating the drive through line.

Put on a mask, wash your hands then walk in, social distance and order to-go and don't pay with cash.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:36 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

There used to be an Air Force Base out there I'm pretty sure. Maybe that's what brought people out there.
Found it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Air_Force_Base

I guess it's "haunted".
GoldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully they come to Hawaii. Love how it's family owned. They keep their ingredients fresh and simple and prices are insanely fair. I love how it's fresh and never frozen and they use real potatoes. Real food. I don't eat red meat anymore but I still love their fries.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
C M B wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

A lot of the steam engines took on water or wood (if they weren’t coal fired, which was often true out west) every 12-15 miles, which is why a lot of old highways that run along rail tracks have a small town or the remnants of one at those distances of separation. Highway 2 in WA state, where you and I are, is an example.

Ah, that makes sense. I believe there are some old abandoned trains up there. I kind of want to go back and poke around now.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

still waiting for them to come to NYC
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject:

14 hour wait? Fights? Why? I love In and Out, but if I saw a huge line I’d just move on and get something else. It’s like the Popeye’s chicken sandwich craze, why? It’s just food, and it’s not like it’s going to go away anytime soon. Just wait until it’s easily available and get it then.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
14 hour wait? Fights? Why? I love In and Out, but if I saw a huge line I’d just move on and get something else. It’s like the Popeye’s chicken sandwich craze, why? It’s just food, and it’s not like it’s going to go away anytime soon. Just wait until it’s easily available and get it then.

I'll bet you anything most of those idiots were there to take pictures for "the gram" showing they were one of the first.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: