Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

sad to see him go, he really adds another dimension to our team. i bet people will keep bringing him up if things don't go well.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
sad to see him go, he really adds another dimension to our team. i bet people will keep bringing him up if things don't go well.

He's not that much of a difference maker. He's going to be 37. If things don't go well it won't be because of him not being on the team.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

A clever bit of cap circumvention to get Gasol his dollars and a nice gesture to trade him to Memphis to retire with them.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Gasol had no intention of reporting to the Lakers for the new season. Lakers did the right thing moving him and signing a replacement center.

Quote:
After the tumult of the Orlando bubble in 2020 and the COVID-19 restrictions of the 2020-2021 season, Gasol made a decision to remain with his family in Spain for the start of the 2021-2022 season, sources said.

ESPN
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
So who is going to space the floor at Center then? Surely Dwight and DeAndre can’t play all 48 minutes?

AD

AD is a 31% three point shooter that shot 26% from three last year. So no.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers have agreed to trade Marc Gasol, a 2024 second-round pick and cash to the Grizzlies for the draft rights to Wang Zhelin, sources tell ESPN. Deal saves Lakers $10M. Gasol and Grizzlies will work together on waiver and release to allow him to remain in Spain w/ family.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1436397532192591879

Thank you Marc.

Yes!!!!!! The mistake is out of here!!!!!! What a great day in Laker land!!!!!!

This comment is beyond asinine. Just loving my fellow Lakers “fans” lately….
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
A clever bit of cap circumvention to get Gasol his dollars and a nice gesture to trade him to Memphis to retire with them.

This makes a lot of sense.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

And best regards to both Gasol bros, Pau and Marc. Wish them both well.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Wishing the Gasol families nothing but the best.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:33 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

This makes a lot of sense.

Woulda made more sense to S&t for Marc on a 1yr 5m+ deal (has to be 3yrs in length with only 1st year fully guaranteed) with Toronto last year using McGee/Cook/2026 2nd rounder/cash. We were already hard capped last year so a S&t for Marc would have been the way to go instead of having Cook’s dead cap hit on our books along with the additional 2024 2nd we just sent out.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Sounds like Gasol had no intention of reporting to the Lakers for the new season. Lakers did the right thing moving him and signing a replacement center.

Quote:
After the tumult of the Orlando bubble in 2020 and the COVID-19 restrictions of the 2020-2021 season, Gasol made a decision to remain with his family in Spain for the start of the 2021-2022 season, sources said.

ESPN

Yeah, it was a clumsy end of season for sure. Anyway, I would have liked Marc when he was younger but he's still a good guy in my book. Hopefully, he remains back in Spain; he could still do some good on the court locally.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
So who is going to space the floor at Center then? Surely Dwight and DeAndre can’t play all 48 minutes?

AD

MJ I know your boy was Gasol but he’s long gone….so it’s AD and that’s it….not getting another stretch 5 bro….this is it…..and I love it!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Following the DeAndre Jordan acquisition, writing was on the wall for Marc. One characterization I heard last week was the Lakers were waiting for a sign that Gasol was invested and excited to play another season with them. They were linked to Jordan soon after.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1436398313092239362
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Following the DeAndre Jordan acquisition, writing was on the wall for Marc. One characterization I heard last week was the Lakers were waiting for a sign that Gasol was invested and excited to play another season with them. They were linked to Jordan soon after.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1436398313092239362

So it was Marc Gasol who didn’t want to return instead of the assumption that the Lakers didn’t want him back, this makes more sense now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

AD

MJ I know your boy was Gasol but he’s long gone….so it’s AD and that’s it….not getting another stretch 5 bro….this is it

I'm correcting your idea that AD was going to somehow be a center that would stretch the floor for us.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Thank you, Rob Pelinka, for correcting the mistakes of last season. We should have never let Dwight go in the first place, and Marc Gasol should have never been allowed on this team. We got Dwight back, and the fat, no jumping, can't move laterally hasbeen Gasol is gone for good.

Great off season, Rob!
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
MJST wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

AD

MJ I know your boy was Gasol but he’s long gone….so it’s AD and that’s it….not getting another stretch 5 bro….this is it

I'm correcting your idea that AD was going to somehow be a center that would stretch the floor for us.

He’s the only one that shoots 3’s…..he does take 3’s and is the only center on our squad that does.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

MJ I know your boy was Gasol but he’s long gone….so it’s AD and that’s it….not getting another stretch 5 bro….this is it…..and I love it!

So a) You know the team will not pick up a stretch 5 at some point this season how? Your buddy Pelinka disclosed all his long term plans to you and he's like totally averse to the concept of stretch 5?

b) You love the fact that the team has lost a very skilled player and replaced him with two guys that do not stretch the floor for our two rim attacking ball handlers and you love losing a high post playmaker? I mean this makes a lot of sense. Yes, let's celebrate the team getting worse.

You act like it was Gasol's fault the team didn't win a championship last season.

Yes, Dwight and DJ is more or less like Dwight and McGeee. Sure, that worked in the RS. But I fail to understand your antipathy towards some diversity at that position. Do you just hate Spaniards or something?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers have agreed to trade Marc Gasol, a 2024 second-round pick and cash to the Grizzlies for the draft rights to Wang Zhelin, sources tell ESPN. Deal saves Lakers $10M. Gasol and Grizzlies will work together on waiver and release to allow him to remain in Spain w/ family.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1436397532192591879

Thank you Marc.

My guess is the cash involved is $2.6 million, which will allow Memphis to fully buy out Marc.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
King Randle wrote:

So a) You know the team will not pick up a stretch 5 at some point this season how? Your buddy Pelinka disclosed all his long term plans to you and he's like totally averse to the concept of stretch 5?

b) You love the fact that the team has lost a very skilled player and replaced him with two guys that do not stretch the floor for our two rim attacking ball handlers and you love losing a high post playmaker? I mean this makes a lot of sense. Yes, let's celebrate the team getting worse.

You act like it was Gasol's fault the team didn't win a championship last season.

Yes, Dwight and DJ is more or less like Dwight and McGeee. Sure, that worked in the RS. But I fail to understand your antipathy towards some diversity at that position. Do you just hate Spaniards or something?

No…I’m from Argentina….on the contrary….he had a great career…..but he was done in the bubble….and IMO he was a slow footed stiff in the end. Sorry that’s how I felt. And IMO Vogel likes defensive minded, rim protecting centers. They might pick up a stretch in February….but for now there are no reports about a stretch 5….more a 3D wing like Ennis. Nothing is ever personal here. If you liked Gasol great….I honestly never thought he was a good fit and it appears the FO didn’t either.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Gasol has had a hell of a career.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Wishing the Gasol families nothing but the best.

Seeing both of them on Spain's bench during crunch time in Tokyo spoke volumes
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

I won't be one of those people.

He had a great career for a 2nd round pick, nothing to be ashamed of but his time has definitely passed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

He had a great career for a 2nd round pick, nothing to be ashamed of but his time has definitely passed.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Echo this opinion. Additional, I will never bring his name up because I think his time has passed. And I also believe this is going to be a great team!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 63 of 65
Jump to: