PG13 - a lesson in stupid
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He said no to Lebron, as did Kawhi and other players. Not everyone wants to join his team since they will be the scapegoat, not Lebron.

You're right, he joined the Clippers (your fav team) only to get scapegoat. Oh the irony
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
He said no to Lebron, as did Kawhi and other players. Not everyone wants to join his team since they will be the scapegoat, not Lebron.

trash post as always....

you can stop following Jeanie and her team....but here you are obsessed with a women who beat you up
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

You're right, he joined the Clippers (your fav team) only to get scapegoat. Oh the irony

And, if he were on the Lakers with Lebron and AD, they just as likely would have won the ring this year......so.......scapegoat for what exactly? TROLLOLOLOL RoD Simi Valley Clipper fan.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Lets team up and get beat by Lebron! LOL!

Lakers are 2020 NBA Champions. Those are chicken sh*t fears, and the way he played when up 3-1 was on par with not wanting this P&G pressure. Good riddance.

Last edited by Runway8 on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

There’s always a tweet (or post).
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

statements like this are like pickle flavored pop tarts...

they just don't make sense.

Can't be a scapegoat if you're hoisting a trophy...and if my cannabis infused memory serves me well, AD says, 'I'm Like That.'

Guess Cry Leonard and Wayoff P aren't like that spending more time about what happens when they lose rather than what happens when they win...

#BannersOverBillboards
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

There’s always a tweet (or post).

Jesusdelonla wrote:
stupid is what stupid does...
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Go Lakers!

Last edited by Annihilator on Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Maybe name examples of this happening rather than trolling in every thread?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Hilarious how an entire page quotes or references the penultimate post on the previous page.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

i hate to say this, but until we find that permanent 3rd option / LBJ's replacement, Lakers future even with AD in the fold looks more bleak than PG13's. he still makes his $$$ doesn't matter where he ends up. Lakers meanwhile still in search of that elusive 3rd option.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i hate to say this, but until we find that permanent 3rd option / LBJ's replacement, Lakers future even with AD in the fold looks more bleak than PG13's. he still makes his $$$ doesn't matter where he ends up. Lakers meanwhile still in search of that elusive 3rd option.

How is it bleak when we won a championship which was the goal?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

As of this moment, in Summer 2021, the Lakers have $46 million in contracts. Even if they give AD a max contract in the next couple of weeks, they will have salary cap space to go after a third star. The following year, LBJ's contract comes off the books. As long as the Lakers don't pull a Deng/Mozgov blunder (which accounts for $5 million of the above mentioned $46 million), the Lakers will have cap room to find stars to complement AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Maybe name examples of this happening rather than trolling in every thread?
did he say no to bron or yes to his own team
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

As of this moment, in Summer 2021, the Lakers have $46 million in contracts. Even if they give AD a max contract in the next couple of weeks, they will have salary cap space to go after a third star. The following year, LBJ's contract comes off the books. As long as the Lakers don't pull a Deng/Mozgov blunder (which accounts for $5 million of the above mentioned $46 million), the Lakers will have cap room to find stars to complement AD.

Yeah, I feel we're in fantastic shape personally. I don't expect much to happen in 2021 even though the possibility could be there but in 2022 the fa list is insane and we'll be one of, if not the biggest player that year with AD right in his prime looking for a new running mate or two and a ton of capspace.

Anything can happen obviously but as it stands I like our chances in 2022 especially.
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

Even with his recent failures and the benefit of hindsight, I would've loved to see an LBJ/AD/PG13 Big Three.

It was actually attainable too, because PG13 was a free agent and they wouldn't have had to give up resources to acquire him.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

I don't like to call anyone stupid; IMHO it's more like a dumb career choice. And perhaps lack of courage to be the first man to rescue a franchise (the difference between Wayoff George and the GOAT).

Signing with OKC in 2017 to play with Westbrook, when the storied Lakers franchise is his to have and the huge Lakers Nation beckoning. That's dumb. F***king Oklahoma over Los Angeles - sigh.

Now that I think about it. Yeah maybe he is stupid. And his advisor, his agent, etc.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Another bullet dodged by the Lakers? Sometimes, I wonder why we've been so fortunate. lol. Imagine being stuck with probably a top 20 player getting paid the max atm. If you're getting paid 30%+ of a team's salary cap, you'd better bring it especially comes playoff time.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Another bullet dodged by the Lakers? Sometimes, I wonder why we've been so fortunate. lol. Imagine being stuck with probably a top 20 player getting paid the max atm. If you're getting paid 30%+ of a team's salary cap, you'd better bring it especially comes playoff time.

I wouldn't say this is a bullet dodged. PG would have been perfect on this team. PG just too stupid to understand that.

PG would have gotten a lot of glory. Defensively he would have been a monster for the Lakers.

Offensively, he would have gotten wide open looks and not be asked to close out games like LeBron and AD.

PG's contract would perfectly lineup for a Laker team post LeBron. Oh well.

LBJ and AD got a ring and PG about to get shipped out.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
He wouldn’t have survived as a Laker. Like Kobe said, some players aren’t cut out for it.

Imagine what KCP went through happened to PG13.

Great point. Goes to show how mentally tough a guy like KCP is compared to PG.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
He wouldn’t have survived as a Laker. Like Kobe said, some players aren’t cut out for it.

Imagine what KCP went through happened to PG13.

IMO he thrives with Lebron and AD taking all the pressure away from him.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Could Schroeder be that 3rd option? He did average 19 points last season, off the bench.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

PG13 far better player than KCP.

Ok, so a SF is better than a SG...

PG also makes $35mil and KCP was at $8.4mil last year,

Not sure where this comparison is going
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Get over it. PG is getting paid. If he didn't want to play with Lebron on the Lakers, that's a personal choice. I doubt he cares whether fans agree with his decisions. His paychecks will keep rolling in.

Yes. Seriously, if a guy like that makes it clear he don't wanna play here, then you don't want him. He's not made for this. Small market wizard. And I wouldn't take his ass NOW if he did realize that he funked up.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

...and look where that got them....blowing a 3-1 lead and choking miserably in the 4th quarter of a game 7

Those peasants would’ve been better off had they submitted to the King’s will and let themselves be lead to the promise land....instead of failing just like their franchise continues to do.

Lebron and the Lakers >>>> everyone else...including you
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: