THE ELECTION DAY THREAD (****ONE DAY ONLY**** - Personal Attacks = Immediate Suspension)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: THE ELECTION DAY THREAD (****ONE DAY ONLY**** - Personal Attacks = Immediate Suspension)

This thread will be open for one day only - November 3, 2020 - and locked at the end of the day.

Thereafter, you can continue any discussion in the political thread in the off topic forum. WARNING - NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR YOU WILL BE IMMEDIATELY SUSPENDED. If the thread gets out of hand, we will take it down. Don't ruin it for everyone please.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject:

(Grabs popcorn)
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Already voted by mail
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

George Carville has the race over by 10:00pm. Winner Biden.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Since this is a sticky thread. I'm just going to treat it like a game thread and post pad my stats.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Well, I voted 3 weeks ago. I hope everyone did too, regardless of who you voted for. We're all better off being active participants in the electorate process and educating ourselves to make the right decisions with our votes.

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

[Gets the hard stuff ready]

I think I will start with a white russian after taking a half day, and get ready...
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:30 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Since this is a sticky thread. I'm just going to treat it like a game thread and post pad my stats.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject:

I'm going to be serous for once on LG. I feel like America should be outraged that these two candidates are what's being put forth. Most of us know politics are rigged to protect the interests of the rich and powerful but these two are like a slap in the face. One is clearly mentally declining and a career fraud. The other is a sociopath and one of the greatest con artists i have ever witnessed.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
One is clearly mentally declining and a career fraud. The other is a sociopath and one of the greatest con artists i have ever witnessed.

Biden is mentally declining? Which AM radio host/youtube charlatan told you that?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:36 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
I'm going to be serous for once on LG. I feel like America should be outraged that these two candidates are what's being put forth.

We hear this every four years. Literally. When I was younger, I took it more seriously. Then I realized that this is just the way that some people react to political campaigns. If you take anyone and subject them to a few months of attacks from the other side, they will wind up looking bad. Every four years, this convinces some people to skip voting or to vote for one of the third party candidates (who are usually cranks, but who haven't gotten shredded by attack ads and media scrutiny).

Anyway, I voted in person at 10:30 am on the first day of early voting. I've been done with this election for a long time now. Some of you have read about the lawsuit over drive-thru voting in Harris County. This was all driven by an activist Republican attorney named Jared Woodfill. Someone must be funding him, because he files a lot of activist lawsuits and loses 90% of them. Anyway, Woodfill waited until early voting was done, then started filing lawsuits claiming that about 127k drive-thru votes were invalid. The ironic part is that everyone I know who used the drive-thru option was a Republican. Some of these people were really freaking out yesterday, thinking that their votes might be invalidated. Some of them were trying to intervene in the lawsuit so they could stop Woodfill. Anyway, Woodfill lost, so my Republican friends have not been disenfranchised.

What a weird year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject:

Scrappy Scranton vs Money Manhattan

Get the frack outta here vs You masker fawker

Malarkey vs grab em by the kitty

Last edited by governator on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
George Carville has the race over by 10:00pm. Winner Biden.

================

KB - 8/24

2020 LAL

2020 LAD

================

Thank you, LG!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:34 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
Well, I voted 3 weeks ago. I hope everyone did too, regardless of who you voted for. We're all better off being active participants in the electorate process and educating ourselves to make the right decisions with our votes.

Yep. And I took no chances and dropped it off in an official box days ahead of time. Not taking any chances.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:37 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
defense wrote:
One is clearly mentally declining and a career fraud. The other is a sociopath and one of the greatest con artists i have ever witnessed.

Biden is mentally declining? Which AM radio host/youtube charlatan told you that?

Nor is he a "career fraud".

Sorry defense, but playing the "both sides are the same" game doesn't is a losing proposition.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

Yep. And I took no chances and dropped it off in an official box days ahead of time. Not taking any chances.

dropped mine off at ballot box last week, a little nervous a week before election day... but online status: received!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:43 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
defense wrote:
I'm going to be serous for once on LG. I feel like America should be outraged that these two candidates are what's being put forth.

We hear this every four years. Literally. When I was younger, I took it more seriously. Then I realized that this is just the way that some people react to political campaigns. If you take anyone and subject them to a few months of attacks from the other side, they will wind up looking bad. Every four years, this convinces some people to skip voting or to vote for one of the third party candidates (who are usually cranks, but who haven't gotten shredded by attack ads and media scrutiny).

Anyway, I voted in person at 10:30 am on the first day of early voting. I've been done with this election for a long time now. Some of you have read about the lawsuit over drive-thru voting in Harris County. This was all driven by an activist Republican attorney named Jared Woodfill. Someone must be funding him, because he files a lot of activist lawsuits and loses 90% of them. Anyway, Woodfill waited until early voting was done, then started filing lawsuits claiming that about 127k drive-thru votes were invalid. The ironic part is that everyone I know who used the drive-thru option was a Republican. Some of these people were really freaking out yesterday, thinking that their votes might be invalidated. Some of them were trying to intervene in the lawsuit so they could stop Woodfill. Anyway, Woodfill lost, so my Republican friends have not been disenfranchised.

What a weird year.

And then you have an administration like the current one that spends four years making themselves look bad by driving social division, engaging in blatant corruption and being wholly incompetent for the job of POTUS. And then he doubled down and intentionally mishandled the pandemic, resulting in the deaths of tens and tens of thousands more than it should.

This election is about far more than a few months of attack ads making someone "look bad".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

dropped mine off at ballot box last week, a little nervous a week before election day... but online status: received!

Got my notification last night!

GO KANYE!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
defense wrote:

What a weird year.

Well, even if they are all Republican ballots, I'm still glad they are being counted. We should all be encouraged to vote. Yes, there are many who go and vote without doing an ounce of research, but I think when the average person decides to vote they take at least a minimal interest, and often great interest, in educating themselves so to vote responsibly.

Getting people interested in voting is a great means to ensure an educated and reasonable population, while facilitating a stable and healthy democracy. I hope the enthusiasm keeps up beyond this election no matter who runs in the future.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

I Already voted weeks ago, but if any of you are still on the fence (not likely) think about this: There's only one reason cities across the country are bracing for violence on election day, something I never thought I would see living in the US. Do I need to spell out what that reason is? I'll give you a hint. One candidate has been sowing discord and throwing gas on the flames of division an hatred for over 4 years now. His whole game plan is to divide and conquer.

Regardless, if you haven't voted go vote. If you have, and have done so proudly and peacefully, good for you. I still have hope that we can pull ourselves out of lies and rhetoric and once again be looked upon around the world as a great nation.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Scrappy Scranton vs Money Manhattan

Get the frack outta here vs You masker fawker

Malarkey vs grab em by the kitty

Or, as a NYT opinion writer said ('70's TV reference):
Election 2020: Archie Bunker vs. Howard Cunningham.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

Hope common sense prevails
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I hope the enthusiasm keeps up beyond this election no matter who runs in the future.

Well . . . I appreciate the sentiment, but you probably haven't seen one of those Trump caravans on the freeway. It's like The Road Warrior meets National Lampoon's Vacation. I'd be okay with turning the enthusiasm down a notch.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I hope the enthusiasm keeps up beyond this election no matter who runs in the future.

Well . . . I appreciate the sentiment, but you probably haven't seen one of those Trump caravans on the freeway. It's like The Road Warrior meets National Lampoon's Vacation. I'd be okay with turning the enthusiasm down a notch.

They are the minority, regardless of how much media attention they get. Most people in this country are law abiding. I want them to keep the enthusiasm up.
Just make sure those who try to violate laws, harm others and/or intimidate voters are prosecuted as they should be and that will take care of itself.

Lets all support "healthy" enthusiasm then.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

I did early in-person voting and it took 12 minutes including standing in line. It should be that easy everywhere. I hope we pass a voting rights acts that makes it easy for every individual to vote. The more people who vote, the stronger our democracy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: