Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Hard for me to be upset with Price since the team won without him anyway. For all we know, maybe he would have kept the team from winning if he played.

But I still have faith in him for next season. No DH at Dodger Stadium should do a lot for his numbers compared to pitching with a DH at Fenway.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
My only regret is Ryu not being able to bask in the glory of the WS win. He was an integral part of the Dodgers' success for so many years and deserves recognition.

Sure, it would have been nice because I like Ryu too, but HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.

I see no reason why the Dodgers wouldn’t have offered him any contract after the year he had last year, so he just chose the financial security that TOR was willing to give him. It’s not a bad choice, but just something he has to accept when leaving a team that had been to the WS in 2 of the 3 seasons prior.

Maybe I missed something. Is there some information indicating that Ryu is struggling to cope with his decision to leave the Dodgers?

Nope. Not at all. He's got a nice stack of cash to cheer him up.

I like the guy. I was just stating that he could have been a part of this championship team if he chose to put winning above maximum earnings. No one can fault the guy for taking the money, but you also can't be sorry for him either when he missed out on a championship because he chose the money first.

So if there’s no new information, then I don’t get it. If I remember, he signed with Toronto last year? He made his decision last year?

You’re just reminding people not to feel sorry for him this year? Will you be back in 2021 to remind people again? I don’t get it.

The dude performed while he was here. He left graciously, didn’t say a word.

We win a championship. Your mission is to remind people that Ryu is the one who “has to live with his decision”?

If Ryu is not actively out there asking Dodger fans to feel sorry for him, why the need for the reminder?

Contracts and business aside though, is it ok to just remember Ryu the human being and former Dodger?

There's nothing to get. He was a Dodger, and he was good while here. He left on his own choice and it's too bad he didn't get a ring. No need to feel sorry for him.

Got it. You are quite clear.

You’ve driven home the point numerous times.

No one feel sorry for Ryu.
Don’t you dare, under any circumstances, feel sorry for Ryu
DON’T FEEL SORRY FOR RYU!!!!

Got it.

What I don’t get is why is this so important to you today, on Oct 29, 2020, two days after we won the WS... why is this so important to you that no one under any circumstances should feel sorry for Ryu?

Why did you feel that need to provide us with this public service announcement?

Will there be more to come for other players?

Don’t feel sorry for Yu Darvish?
Don’t feel sorry for (Fill in the blank)...

Maybe next year:
Don’t feel sorry for Joc.
Don’t feel sorry for Kike.

Or is this message solely for Ryu? I get the message. I don’t get why it’s important/necessary to you. Thanks for the public service announcement though?

The only player I wish was on this team because he bled Dodger blue through and through and was part of the Kershaw generation as well as being the hitter equivalent to our pitcher Kershaw was Matt Kemp. That homerun against Chris Sale in game 1 to score our first run hit me different than it would have if anyone else had done it. The trade to the Reds angered me because you knew Kemp bled Dodger blue so much and worked so hard to be productive for us to the point he made himself into an all star again. Puig I could care less and Wood I understood but Kemp was different

Maybe you’re not allowed to feel sorry for Kemp either? Let’s wait and see what Lamar says.

No need to be so overly sensitive and hostile just because I don’t share the same opinion you do. Why does it matter to you, two days after a World Series, that I don’t feel sorry for a guy that left a championship-contending team for 80 MILLION dollars?

The nature of professional sports is players come and go. Some you don’t want to see go. Ryu would fall into that group. Rather than be casted off, he left on his own free will. No hard feelings. Would I have liked for him to win with the Dodgers? Absolutely. But I dont feel any obligation to be “sorry” for him when it was his choice to leave, after all.

There is a huge difference for Kemp. He was traded by the Dodgers. TWICE. He didn’t leave the Dodgers because he was chasing a bigger paycheck. He was also a far better Dodger during in his time here, including being robbed by Braun for an MVP. He’s definitely a dude you can feel sorry that he wasn’t part of a championship team because he gave a lot to the team and fans, but was shipped out. Twice.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Let’s not forget that Price paid salaries for our minor leaguers when mlb wasn’t going to. He’s definitely part of this team and organization even if he hasn’t pitched an inning yet, imo.

Oh wow, really? Definitely give him one then. I also heard that when the team had its text chat after going down 3-1, Price was really involved from afar in motivating the team. While they say you can’t quantify intangibles, I think you can at least assign it the worth of one World Series ring.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
No need to be so overly sensitive and hostile just because I don’t share the same opinion you do. Why does it matter to you, two days after a World Series, that I don’t feel sorry for a guy that left a championship-contending team for 80 MILLION dollars?

The nature of professional sports is players come and go. Some you don’t want to see go. Ryu would fall into that group. Rather than be casted off, he left on his own free will. No hard feelings. Would I have liked for him to win with the Dodgers? Absolutely. But I dont feel any obligation to be “sorry” for him when it was his choice to leave, after all.

There is a huge difference for Kemp. He was traded by the Dodgers. TWICE. He didn’t leave the Dodgers because he was chasing a bigger paycheck. He was also a far better Dodger during in his time here, including being robbed by Braun for an MVP. He’s definitely a dude you can feel sorry that he wasn’t part of a championship team because he gave a lot to the team and fans, but was shipped out. Twice.

It started with someone saying they wish Ryu was here. Here are all your responses to that:

Quote:
HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.

Quote:
He's got a nice stack of cash to cheer him up.

Quote:
you also can't be sorry for him

Quote:
No need to feel sorry for him.

Quote:
I don’t feel sorry for a guy that left a championship-contending team for 80 MILLION dollars?

Quote:
But I dont feel any obligation to be “sorry” for him when it was his choice to leave, after all.

Again, it was one person saying he missed Ryu and you gave us all that.

No one is forcing you to feel sorry for Ryu. No one is asking you to feel sorry for Ryu. No one asked you if you feel sorry for Ryu.

Ryu didn’t come out and asked anyone to feel sorry for him.

We get it. You don’t want to feel sorry for Ryu. My question is, who are you talking to exactly? Who are you telling this to? When you say you don’t feel obligated to feel sorry for Ryu, who exactly is putting this obligation on you?

What exactly makes you think it’s so important that you need to repeat yourself 5-6x that you don’t feel sorry for Ryu? We get it. Everyone gets it. It’s clear. Why is this message so important to you that you feel you need to repeat it over and over for everyone?

I’ll say it again, no one is asking you or anyone to feel sorry for Ryu. No one. Not me, not any other poster. Who exactly are you responding to?

One poster expressed his opinion that he misses Ryu. That’s it. Your response to that poster was to go on a rant about Ryu having to live with his decision and $80M dollars and yada yada yada....

It’s just weird to me how one comment triggered this rant out of you.

But yeah, who exactly are you speaking to? Are you telling the poster that misses Ryu? Are you telling everyone to not feel sorry for Ryu? Who are you talking to exactly?
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It’s just weird to me how one comment triggered this rant out of you.

You’re sorely mistaken. I stated an opinion. Just like how the other poster shared theirs. You disagreed with it and were the one who went on the huge rant and started coming at me. We get it. You disagree with my opinion. That doesn’t make my opinion any less valid.

If anything, this quote here is more applicable to you because look at the time you’ve spent responding to me and going so far as to multi-quoting me. You’re definitely triggered over my “one comment” in the original response.

The Dodgers just won the World Series and I’m elated. I’m not going to dwell on any coulda/woulda/shoulda because I’m just enjoying this moment right now.

You can have the final word because you’re clearly more invested in this comment than I am.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:40 am    Post subject:

Yep, lets just enjoy this moment. Awesome run by the Dodgers, being down 3-1 to a dangerous Braves team in the NLCS, a heartbreaker in game 4 of the World Series, then through grit and resolve exorcise their demons, especially Kershaw and won it all!

I was so elated I went on MLB's website and ordered over $100 of merchandise, from championship t-shirts to bobbleheads. I'm enjoying this moment as I'm sure many other fans are.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:

You’re sorely mistaken. I stated an opinion. Just like how the other poster shared theirs.

Yup. And I told you, I thought your’s was quite an odd response because:
1) Ryu made the decision to leave a year ago, not recently. Not yesterday.
2) Ryu never said a bad word about the organization when he left nor has any new information come out that he’s regretting his decision.
3) The poster you responded to said he regretted not seeing Ryu in this WS. That was his regret. Nothing about feeling sorry for Ryu.

4) Your responses have been directed at Ryu: “ HE chose the $ so HE has to live with that decision.“ “I don’t feel obligated to feel sorry for Ryu”

And that’s odd to me since you probably had the same opinion when he left.. That’s not really a new opinion. It’s just a recycled opinion that you’re bringing up again for some reason. Him leaving for the money and now he has to live with it...

And would that be an annual opinion? Or everytime someone says they miss Ryu, you’ll come back with this same recycled opinion directed at Ryu? It’s just odd to me.

Lamar's Bud wrote:
I’m not going to dwell on any coulda/woulda/shoulda...

And again.

Did anyone ask you to?

You continually state over and over what you’re not going to do.

That’s great. Got it. Who exactly are you telling this to over and over again?

Who’s forcing you to do this thing that you don’t want to do? Who are you responding to? Who’s this mystery poster that is forcing you to “dwell on any coulda/woulda/shoulda”?

It’s so odd to me.

Anything else you want to tell the community while you’re at it?

1) “I won’t dwell on Darvish, no I won’t”
2) “I won’t dwell on Maeda, no I won’t”

3) I will however, dwell on Kemp, yes I will”
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

The Dodgers are the (bleep) World Series champs! It's so much sweeter because the Lakers won too.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
The Dodgers are the (bleep) World Series champs! It's so much sweeter because the Lakers won too.

For sure.

In such a crap year, we found a couple of diamonds.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Let’s not forget that Price paid salaries for our minor leaguers when mlb wasn’t going to. He’s definitely part of this team and organization even if he hasn’t pitched an inning yet, imo.

Oh wow, really? Definitely give him one then. I also heard that when the team had its text chat after going down 3-1, Price was really involved from afar in motivating the team. While they say you can’t quantify intangibles, I think you can at least assign it the worth of one World Series ring.

Definitely agree. And that’s cool that he was part of the group chat, I didn’t know about that until you mentioned it.
I’ll always remember that Atlanta series as being maybe the most important of this century for the Dodgers. Not only did it bring out the most fight we’ve ever seen from this group but it was also a reminder that even though it felt like all the breaks were always going against us, eventually some were gonna go our way and we weren’t going to waste those chances. It felt like the 2000 Lakers coming back late in game 7 vs Portland. Potential realized.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Baseball off-season dates:

https://twitter.com/SophiaMinnaert/status/1322262465628037139?s=19
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Definitely agree. And that’s cool that he was part of the group chat, I didn’t know about that until you mentioned it.
I’ll always remember that Atlanta series as being maybe the most important of this century for the Dodgers. Not only did it bring out the most fight we’ve ever seen from this group but it was also a reminder that even though it felt like all the breaks were always going against us, eventually some were gonna go our way and we weren’t going to waste those chances. It felt like the 2000 Lakers coming back late in game 7 vs Portland. Potential realized.

Well said. I re-watched the condensed games of each game last night. Man, everyone contributed. Seemed like all of Bellinger's hits resulted in an rbi in a big moment (often with 2 strikes and 2 outs), or ended in him scoring a run.
Even Pollock had a couple big hits that got lost in all the drama. It really felt like every bad break we've gotten for 32 years was excised with the baseball gods returning the favor 10 fold
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

The extra treat was watching Manfred booed mercilessly. Screw that guy. He is a coward. Baseball fans won't ever forget the astros cheated to get ahead and got a slap on the wrist and a world championship trophy.

Whenever I hear people talk about Kershaw's postseason record I have to remember that his world series era should have an * because his worst world series start was IN houston in a season where we knew they were cheating.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

I don't see any reason why Price should not be offered/given a ring. He might not have been on the active roster, but he was still a member of the team no matter how you slice it. I wouldn't see it any differently than if he was on the DL for the season.

IF there were any awkwardness in the exchange, it would likely be more on Price's part because he might feel guilty that he didn't earn it for not suiting up. Since he was still active with the team despite not being there, that probably won't be the case.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
The extra treat was watching Manfred booed mercilessly. Screw that guy. He is a coward. Baseball fans won't ever forget the astros cheated to get ahead and got a slap on the wrist and a world championship trophy.

Whenever I hear people talk about Kershaw's postseason record I have to remember that his world series era should have an * because his worst world series start was IN houston in a season where we knew they were cheating.

Has there ever been a professional sports commissioner in any league that the fans actually liked? I think the only degrees of "likability" any of these guys have ever had are "hated" and "really hated".

Between Silver, Manfred, and Goodell (idk about NHL commissioner since I don't follow it), Silver probably comes out on top of "approval rating" because he's a bit more progressive and takes feedback better from his players and fans. Goodell and Manfred are a bit more tone deaf when it comes to giving suspensions and trying to adapt their sports to the current generation and trends.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Has there ever been a professional sports commissioner in any league that the fans actually liked? I think the only degrees of "likability" any of these guys have ever had are "hated" and "really hated".

Between Silver, Manfred, and Goodell (idk about NHL commissioner since I don't follow it), Silver probably comes out on top of "approval rating" because he's a bit more progressive and takes feedback better from his players and fans. Goodell and Manfred are a bit more tone deaf when it comes to giving suspensions and trying to adapt their sports to the current generation and trends.

Gary Bettman, the NHL commish, is for sure hated by fans. He's still blamed heavily for the lockout, which hockey has never recovered from in the United States. When he comes out onto the ice for the Stanley Cup presentation, he always gets booed mercilessly, though he was spared that fate this season with no fans in the stands, of course.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Well said. I re-watched the condensed games of each game last night. Man, everyone contributed. Seemed like all of Bellinger's hits resulted in an rbi in a big moment (often with 2 strikes and 2 outs), or ended in him scoring a run.
Even Pollock had a couple big hits that got lost in all the drama. It really felt like every bad break we've gotten for 32 years was excised with the baseball gods returning the favor 10 fold

It’s one of my favorite things about this Dodger team. Not as many hitters disappearing in the playoffs which drives me nuts. A lot of players can’t hit the better pitching in the big moments in the postseason. Unfortunately Bellinger looks like one of those players but he did contribute at the plate before the World Series. I liked having him 6th in the lineup instead of 3rd or 4th.

Some of the earlier Dodger teams in the decade had almost no hitting in the postseason. It was a frustrating thing about the teams with Manny Ramirez too. If teams pitched around Manny, the rest of the lineup didn’t hurt them that much. The 95 and 96 Dodgers also suffered from this problem. The 96 Dodgers could have gone up 2-0 on the defending champion Atlanta Braves if they could hit just a little bit.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:31 am    Post subject:

List of teams that haven’t won in 30 years:

Quote:
There are 11 different teams that have gone 30 or more years without winning a World Series title -- and that includes some teams that have never won one.

LINK

Some other teams could make it 30 years if they don’t win it soon. Atlanta hasn’t won in 25 years, Toronto in 27 years, and Minnesota in 29 years.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

It’s one of my favorite things about this Dodger team. Not as many hitters disappearing in the playoffs which drives me nuts. A lot of players can’t hit the better pitching in the big moments in the postseason. Unfortunately Bellinger looks like one of those players but he did contribute at the plate before the World Series. I liked having him 6th in the lineup instead of 3rd or 4th.

Some of the earlier Dodger teams in the decade had almost no hitting in the postseason. It was a frustrating thing about the teams with Manny Ramirez too. If teams pitched around Manny, the rest of the lineup didn’t hurt them that much. The 95 and 96 Dodgers also suffered from this problem. The 96 Dodgers could have gone up 2-0 on the defending champion Atlanta Braves if they could hit just a little bit.

To be fair, that 1996 Braves team was a lot better than us and we shut their lineup down pretty handily as well with Ramon and Ismael. I dont know what the hell Hideo's problem was in the playoffs. Its like hitters would just wait on his fastball and smash it whenever it came.
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

Just got done watching this fantastic HBO documentary about the Brooklyn Dodgers, their history there, what they meant for the borough, and their subsequent move to LA.

It's fascinating that some things never change from watching that documentary. The Brooklyn Dodgers broke their fans hearts for years before breaking through, just like this current Dodgers squad. The Brooklyn Dodgers were also cheated by a sign stealing scandal from winning the 1951 pennant from their arch rivals the Giants. Yep, same old Dodgers!

1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/11/mlb-free-agent-predictions-2021.html

Trevor Bauer to Dodgers and resign Justin Turner.

Bauer gives off Curt Schilling vibes....which is EXACTLY what we want. A conservative "i don't give a f***" attitude that is abrasive, masculine and in your face but shows his true character in playoff moments when he doesnt crumble but shows his true bulldog side. We have too many nice guys. Having a guy like this might be perfect for the Dodgers as long as he isnt a disruption in the clubhouse. Plus he is local too.
NMLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

Huh? Conservative and masculine? Does that make one a bulldog?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

NMLaker wrote:
Huh? Conservative and masculine? Does that make one a bulldog?

Bauer has that similar vibe of nasty and confidence that Schilling had. Completely different level than a guy like Randy Johnson for example who had more talent and the look but nowhere the level of real confidence and will that Schilling had. Hence Schilling is better than Johnson in the playoffs.

David Wells is another nasty "i know I am tougher and better than you" conservative who also excelled in the playoffs.

I dont know if Bumgarner is conservative or not but that guy also strikes me as similar to Wells and Schilling.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:47 pm    Post subject:

A reinvigorated Kershaw, Buehler, and Bauer top 3 would be insane.

I have a feeling that Kershaw is gonna be even better in 2021. The monkey off his back plus another trip to driveline are gonna do wonders.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
A reinvigorated Kershaw, Buehler, and Bauer top 3 would be insane.

I have a feeling that Kershaw is gonna be even better in 2021. The monkey off his back plus another trip to driveline are gonna do wonders.

Now add Price as the number 4 in a playoff rotation. In the regular season, we can add Urias to round out the top 5 and then use Urias in the Maeda role that is so critical to playoff baseball as swingman that can eat up critical innings and close in high leverage innings/situations. We sign Bauer (who if we show any level of real interest and dollars, he is ours as he already blatantly expressed his interest in coming home) and resign JT.......whooo boy good luck to the other teams. I really want the back to back to show we are better than the powerhouses that won before us: Astros, Cubs and Red Sox. We have a real chance to be the late 90s Yankees: we have to take it and go all in
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 4 of 395
Jump to: