CP3 to Lakers? (Nope -Traded to the Suns)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67, 68, 69  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
That way I read this based on emplay’s scenario it’s basically:

CP3, Melo, Harkless, Tristan

Vs

Bradley, McGee, Kuzma, Green and 28th

You could say that.

Addition by subtraction.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

This rumor is a bunch of junk. All speculation. If you want to get a better read on things then listen to the Woj podcast with Pelinka.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

PG = CP3 / Rondo
SG = KCP / Caruso / THT
SF = LeBron / Harkless / Dudley
PF = AD / Carmelo
C = Dwight / Tristan / Cousins

Not really a fan of Harkless, there must be a better shooter out there for cheap, but still that’s a pretty good 13-man roster with 3 All-Stars!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This rumor is a bunch of junk. All speculation. If you want to get a better read on things then listen to the Woj podcast with Pelinka.

Pelinka's interview with Woj doesn't mean anything, he's not going to talk about free agents because he can't since free agency hasn't even started. Even if he did, why tell Woj what their plan and strategy is for all other teams to hear?

Read Pincus' original sourced story and then listen to his podcast, on the interview it sounds like this is something the Lakers have looked or are looking at, not just rumors.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:

Pelinka's interview with Woj doesn't mean anything, he's not going to talk about free agents because he can't since free agency hasn't even started. Even if he did, why tell Woj what their plan and strategy is for all other teams to hear?

Read Pincus' original sourced story and then listen to his podcast, on the interview it sounds like this is something the Lakers have looked or are looking at, not just rumors.

This sounds like speculation. Somebody trying to connect the dots.

Quote:
According to a league executive on the possibility of the Lakers pursuing a Chris Paul trade:

"Chris Paul would love to come back to L.A. I know it would be a dream come true for Chris...I know LeBron loves and trusts him, and he would be a good fit."

vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
32 wrote:

I agree much ado about nothing.

Now if anybody has a pod on the audio from this meeting, then we’re on to something...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/10/23/lebron-james-anthony-davis-rich-paul-lakers-klutch-sports-group/
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Folks...Season is going to start on Christmas...Lakers lost the most revenue of any team and that's not counting the revenue lost from the POs...no way are we gutting a championship squad to go thigh deep into luxury tax hell for a 36 year old PG.

Let it go.

The more I think about this, the least likely our team will take that chance. No matter how good CP3 is, at the end of the day, playoff Rondo still got it done. And playoff is all what matter right for our team . And the only way to get this deal done is sign and trade KCP, Green , Kuz, Bradley, McGee and first round pick and maybe OKC will ask for Caruso or THT instead of throw in Cook. Then we will lose every chance to resign Rondo, Kief and Dwight and and also have only tax payer MLE available . Then along with luxury tax and losing revenue, it’s gonna make it hard to convince Jennie gutting a proven championship squad to bring an playoff injury riddled CP3. In theory, CP3 is a game changer but he’s on the wrong side of 30 and has questionable health ever since.

With the short training camp etc, chemistry becomes critical and so is depth.

The better move is keep our proven championship squad . Create cap space by letting go of Danny Green and our first pick this year to a team with cap space like Atlanta and get at least a future 2nd rounder

And give more minutes to Kuz ,Caruso and THT.

And resign KCP, Rondo, Dwight and Kief for 2 years.

Sign Harkless to MLE

Then bargain shooter like Crabbe, Korver.

If Gallo got the MLE

Then bargain wing defender as Craig, Nwaba, Gabriel, RHJ

Then bargain 3rd PG stringer like Reggie Jackson

Starters

Bradley
Kuz
Lebron
AD
McGee - Short leash

Bench

KCP - Early sub
Rondo - 10-15 minutes
Caruso - More minutes
Harkless or Gallo - minutes depends on matchup
Kief- Depends on matchup
Dwight - minutes depends on matchup

THT - more minutes with Rondo annual injury
Situational wing defender - Gabriel
Situational shooter - Crabbe
Boogie - project or waive
Reggie Jackson - 3rd string PG

Dudley - Special consultant/bench
One more GLeaguer on 2 way contract.

That’s more of a balance lineup.

Last edited by CRoost on Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

I don't care if they trade for Chris Paul but I don't think it's in their plans. I think they are going to put their efforts into pairing AD with a young star or potential young star for the future.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Clark Kent wrote:
That way I read this based on emplay’s scenario it’s basically:

CP3, Melo, Harkless, Tristan

Vs

Bradley, McGee, Kuzma, Green and 28th

You could say that.

Addition by subtraction.

ZERO SCENARIO where we get CP3 the also get Tristan, Harkless and Melo. Maybe Melo but Harkless and TT are going to get decent deals. They are not running over to here to sign for nothing.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I don't care if they trade for Chris Paul but I don't think it's in their plans. I think they are going to put their efforts into pairing AD with a young star or potential young star for the future.

I’m not sure that the mechanism exists to do that within the next couple of years. Lebron’s next contract will be based on his current contract, not the salary cap. If AD does a 2 for 1 and signs long term in 2022, will there be cap space for a young star?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
VLF agrees with this trade...let that sink in for those of you who are supporting it.

I'm fine with CP3 getting bought out...trading for him would be the dumbest move in Laker History.

I agreed with the AD trade, let that sink in. Stars win in the NBA, not players like Kuzma and Bradley. They can be replaced.

There has been a lot of VLF bashing lately, he is one of the Originals here and sometimes he likes to start a fight but it's not LG without him.

CervantesRises there is over 35 pages on this topic and you are on every page. We all know what you think.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

A young star is years away. You either have to draft one or trade for one. They rarely simply reach free agency. And even then you need max cap space, which we will not have as long as Lebron is here. Pelinka’s comments are likely lip service to AD or smoke to lower our perceived interest in CP3.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
VLF agrees with this trade...let that sink in for those of you who are supporting it.

I'm fine with CP3 getting bought out...trading for him would be the dumbest move in Laker History.

I agreed with the AD trade, let that sink in. Stars win in the NBA, not players like Kuzma and Bradley. They can be replaced.

There has been a lot of VLF bashing lately, he is one of the Originals here and sometimes he likes to start a fight but it's not LG without him.

CervantesRises there is over 35 pages on this topic and you are on every page. We all know what you think.

As a fellow graybeard/OG, i agree. Leave VLF be.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Don't know how this gets done. That is a lot of salary to move around.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

VLF a true legend. Was anyone else here there to see Mikan play?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I think that Dr. Laker has some years on me, he remembers the pre-Kareem years. And there are still some here who were when LG was a Rivals board.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that Dr. Laker has some years on me, he remembers the pre-Kareem years. And there are still some here who were when LG was a Rivals board.

Well, I still respect the fact that you relocated your family from Minneapolis to LA. That's dedication.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

I can talk on as many pages as I like. You can ignore me as much as you like. See how that works?

Length of time here doesnt give someone the right to bash bash bash be wrong wrong wrong and get ghost before declining to sign their receipts.

I've been here since '08...I'll keep my own counsel on what I say, who I say it to, and how frequently I say it.

Ya dig?

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

He's a legend all right and this place wouldn't be the same without him.

Just wish he'd sign his receipts...any of them.

#BannersOverBillboards
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

I can talk on as many pages as I like. You can ignore me as much as you like. See how that works?

Length of time here doesnt give someone the right to bash bash bash be wrong wrong wrong and get ghost before declining to sign their receipts.

I've been here since '08...I'll keep my own counsel on what I say, who I say it to, and how frequently I say it.

Ya dig?

Could you go over again why you aren’t for CP3 trade?

I’m still a little unclear on some of the finer details.

Thanks.

😉
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

Ya dig?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. It's one thing to state your opinion. It's another to say it ad nauseam.

The chances of him ending her are slim anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't know I'll leave it at that.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

And?

Ya dig?

You keep saying the same thing over and over. It's one thing to state your opinion. It's another to say it ad nauseam.

The chances of him ending her are slim anyway so I guess it doesn't matter. I don't know I'll leave it at that.

It is truth. Any of the 1000's of members on this forum say something opposing on any of the previous 34 pages and there's a hand full of posts by him saying the same exact things in slightly different ways a couple hundred times. Pretty sure not a single member on this forum does not know his exact stance and feelings on this trade at this point.

It's extremely unlikely to happen regardless anyways and if you have new reasoning then jump right back in but no reason to beat a dead horse into a bloody pulp and then go back and beat every single organ of that dead horse repeatedly as well.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Guess it’s not America without Donald Trump too right?

LG doesn’t need racist/sexist trolls like him. Scratch that, the WORLD definitely needs less of that kind of toxicity.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:51 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Most likely outcome. All signs point to going with the 2021 FA as Plan A and 2022 as plan B.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67, 68, 69  Next
Page 35 of 69
Jump to: