+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (10/11/20) NBA Finals, Gm 6 / Gm#92 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

I'ma be real with you chief, I don't know if I have the patience to watch this game in its entirety. I was so tense during last night's game and the ending got me so mad I went to sleep mad, and still woke up mad. Still hoping for the best.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

Defense requires a ton of energy and it looked like the team wanted to try to coast through the first half without the requisite effort needed to defend. The start of the second quarter was egregious, breakdowns galore. The biggest adjustment is effort based. The first six minutes of the second quarter the team was completely outplayed and if not for big 3s from lebron the team would have been down 20points.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Must win. They lose this one, 99.9% Heat win in 7.

The Heat pride themselves on conditioning and being able to play so they are going to get stronger and more confident.

Our team is older...it goes 7, we may not have enough in the tank.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:
I'ma be real with you chief, I don't know if I have the patience to watch this game in its entirety. I was so tense during last night's game and the ending got me so mad I went to sleep mad, and still woke up mad. Still hoping for the best.

Yeah it shouldn't be so aggravating, it's entertainment/sport not life or death but damn that last game....ugh, man couldn't stop thinking about it and am still pissed off about it.

This game will be hard to watch, let's hope we get off to a good start to relieve some of the pressure.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject:

First quarter is huge tommorow. You have to make Miami start doubting cannot give them any belief.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
First quarter is huge tommorow. You have to make Miami start doubting cannot give them any belief.

Stop playing from behind & Defend Butler from the get go
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:

That cat is out of the bag...they believe! We need to at least make they chase us through the game and we manage the pace. Lately we’ve been playing the Heat’s game.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:33 pm    Post subject:

The way to control the pace is to play defense. Consistent stops without fouling is the way we control the tempo and the game. Build up a margin and play off that until you can provide the finishing kick.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Play hard and play smart.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

If you rewatch the last few minutes. Markieff was providing almost no resistance off the screens to block driving angles. He also didn’t contest any shots in 1v1. When he guarded Bam he is just ball watching and concedes a wide open layup. As much to do with the loss as anything. The coaches can fix those mistakes.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject:

AD listed as probable tomorrow
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Goran Dragic is listed as doubtful, once again, for Game 6 of the Finals, according to this evening’s injury report.

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

I went for a run/walk during game 4, and we won. I'll do the same tomorrow night. Last night was too brutal on my cortisol levels
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
When lebron went for his first rest, Miami went microball and Vogel kept howard in when he didn't need to. That was a mistake in retrospect. Next biggest mistake is if you rest Davis, you cannot have Markieff at the Center. It will not work, need to put howard back in, or go with McGee. If vogel can fix these two issues, our defense is good enough to finish them off.
he needs to stop acting like this is a regular season game and stop with the same rotation as in regular season game
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Hope Marc Davis is not part of the ref crew tomorrow.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:
If you rewatch the last few minutes. Markieff was providing almost no resistance off the screens to block driving angles. He also didn’t contest any shots in 1v1. When he guarded Bam he is just ball watching and concedes a wide open layup. As much to do with the loss as anything. The coaches can fix those mistakes.

I've been saying it the entire series. Our defense looks shot almost anytime he's out there and people are driving to the basket. Especially him at center is rough asf if he's not drilling threes at a high rate to off set it.
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:

+9000. decided to watch every single play of the game from 3AM to 6AM here in Europe. in the last minutes towards the end there was two times where if we scored and finally went up i thought it was over. then the biggest romance happened between Butler Free throws plus the nightmare that was the whole last play and suddenly it was over. i wanted to do bad things but my anger management prevailed so i immediately went to sleep, i was absolutely pissed.

i'll say this. if they don't come out swinging and playing hard which includes sacrifising your body going to the basket and drawing fouls/free throws, then we have serious issues.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

It’s not about Butet’s free throws? It was about how easily he got to the line. You can honest to God call the same of those fouls on the other end when Lakers were on offense.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Sunday Whites.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
It’s not about Butet’s free throws? It was about how easily he got to the line. You can honest to God call the same of those fouls on the other end when Lakers were on offense.

JB is a lot like Harden and creates contact to get calls. It rare you see him drive to the rim and not get a foul if he misses the shot because he knows what to do to get a whistle regardless of how well the defender played it.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Butler is getting hot at the start of every game by putting Dwight in P&r

We need to fix this

come and get it instead of waiting for Miami to just give it to us
Petty Valiant
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:37 pm    Post subject:

LeBron can’t wait to get his teammates involved tomorrow. It’s on him and AD to force the issue and jump out to an early lead. The role players will follow suit. If Morris scores one basket, it will be an improvement over Game 5. Vogel has to have a very short leash on Kuzma. His basketball IQ is severely lacking and I am concerned every time he has the ball and tries to do something with it.

Green, give me one good game for all that’s holy and make it tomorrow.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:

Not only did I not watch game 4, I didn't even learn the outcome until the next morning. I think I will wait until Wednesday morning to learn what happens. By that time, someone will definitely be champ. It's not that I'm chicken. It's just not good for my heart.

During the ShaqKobe titles my dad did not watch because he couldn't take it. I was still in my 20s and didn't get what he was talking about. Now I am him. Lol.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Phil Handy knows what’s up:

https://twitter.com/94feetofgame/status/1315081816269701126?s=20
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject:

vcdplaya3002 wrote:

For the last maybe 1 1/2 minute of the game this nagging voice kept coming back to me"get Markieff out now please". It was way before that turnover. We needed a higher bballiq player, and who can also still hold his own defensively, at that critical stage.

Not sure if he was in but a Caruso is what I have in mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 2 of 81
Jump to: