Should the Clippers blow it up?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject: Should the Clippers blow it up?

When you think about it, the Clippers' roster is flawed. Maybe (big maybe) Kawhi has what it takes to win a title as The Man, but Paul George doesn't have that kind of stuff, at least as the 2nd best player.

The Clippers don't have a floor general, which is something a team like Denver can exploit in a playoff series.

For all the BS talk from Windhorst and Jackie MacMullen that the Clippers would be the greatest defensive team ever, they were really inconsistent on that end. One night they would give up only 105 points, then the next night they would give up 119, 120 or more.

They also don't have an offensive identity. They don't have the personnel to be a fast-break team, but they also didn't seem to commit to being a grind-it-out team that wins by slowing down the pace.

Good is the enemy of great, and the Clippers team won't win a title as is in all likelihood. Even if they run it back, they may be better off letting PG and Kawhi walk in 2021 and starting over.

But would it be better for them to trade PG and get some young building blocks and/or draft picks this offseason?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, I don't spend much time thinking about what the Clippers should do..

The only think I hope they do is...........LOSE!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Sorry, I don't spend much time thinking about what the Clippers should do..

The only think I hope they do is...........LOSE!

I don't spend much time thinking about the Clippers either, but don't you want them to lose even more?

Interestingly, not only do we want them to lose, but if they want to ever have a great team, they'll have to probably give up on the team they have now and endure (many) more years of losing.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:24 am    Post subject:

Who cares actually, it's the Flippers.

Oh, and the already blew up....
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:27 am    Post subject:

PG is now their problem!
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Isn’t this roster still better than what they had in the CP3 years? They gave those teams several shots at it and I always thought those rosters were overrated.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Truth:

Historical odds of Lakers making the finals in a season: 43.2%

Historical odds of Clippers winning an NBA game: 41%

No I'm not making this up.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Truth:

Historical odds of Lakers making the finals in a season: 43.2%

Historical odds of Clippers winning an NBA game: 41%

No I'm not making this up.

Lol wow.
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Should the Clippers blow it up?

slavavov wrote:
When you think about it, the Clippers' roster is flawed. Maybe (big maybe) Kawhi has what it takes to win a title as The Man, but Paul George doesn't have that kind of stuff, at least as the 2nd best player.

The Clippers don't have a floor general, which is something a team like Denver can exploit in a playoff series.

For all the BS talk from Windhorst and Jackie MacMullen that the Clippers would be the greatest defensive team ever, they were really inconsistent on that end. One night they would give up only 105 points, then the next night they would give up 119, 120 or more.

They also don't have an offensive identity. They don't have the personnel to be a fast-break team, but they also didn't seem to commit to being a grind-it-out team that wins by slowing down the pace.

Good is the enemy of great, and the Clippers team won't win a title as is in all likelihood. Even if they run it back, they may be better off letting PG and Kawhi walk in 2021 and starting over.

But would it be better for them to trade PG and get some young building blocks and/or draft picks this offseason?

They'll just go further in. I think they fired Doc Rivers to clear the way for CP3. Salaries are close enough if they trade away Beverly, Shamet, Zubac, Lou, and McGruder.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Should the Clippers blow it up?

l4kerz wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They'll just go further in. I think they fired Doc Rivers to clear the way for CP3. Salaries are close enough if they trade away Beverly, Shamet, Zubac, Lou, and McGruder.

So they'd give up several quality role players, including the former 6th man of the year for an aging CP3?

With Montrezl Harell probably leaving, they'd be left with a nice trio but no depth and no scoring punch off the bench.

Plus, moving forward they'd be stuck with CP3's monster contract as he ages and declines, along with a lack of draft picks and maybe Kawhi and/or PG leaving in free agency next offseason.

I doubt they'd improve if they did that CP3 trade, and if anything they get a little weaker.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Should the Clippers blow it up?

l4kerz wrote:
slavavov wrote:

They got rid of Doc b/c he's not this hall of fame coach that the media wants him to be. He clearly lost the locker room and that was the right move to make (even though I was hoping they wouldn't realize it). a 5 for 1 trade is not happening. They'd have to get several teams involved. I think clippers will make moves but I dont see CP3 ending up back with them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: