***Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (10/9/20), Game 5 NBA Finals/Game#91***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Hey just wanted to remind everyone Danny Green is GARBAGE and he is on the books again for next season for $15m. Oh and remember, he was our BIG SIGNING in the year we basically had a max deal to offer with players like DeAngelo, Jimmy B, Kemba etc were all available. But so happy we settled for DG, Cook, McGee.
JaggedJimmyJay1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

If LeBron James listened to the stupid (bleep) fans want him to do in these situations he would be so much worse.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Lebrondagoat wrote:
I’m disgusted Danny green 15 million a year

Only one more year of him being on the Lakers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

The biggest issue imo is the Lakers defense hasn’t been all that good this series.

Having too many breakdowns and losing too many effort plays.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
troy wrote:
D. Green 3-8
Morris 0-2
Kuz 3-10
Rondo 1-7
Caruso 1-3
KCP not involved, due to Vogel's shtty coaching
AD hurt

So again, tell me why Lebron is passing the ball on the last play?

Danny Green was 3-7 and 2-4 from 3 before that 3. You're delusional.

...and Lebron was 15-21. And so who would you trust with that last shot? Cuz lebron didn't trust himself and went with DG.
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
D. Green 3-8
Morris 0-2
Kuz 3-10
Rondo 1-7
Caruso 1-3
AD hurt

Man the Lakers bench was terrible. Strangely I am relieved. No way they go 5-22 again.
socalfan21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject:

The most remarkable thing is that Jimmy Buckets is literally doing this by himself. Hes so (bleep) good
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
nickuku wrote:
troy wrote:
D. Green 3-8
Morris 0-2
Kuz 3-10
Rondo 1-7
Caruso 1-3
AD hurt

Danny Green was 3-7 and 2-4 from 3 before that 3. You're delusional.

...and Lebron was 15-21. And so who would you trust with that last shot? Cuz lebron didn't trust himself and went with DG.

Sure we'd all like Lebron to take the last shot but he got 2 players wide open shots. Why are you using Kobe's name to take a shot at Lebron? Its really (bleep) gross dude.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

We should have make play for KCP not Green. Also Rondo should have played more at 4th instead of Caruso.
vakobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
We could play the hindsight game all night, we still lost.

We have stuff to build on. We have better matchups to go to. I think AC played Nunn best, and Nunn killed us in the first half but not the second. Remember that lead we had in the first half that evaporated when he turned into prime Tony Parker?

They played very well and beat us, did we play very well? Who among us can say we got beat playing our best game?

Lets play our best game, with better knowledge of what their best game is, and bring this one home on Sunday. No need for a game 7 because I don't like to drink on a tuesday or wednesday or whatever they're making us go through

Problem is we lost with Lebron playing his best game.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

socalfan21 wrote:
The most remarkable thing is that Jimmy Buckets is literally doing this by himself. Hes so (bleep) good

I laugh at the terrible return the Bulls got in reutrn for Jimmy Buckets....no wonder they have so little success in the post MJ era.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm also mystified how AD always finds himself on the floor all the time. Sometimes he's all splayed on the floor while his team has to play 4 on 5 at the other side. It's not like he's diving on floor for loose balls, he crumples over the slightest contact. He's gotta work on his balance or something.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

vakobe wrote:
Theseus wrote:

We have stuff to build on. We have better matchups to go to. I think AC played Nunn best, and Nunn killed us in the first half but not the second. Remember that lead we had in the first half that evaporated when he turned into prime Tony Parker?

They played very well and beat us, did we play very well? Who among us can say we got beat playing our best game?

Lets play our best game, with better knowledge of what their best game is, and bring this one home on Sunday. No need for a game 7 because I don't like to drink on a tuesday or wednesday or whatever they're making us go through

The bench also played it's worst game by far and vogel's coaching was subpar. That compounded with Miami's hot shooting killed us and it was still a 3 point game. If AD is okay we still win.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Couldn’t clean up the defensive boards also hurt us in the first 3 qtrs
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
socalfan21 wrote:
Kobe would have never passed that last shot and give it to your overpaid 15 million dollar scrub. LeBron needs to re-assess how he attacks these last possessions man. This is your legacy on the line and you are 3-9 in NBA finals.

LeBron was not making that with a triple team. He had to pass it and Green was wide open It was the right play.

Why not set screens for LBJ like the Heat does for Butler? Set multiple screens, as soon as LBJ finds a crease he will attack and breaks down their D.

No, it's NOT the right play. The right play is to draw the foul going hard to the basket. It's NOT the right play to throw it to the worst shooter in the rotation. Lebron played a masterful game, but he fk'd up. So did Vogel.

Dude, they like double / tripled him as he moved past the 3 point line. But a different player or play should have been utilized, or just a flat clear out
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
socalfan21 wrote:
Kobe would have never passed that last shot and give it to your overpaid 15 million dollar scrub. LeBron needs to re-assess how he attacks these last possessions man. This is your legacy on the line and you are 3-9 in NBA finals.

LeBron was not making that with a triple team. He had to pass it and Green was wide open It was the right play.

Why not set screens for LBJ like the Heat does for Butler? Set multiple screens, as soon as LBJ finds a crease he will attack and breaks down their D.

No, it's NOT the right play. The right play is to draw the foul going hard to the basket. It's NOT the right play to throw it to the worst shooter in the rotation. Lebron played a masterful game, but he fk'd up. So did Vogel.

Dude, they like double / tripled him as he moved past the 3 point line. But a different player or play should have been utilized, or just a flat clear out

bUt MaMbA MeNtAlItY
troy
Star Player
Star Player

All and all, I still feel good about game 6. I suggested earlier that the entire Laker role players playing great in game 4 was a bad thing, because those guys are not good enough, collectively, to have two good games in a row. So, they had their bad game tonight. At least one of them will play good enough Sunday.

Lakers in 6
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

socalfan21 wrote:

I don’t think they had any chance if DR /Nunn didn’t play like that
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
All and all, I still feel good about game 6. I suggested earlier that the entire Laker role players playing great in game 4 was a bad thing, because those guys are not good enough, collectively, to have two good games in a row. So, they had their bad game tonight. At least one of them will play good enough Sunday.

Lakers in 6

Thats the gambler's fallacy and is the most bs thing ever.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
troy wrote:

Lakers in 6

Thats the gambler's fallacy and is the most bs thing ever.

Sounds like you expect the Lakers to lose next game.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Lakers in 6

I would agree with you but something about AD's toughness bothers me. Both physical and mental. I think he's deferring to much to LeBron and hoping he'll just put the team on his back and get them over the finish line. Hope I'm wrong.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject:

socalfan21 wrote:

By himself? Duncan Robinson would like a word with you.
highsteppingbruin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

BLF2145 wrote:
Hey just wanted to remind everyone Danny Green is GARBAGE and he is on the books again for next season for $15m. Oh and remember, he was our BIG SIGNING in the year we basically had a max deal to offer with players like DeAngelo, Jimmy B, Kemba etc were all available. But so happy we settled for DG, Cook, McGee.

Called it when they signed him. A glorified bum just happened to be a part of 2 championship teams.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

troy wrote:
D. Green 3-8
Morris 0-2
Kuz 3-10
Rondo 1-7
Caruso 1-3
AD hurt

kcp took 15 shots to get 16 points. Why was he "not involved" when he had as many shots this game as AD?

The Lakers looked bad, and subsequently lost. The Heat looked amazing and won by basically one point. The sky isn't falling yet.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

vakobe wrote:
Theseus wrote:

Yep, squandering a 6-9 three night from LBJ really, really stings.

I really point to 6 different moments in this game where the Lakers poor play and/or poor coaching allowed this to happen. Take those moments out or even play and Lakers win. That's what frustrates me. In no particular order:

1: Micro lineup falling behind big in the second quarter. Bad coaching move as Bam and others had their way on the boards. Heat went on a run.
2-4: 3rd quarter, 3 beyond aggravating / non championship plays as they got close: Allowing a 6 point trip, and two 4 point trips for the Heat. Unacceptable for a professional team, let alone one playing in the Finals. In fact, I have probably never seen that before
5-6: 4th quarter, Vogel has a brain fart again and goes Micro...missed layup, 2 TOS...down by 11. With AD back they finally make their push. But then the complete collapse on both ends when up by 1 with 16 seconds...

Heat had no such moments like that in this game. Zero. None. yes they had moments they would miss shots, or occassionally have a steal made, but nothing, and I mean nothing, like how the Lakers collapsed with these types of collapses or plays.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 79 of 82
Jump to: