+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Miami Heat (10/04/20) NBA Finals, Gm 3 / Gm#89 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itstdt
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

What's wrong with Danny Green? He has been like 1-7 or 0-6 every game. I can do that too.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakers wasted a good game from Morris and Kuz. I don't think they can produce the same in the next couple of games. It is up to Lebron and AD to save us in game 4.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

I got this feeling that if Miami wins game 4 they are winning it all in 6. Jimmy isn't fooling around....then Bam is coming back. Hope the Lakers will take them seriously from now on.
Gile
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject:

itstdt wrote:
What's wrong with Danny Green? He has been like 1-7 or 0-6 every game. I can do that too.

Nothing, this is who Green is. He was the same last year with Raptors, almost unplayable
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:
mookielala wrote:
LeBron was unrecognizable in this game. Really weird. He looked so gassed. I agree, why didnt we use Dwight in the 4th?

I don't know why people keep asking this.

Heat are playing small with 5 shooters. He's not going to help space the floor and the Lakers desperately needed shooting to get back into the game.

Sorry Retro, but I think you're just flat wrong re "why we didnt use Dwight"...you are arguably correct that someone could say "we shouldnt" [I would argue against that], but not for the reason why Vogel has not done so.

It's very simple - Vogel's rotations. It's pretty much always the same in this series, with slight modification tonight because of AD's foul trouble.

He starts with Dwight, AD, LBJ, Green and KCP*

He will then take Dwight out as he moves towards giving LBJ rest and have AD at center, and bring in Kuz and Rondo.

Then typically in the second period he goes total micro ball with Kieff replacing AD as LBJ comes back.

He will end the first half with AD, LBJ and a combo of others - could be rondo, kuz, Kieff, KCP, Green, AC...but its never Dwight.

Beginning of the third, rinse and repeat. It's always the same, subject to foul trouble.

Dwight has not played in the fourth or second quarter in games 1 or 2 or 3...not because of "5 shooters", but because that is how Vogel chose to run this series in using Dwight.

Game 1. Same rotation, when Dwight left in first half / first period they were down 23-10. Second hallf, when Dwight left, they were up 89-61 in the 3rd and had blown the game wide open with Dwight in the game and Olynyk now replacing Bam.

Game 2. Same rotation. When Dwight left in first half / first quarter score was 25-18 Lakers. Second half, when he left in 3rd, score was 92-79 Lakers (with him in game lead had bloated to 18, it started coming back down around time he left, going down to 4 after he left).

Game 3 we just saw. When he left in first half down 20-9 [1st quarter]; when he left in third down 74-66.

You can take what you want with that but it has nothing to do with what the Heat are plopping out there. BTW, during the regular season, Lakers used Javale and Dwight in both wins vs the Heat who played Olynyk, etc.

I dont disagree Olynyk stretches the floor for them, but I dont see Dwight (or Javale) as the key issue for what happened tonight. Frankly, I get more frustrated when we go small because we saw how happy Jimmy got with that. Tonight, the micro lineup did more good, more often, than not...but was still very beatable.

In sum: No, its not because of what the Heat toss out there. It is Vogel's rotations...come on now, you know Vogel sticks with his rotations quite stubbornly...seems to take a loss for him to change (so we will finally see if he makes any adjustments).

[*Edited for some reason had AC on the brain]
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Lakers got cocky and now the Heat will make it a dog fight with Bam and/or Dragic potentially coming back.

lol
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
Damn. Had to work and Missed the game. Wtf happened?!!

Lucky you...that was a frustrating game to watch.

Yeah, I came home and promptly deleted the game and only watched the postgame to see what they had to say for themselves.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
k4lakers wrote:

League didn't want a sweep is what happened. Time to make AD play with foul trouble.

Then the Lakers acquiesced by shooting terribly and turning the ball over a lot. To be fair, when they practiced they probably thought Anthony Davis would be playing.

Thanks for the recap. Pretty much what I guessed. 😕
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
k4lakers wrote:

Game 3 of the Nuggets series all over again. Came out lazy waited till the end to make a run and did. Than played like crap last 8 minutes.

Glad I missed it then. Lakers in 5!!!
Wolfer9
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I know AD has been great most of this playoffs... but games like this make me wish we signed Butler for free and kept all our youth and draft picks.

You have got to be kidding me right?

Wow. I sure hope so..
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

AD > Butler but I wish we had made a push for Butler instead of Kawhi. He's a two-way player and like Harden, he's a foul magnet who creates contact and gets calls.

Last edited by ducasse on Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
I got this feeling that if Miami wins game 4 they are winning it all in 6. Jimmy isn't fooling around....then Bam is coming back. Hope the Lakers will take them seriously from now on.

The Lakers are the better team. The Heat outworked them tonight. If they Heat outwork them going forward, yeah they will win, but that won't happen when the stakes get higher.

AD was a -26 tonight and LeBron a -4. That's a huge disparity.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:00 am    Post subject:

Good game by Butler. They needed this win. I don't expect them to play like this again

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:49 am    Post subject:

Butler had an Iverson game 1 2001 finals like game.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 am    Post subject:

4-1
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

https://headabovetherim.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/We-Got-This.jpg
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:52 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
4-1

5-5-5-5
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
pio2u wrote:
4-1

5-5-5-5
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject:

They really let one guy basically beat them in the finals. Wow. Hopefully they get their (bleep) together.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
I know AD has been great most of this playoffs... but games like this make me wish we signed Butler for free and kept all our youth and draft picks.

Hit me up when LBJ starts showing his age.

This year has been terrific and if we win, arguably worth it to mortgage our future just to tie the Celtics.

But I don't have confidence AD can have success without another alpha dog once LBJ is gone.

One thing I will say... is that Rob and the team made brilliant signings that saved our season. So it's possible he'll do it again next year.

But AD just doesn't impress me as a team leader.

A great talent and very likeable guy... but these disappearing acts make me wonder if he can take over once LBJ declines.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

This year has been terrific and if we win, arguably worth it to mortgage our future just to tie the Celtics.

But I don't have confidence AD can have success without another alpha dog once LBJ is gone.

One thing I will say... is that Rob and the team made brilliant signings that saved our season. So it's possible he'll do it again next year.

A great talent and very likeable guy... but these disappearing acts make me wonder if he can take over once LBJ declines.

lol he's had 2 maybe 3 subpar games this entire post season run and has been consistently putting up historic level performances where you only see Shaq and Wilt next to his name. Anytime you have an elite big you need a small as well to get the championships. You look at all the greatest big men ever to win Championships and what they have in common is an elite guard nearly every single time as there running mate on those runs.
Gile
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

lol he's had 2 maybe 3 subpar games this entire post season run and has been consistently putting up historic level performances where you only see Shaq and Wilt next to his name. Anytime you have an elite big you need a small as well to get the championships. You look at all the greatest big men ever to win Championships and what they have in common is an elite guard nearly every single time as there running mate on those runs.

Challenge: Name an elite small on first or second Spurs title. They had elite bigs: Duncan on both teams and Robinson on first title team
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Gile wrote:
hype wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Challenge: Name an elite small on first or second Spurs title. They had elite bigs: Duncan on both teams and Robinson on first title team

It is why I said nearly every time. That first Championship they got to play in the shortened season against the number 8 seed Knicks who were only a couple games over 500 (Also lost Ewing after game 2). That was just a weird season altogether but at the same time Duncan had Robinson. If the Lakers were to get say Giannis we would no longer need an elite guard and just solid guards instead. Two elite bigs, especially in that era was just as good when they are as versatile as those two and coached by Pop.

That second one still had Robinson but obviously a much smaller role for him. They also had an extremely balanced roster so the stats were spread across everyone after Duncan. They did have two smalls who are probable hall of famers in Ginobli and Parker though in this one.

I think AD has a great chance at getting titles on both of those teams if you switch him and Duncan out.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
AD > Butler but I wish we had made a push for Butler instead of Kawhi. He's a two-way player and like Harden, he's a foul magnet who creates contact and gets calls.

I agree. Imagine having Butler instead of Green.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

What we have learned without a doubt is that Danny Green will be a extremely expensive “at best” bench player for this team next year. Dude is an insanely overpriced horrible player. What an insane waste of money by the front office. Check my posts from FA from last year before you say “well in hindsight”. I was begging that the FO not waste their time on DG. He is not worth the $$$ the FO was allocating for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 50, 51, 52  Next
Page 51 of 52
Jump to: