I'll ask it. Where does this team rank all time in Lakers History?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:03 am    Post subject:

1. Kobe
2. Bron
3. AD
4. Pau
5. Odom
6. Dwight
7. Artest
8. Rondo
9. Fish
10. Bynum
11. Everybody else

AD vs Pau/Odom would've been something else, they did outplay KG/Sheed in 2010
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
1. Kobe
2. Bron
3. AD
4. Pau
5. Odom
6. Dwight
7. Artest
8. Rondo
9. Fish
10. Bynum
11. Everybody else

AD vs Pau/Odom would've been something else, they did outplay KG/Sheed in 2010

Yeah, but it was post-injury KG and Rasheed had already retired once.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

The other teams played real seasons with real playoffs, so I wouldn’t compare this team with them.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:08 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
The other teams played real seasons with real playoffs, so I wouldn’t compare this team with them.

Oh man, you gonna asterix this team VLF? say it ain't so
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Oh man, you gonna asterix this team VLF? say it ain't so

I wouldn’t but this season and playoffs are nothing like normal.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
Can we wait until they win two more games?

Exactly how I feel. OP is really confident he can’t jinx this team. I understand the confidence, but you can’t wait for 2 more wins?

Some dude starting a thread on the internet doesn’t have the power to alter an NBA playoff series.
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

Love and appreciate this team, but ranking is low, sorry. Primarily because of the relatively poor supporting cast. IMHO, we really don't have much beyond (older) James and AD. Standout members of our supporting cast are Howard and Rondo, both very old. Green is old. KCP and Kuz - need I tell you the heartaches?

The closest would be 2009-2010 Lakers, but that team has the supporting cast of Lamar, good Bynum, Ron Attest, in their prime. With Lamar, we were tantalizing close to a big 3.

2009-2010 Lakers are, on paper, top 2 teams. This year's team could be beaten by Bucks, Raptors, Clippers (hahaha, love it and grinning ear to ear still). All IMHO.

Last edited by cannga11 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Exactly how I feel. OP is really confident he can’t jinx this team. I understand the confidence, but you can’t wait for 2 more wins?

Some dude starting a thread on the internet doesn’t have the power to alter an NBA playoff series.

Lol. You guys Miami Heat fans?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

You’re right. Jimmy only gets 18/7/5 if a thread isn’t made on an internet message board. It’s clear to me now.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

I mean.. why not wait till the season is done before ranking this team against dynasties??
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:19 pm    Post subject:

This team is lack of focus and competitiveness except LBJ, Rando, DH, Caruso and Morris
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

You’re right. Jimmy only gets 18/7/5 if a thread isn’t made on an internet message board. It’s clear to me now.

Dude we got owned just when everyone thought this was an easy sweep. Is it really that hard to wait for 2 more wins?

Comparing this team to the 2001 Lakers? Lol. Does anyone make those comparisons if we win in 6 games?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

They’re the best team I’ve seen. Even if they take one game off each playoff series.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Dude we got owned just when everyone thought this was an easy sweep. Is it really that hard to wait for 2 more wins?

parades, dynasties - ridiculous! Our players seem less focused and delusional than this board with that performance tonight. This better wake them up or this series could go from sweep to losing 4 straight and a championship real quick!

Comparing this team to the 2001 Lakers? Lol.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
They’re the best team I’ve seen. Even if they take one game off each playoff series.

You haven't watched much basketball then.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Comparing this team to the 2001 Lakers? Lol. Does anyone make those comparisons if we win in 6 games?

I haven’t compared them to anyone. In fact I’ve said you can’t compare this team to anyone. I’m simply saying that discussing it on a message board has no impact on what happens on the basketball court. You wanna know why? Because thinking that it does is (bleep) stupid.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Mods, please until the time is right. I don't believe in jinx threads, but better safe than sorry!
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
Mods, please until the time is right. I don't believe in jinx threads, but better safe than sorry!

this! no mention of parades or dynasties allowed until, and it's an if, we win 2 more games!
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Love and appreciate this team, but ranking is low, sorry. Primarily because of the relatively poor supporting cast. IMHO, we really don't have much beyond (older) James and AD. Standout members of our supporting cast are Howard and Rondo, both very old. Green is old. KCP and Kuz - need I tell you the heartaches?

The closest would be 2009-2010 Lakers, but that team has the supporting cast of Lamar, good Bynum, Ron Attest, in their prime. With Lamar, we were tantalizing close to a big 3.

2009-2010 Lakers are, on paper, top 2 teams. This year's team could be beaten by Bucks, Raptors, Clippers (hahaha, love it and grinning ear to ear still). All IMHO.

Game 3 emphasizes why IMHO this is the weakest of all our championship teams, and how lucky we are to be in position to win the whole thing.

Think about this for a moment: our starting lineup includes KCP, Green, and Howard.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Embarrassing. No Kobe or Shaq led team would drop a game to a team missing 2 of their best players in the finals. When they saw blood, they went for it (Nets, Jazz, etc).
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

It’s just my opinion but I’ve been watching since the 80’s
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject:

If this team loses this series they deserve to, just like the Clippers deserved to lose their series after being in the “drivers seat”. The Lakers should be able to close this out in 5 or 6 tops but they need to remember they’re playing against another team that has won 3 playoff series as well and if they take them lightly then the Heat will take advantage.

This team is not better than our last 5 championships teams currently. We’ll see what they show over the next 2-4 games and if they can change my mind. But a Shaq Kobe or Kobe, Pau, Odom team would not have finished the game the way this team did tonight. Turnovers, bad defense, and bad/lazy shots galore.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:

It’s just my opinion but I’ve been watching since the 80’s

I know you're high on the team - i see you in the game threads - but best you've ever seen? Really? And you saw the '87 Lakers, '01 Lakers, those bulls team, '17 warriors, etc? You saw what Jimmy did against us tonight? Imagine '01 kobe lol. I love this team but I can think of 2-3 Laker teams that would kill this team, and a few non-Laker teams to boot ('13 Heat come to mind, 72-win bulls, etc).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I haven’t compared them to anyone. In fact I’ve said you can’t compare this team to anyone. I’m simply saying that discussing it on a message board has no impact on what happens on the basketball court. You wanna know why? Because thinking that it does is (bleep) stupid.

Maybe. But the final score says otherwise.

The OP was making comparisons to the 2000-2002 Lakers.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

The disrespect to the 2008-2010 Lakers is insane in this thread.

I'll take the team that beat the defending champion Spurs, the Superteam Celtics and the 7 Seconds or Less Suns. Even the Carmelo/Billups Nuggets look absolutely legendary next to the one this Lakers team faced.

Showtime Lakers
Shaq/Kobe Lakers
Kobe/Pau Lakers
and the 33-win streak West/Wilt Lakers

are ALL better until further notice.

Nobody wants to hear it but this team has an easy path to the chip and it wasn't just because "they're so good they made it seem easy". They didn't have to face the Dynasty Warriors (best team of this era) that got dismantled. They didn't have to face the Clippers in the Battle of LA. They didn't have to face the league MVP. And they didn't have to face the KD/Kyrie Nets who would've steamrolled through the weak East had they been healthy. And now they face one of the worst NBA Finals opponents of all time that's riddled with injuries on top of that (a freaking 5th seed, for christ's sake).

They didn't face any Dynasties, Superteams or All-Time Great Teams (see: Bird Celtics, Duncan Spurs, Big 3 Celtics, Bad Boy Pistons etc.).

The "best" team they faced was a worse version of the Harden/CP3 Rockets with Westbrook coming back from injury.

Most of the teams they did face were worse than the versions of the same franchise the previous Laker squads faced (Jailblazers of Early 2000s >>> Lillard Blazers; Melo/Billups Nuggets >> Joker/Murray Nuggets, etc,)

Not to mention the nearly half-year layoff/break to rest and recover, playing in a bubble with no away game/fans, no travel, etc.

But hey, don't take it the wrong way. The fact that we can even have this discussion shows how blessed we are as a franchise. And to think nobody even mentioned the George Mikan 5-ring dynasty
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: