+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (09/24/20) WCF, Gm 4 / Gm#85 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The Lakers are 52-0 this season when leading going into the 4th quarter.

That's the best record ever in the shot clock era.




Most clutch team Iโ€™ve ever seen.


Hmmmm...........

Fwiw I do recognize this current team is pretty damn clutch but that 2009 Lakers Championship team was pretty big time as well ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ€
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JerryWest_44
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 22 May 2004
Posts: 16842

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.


he needs to go through Lebron first
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Officiating so far for the series...

FTs: 113 vs 113... Before tonights game Nuggets had 90 to Lakers 78.

Personal Fouls: Lakers 109 / Nuggets 97


EXACTLY. He is basically saying (cuz he is a fing MORON) "hey, we arent getting more FT's than the Lakers...WAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Is even enough for you?


"NO! I WANT MORE!"

Fine here's your little plush toy go play in the corner you frigging big baby
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 5497

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?
_________________
Whomever smelt it, dealt it.
-Nikola Tesla

Ass cash or grass, Nobody rides for free.
-Mahatma Ghandi

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
-Rick Astley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?


Malone and his children complained about the FT disparity

But basically what they are complaining about is they arent getting more than the Lakers, not that they arent getting a fair amount, cuz FTs in this series between the teams are DEAD EVEN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13861

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?


Yep, a formal complaint it seems.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Dec 2013
Posts: 5497

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

a world class coach like Popovich wouldn't complain about the refs- guess Malone aint that good a coach after all.
_________________
Whomever smelt it, dealt it.
-Nikola Tesla

Ass cash or grass, Nobody rides for free.
-Mahatma Ghandi

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down
-Rick Astley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

So I've literally lost all respect for Malone and his kiddies after that. I'd understand if Lakers had like a 10 FT edge in FTs but come on, when its equal in the series??

F the Nugs

Please blow this team out

NBA League - you cannot give rewards to a team that hasnt been screwed over in a series. FTs are dead even and their coach complains because Vogel pointed out LBJ wasnt getting calls (and the Lakers were down 12 in FTS in this series as an aside).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Miggz coming through clutch with that stat I just re-sent to my family in Denver and Las Vegas who are Nuggz fans and giving me hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Miggz coming through clutch with that stat I just re-sent to my family in Denver and Las Vegas who are Nuggz fans and giving me hell


Tell them to STFU - the cream has clearly risen to the top thus far. More foul calls vs Lakers and dead even FTs. Nuff said.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
So I've literally lost all respect for Malone and his kiddies after that. I'd understand if Lakers had like a 10 FT edge in FTs but come on, when its equal in the series??

F the Nugs

Please blow this team out

NBA League - you cannot give rewards to a team that hasnt been screwed over in a series. FTs are dead even and their coach complains because Vogel pointed out LBJ wasnt getting calls (and the Lakers were down 12 in FTS in this series as an aside).


Desperate times coming from a desperate Coach and his team.
Them complaining back about the officiating is just another form of them submitting the fact they know we aren't Utah or the Flippers.

Time to end the "Comeback Kids" on Saturday!!! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ€
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 54822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Murray lost points with me for his post game interview. He was all smiles with a lot to say when they won. Beast mode when they lost. ***crickets.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 19958
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?


Yep, a formal complaint it seems.


First game the Lakers were aggressive, I thought the game was called fairly and the Lakers had a legit FT advantage. Malone complained to the league. Next thing we know, Jokic is getting a free pass to elbow and shove, the Lakers are getting called for ticky tack fouls, Denver gets a huge FT advantage for 2 games, winning 1 game and almost winning the other. The Lakers complained to the office about Jokic getting a free pass. So the refs tighten up on Jokic and he's suddenly in foul trouble. Now Malone whines and says he's going to complain to the refs.

Just call it the same for both teams refs. And we'd see the Lakers win. Or swallow your whistles completely, don't call anything, and watch the Lakers thoroughly crush Denver's asses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:36 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
So I've literally lost all respect for Malone and his kiddies after that. I'd understand if Lakers had like a 10 FT edge in FTs but come on, when its equal in the series??

F the Nugs

Please blow this team out

NBA League - you cannot give rewards to a team that hasnt been screwed over in a series. FTs are dead even and their coach complains because Vogel pointed out LBJ wasnt getting calls (and the Lakers were down 12 in FTS in this series as an aside).


Desperate times coming from a desperate Coach and his team.
Them complaining back about the officiating is just another form of them submitting the fact they know we aren't Utah or the Flippers.

Time to end the "Comeback Kids" on Saturday!!! ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ€


My gut wasnt feeling good about game 4

Felt ok about tonite

Right now? Feeling agitated at the Nugs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?


Yep, a formal complaint it seems.


First game the Lakers were aggressive, I thought the game was called fairly and the Lakers had a legit FT advantage. Malone complained to the league. Next thing we know, Jokic is getting a free pass to elbow and shove, the Lakers are getting called for ticky tack fouls, Denver gets a huge FT advantage for 2 games, winning 1 game and almost winning the other. The Lakers complained to the office about Jokic getting a free pass. So the refs tighten up on Jokic and he's suddenly in foul trouble. Now Malone whines and says he's going to complain to the refs.

Just call it the same for both teams refs. And we'd see the Lakers win. Or swallow your whistles completely, don't call anything, and watch the Lakers thoroughly crush Denver's asses.


All excellent points proven by the fact the Lakers are up 3-1 when you see FTs are equal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2013
Posts: 2450

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
If Denver's D is giving Bron a problem, imagine Miami with better wings and Bam in the middle.


I disagree. Joker is killing us, drawing our defense in while Murray eats us while we are preoccupied with the key. The Heat have outside threats, but no one that can dominate down low like Denver has. Heat plays alot like Houston, only slightly better. Denver matches us better because of Jokic and Milsap down low.

I said it before, Denver is tougher than the Clips would have been, and they are our toughest team to beat. If we can get past the Nuggets, I like our chances of getting the ring this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
carjoch831 wrote:
If Denver's D is giving Bron a problem, imagine Miami with better wings and Bam in the middle.


I disagree. Joker is killing us, drawing our defense in while Murray eats us while we are preoccupied with the key. The Heat have outside threats, but no one that can dominate down low like Denver has. Heat plays alot like Houston, only slightly better. Denver matches us better because of Jokic and Milsap down low.

I said it before, Denver is tougher than the Clips would have been, and they are our toughest team to beat. If we can get past the Nuggets, I like our chances of getting the ring this year.


I think he means the Heat's Defense will be able to counter LBJ better with its players.

One game at a time fellas!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 7065

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Murray lost points with me for his post game interview. He was all smiles with a lot to say when they won. Beast mode when they lost. ***crickets.


Because, as a person, he is a PUNK. Still a kid trying to grow up. Has not grown up yet.

Can't stand him, hope after Saturday that will be it. He is reaching Ainge-level disdain with me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 30551

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Nuggets coach Mike Malone: "I'm going to have to go through the proper channels like they did to get some more free throws."


(bleep) off, Malone.

I missed the story- did the Lakers complain to the league or something?


Yep, a formal complaint it seems.


Iirc, Jerami Grant shot more fts in game three than Lebron had in games 1-3 COMBINED. A complaint was warranted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 54822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets need to learn to lose with class.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 18536

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

The league can kill this noise by just putting three no name refs out there and letting the Lakers win without any drama but I know they wonโ€™t be able to resist throwing Foster out there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11139
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Even though the Lakers lead the entire game, I couldn't relax until the last 10 seconds...

Great game, one more like that please...
_________________
โ€œAlways remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.โ€
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 4427

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I stayed away from the game thread. When I do we win. Now I can post. โ€œYou can put this one in the refrigerator. The doorโ€™s closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butterโ€™s getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling.โ€


Amen! Can you "stay away" Saturday as well?
_________________
Starting Lakers Dynasty6.0! NOW!!
------
....." each year in Lakerland is marked by four seasons: Kobeโ€™s Mad at His Teammates; Kobeโ€™s Shooting Too Much; Kobe Leads the Victory Parade; Kobe Receives His Championship Ring."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 436

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Before the series I thought it would be difficult to hate on the Nuggets, but now they are proving to be annoying. First Murray and now Coach Malone...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 54822
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I stayed away from the game thread. When I do we win. Now I can post. โ€œYou can put this one in the refrigerator. The doorโ€™s closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butterโ€™s getting hard and the Jell-O is jiggling.โ€


Amen! Can you "stay away" Saturday as well?

That's the plan!. I don't post during the game.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB