Ridiculous Laker Takes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Ridiculous Laker Takes

Something incredibly hilarious (and pathetic at the same time) is the hot and cold nature of the takes regarding the Lakers. Of course this applies to every team following a game, but the Lakers takes are just wild. I will take this morning on "First Thing's First" as an example. When the Lakers were up 2-0, we were a lock to go to the Finals and win in 5 games. This morning, according to Brandon Marshall (who is just the worst analyst on TV) said that the Nuggets have totally figured the Lakers out and the series is essentially theirs to win.

Never thought that I would say that Skip Bayless looks more moderate than another talking head, but here we are. Brandon also labeled Tyler Herro as a superstar after last night. Maybe it is his never ending interruptions on that show, but Marshall just rubs me the wrong way, especially on his hot / cold takes regarding the Lakers.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ridiculous Laker Takes

BlueNGold wrote:
Something incredibly hilarious (and pathetic at the same time) is the hot and cold nature of the takes regarding the Lakers. Of course this applies to every team following a game, but the Lakers takes are just wild. I will take this morning on "First Thing's First" as an example. When the Lakers were up 2-0, we were a lock to go to the Finals and win in 5 games. This morning, according to Brandon Marshall (who is just the worst analyst on TV) said that the Nuggets have totally figured the Lakers out and the series is essentially theirs to win.

Never thought that I would say that Skip Bayless looks more moderate than another talking head, but here we are. Brandon also labeled Tyler Herro as a superstar after last night. Maybe it is his never ending interruptions on that show, but Marshall just rubs me the wrong way, especially on his hot / cold takes regarding the Lakers.

I don’t blame him for saying denver has figured us out... we have seen what jamal and jokic do after they get comfortable with an opponent. We are lucky to not be down 1-2. Thanks to that AD prayer.

This is all on vogel. He has not played to our strengths (Davis at center) and will usually play 3-4 guys with 0 shooting ability. Anyways.. Last game we looked either very tired or we did not care.

Anytime we face a guard oriented team they feast on our slow close outs (Mcgee)
TheWave
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:27 am    Post subject:

The mind set over the last 48 hours has been baffling. The Nuggets “should” not be up 2-1. They lost two games. I love how the Jokic tip in is be heralded as amazing skill while AD’s three has been diminished to “luck”. Also basketball is not played in a vacuum if the Lakers lose game two no one knows how game 4 plays out
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:30 am    Post subject:

If you let yourself get annoyed by hot takes on TV and radio shows, that's all on you. The whole point of shows like that is to stir the pot. If they got you worked up enough to start a thread about it in the Lounge, they won.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

He’s not wrong. The Nuggets have figured us out. Now it’s our time to adjust or go home.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

TheWave wrote:
The mind set over the last 48 hours has been baffling. The Nuggets “should” not be up 2-1. They lost two games. I love how the Jokic tip in is be heralded as amazing skill while AD’s three has been diminished to “luck”. Also basketball is not played in a vacuum if the Lakers lose game two no one knows how game 4 plays out

I never liked the idea of people saying things like the Nuggets should be up 2-1 or similar things to that nature if this happens, then the events after that would be exactly the same.

If the Lakers lost game 2 and the series was tied, do we think they would come out with a lackluster and unfocused game 3 that we saw?

This is like saying will in 2000 were the Lakers were down by 15 points in the 4th quarter against Portland in game 7..if in some alternate world the Lakers were tied at the end of the 3rd, the Lakers would have played with the same intensity and beat Portland badly..come on!
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
If you let yourself get annoyed by hot takes on TV and radio shows, that's all on you. The whole point of shows like that is to stir the pot. If they got you worked up enough to start a thread about it in the Lounge, they won.

Not worked up, just laughable at how back and forth it is.

I believe that there are certain TV vets (Bayless, Wright, SAS, Kellerman) that live and feast on riling up people. There are others that provide genuine analysis (Broussard) and then the ones that seem purely in-the-moment reactionary (Brandon Marshall).

Having a background in sports broadcasting, I definitely understand the intent, I was just commenting on how goofy it can be at times.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

In a 7 game series both teams should be making adjustments from game to game, unless your the clippers coaching staff.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject:

You don't need to go outside of LG.com to find ridiculous Laker takes.
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
He’s not wrong. The Nuggets have figured us out. Now it’s our time to adjust or go home.

I agree. Keep AD at the perimeter and force Lebron to get tired. Caruso, KCP, Green, Kuzma and Rondo arent going to do anything about it.

Lakers are in trouble this series. Hopefully they win. The big X factor is officiating. If they call any fouls on Jokic then Nuggets are done.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

This. Every game that we lose means that the sky is falling.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

yes, just look around here. people think Danny Green is a 15m 3&D guy
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject:

This x10000. Check out the first reply. We’re 10-3 in these playoffs. 10-3.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:39 am    Post subject:

Can Vogel make the necessary adjustments so the Lakers don't get outplayed for long stretches of time? Can AD not play soft? Can somebody or two consistently hit a 3? Hope so.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

Gandalf wrote:
Can Vogel make the necessary adjustments so the Lakers don't get outplayed for long stretches of time? Can AD not play soft? Can somebody or two consistently hit a 3? Hope so.

But see, this is what I mean. AD has shown the ability to not play soft. We have shown the ability to hit (up to 19) threes in a game. We can play with energy.

To have the take that Denver has our number is a wildly ridiculous take. Denver "knowing how to solve us" relies on us not: A) competing, or B) doing our job. Sure, they can make it harder, but to say that we are "figured out" is a stretch.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

This board is hilarious.
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Coach Wooden
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

SpunkieLakerCat wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

If Vogel continue to start McGee and then wait until the middle of the second quarter and I will not say that the nuggets have figured out the Lakers, but stubborn and dumbness of the coach
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

Derek Fisher was only good during the 2001 playoffs and when shooting with under a minute left. He was a bench guard who started as a good luck charm but made Kobe's job harder trying to carry him.
PhiberOptik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

I agree. Keep AD at the perimeter and force Lebron to get tired. Caruso, KCP, Green, Kuzma and Rondo arent going to do anything about it.

Lakers are in trouble this series. Hopefully they win. The big X factor is officiating. If they call any fouls on Jokic then Nuggets are done.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

PhiberOptik wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

haha every single series. You'd think they'd hold back the concerns at least a bit after dominating the last two teams that were supposed to "have the Lakers number".
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

TheWave wrote:

Hypotheticals and the reverse of things that actually happened have more value to people/fans today. It's weird, but tell me I'm wrong. I'm not a subscriber to it, but just sayin. If DEN loses 3-4, that Gm 2 won't be overturned cuz of what if... We already played that Jokic/AD sh in 04 w/ the lucky ass TD shot and Fisher's lucky shot. Media didn't wanna say TD's was lucky so Shaq made sure to.
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

It is funny with the "should be up" takes when it was a last second shot. Maybe, it would have been different with a bit of defense. The best of 7 is great because a team needs to endure.

3-1 is great, but they need to end it ASAP. Shut them down. Murray looked as if the Nuggets were done...don't let them up.
Qsmiff
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Down 3-1's a hell of a drug.....
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Easier to read this board after a win, but more entertaining after a loss.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: