VANESSA BRYANT SUING SHEFIFF DEPARTMENT
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject: VANESSA BRYANT SUING SHEFIFF DEPARTMENT

I didn't want to soil the In Memory of Kobe Bryant thread by posting this there.

Some people have no respect. I'm not one who normally wishes ill will on anyone. In this case I make an exception. All involved need to be punished.

Vanessa Bryant sues L.A. County Sheriff over leaked photos from Kobe Bryant crash site

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

Hope she destroys them.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

Villanueva asking LeBron James to step up and match reward money when he can’t even step up and control his own officers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject:

They released Kobe's autopsy, reading it made me sick to my stomach.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

They didn't release it. People from the Kobe reddit forum bought it for $50 off the LA coroners office website. I believe what they stated in that thread is that it's legal to purchase anyone's autopsy report for some odd reason for $50. Several people on reddit put their money together and bought all the autopsy reports to recreate the crash scene.

Majority were huge fans and said they just wanted to know for the sake of closure. Many mentioned it's like wanting to know more about a friends death. Primarily people were just hoping that it was quick and they didnt suffer.

The autopsy report was the saddest thing I read in a long time
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

They didn't release it. People from the Kobe reddit forum bought it for $50 off the LA coroners office website. I believe what they stated in that thread is that it's legal to purchase anyone's autopsy report for some odd reason for $50. Several people on reddit put their money together and bought all the autopsy reports to recreate the crash scene.

Majority were huge fans and said they just wanted to know for the sake of closure. Many mentioned it's like wanting to know more about a friends death. Primarily people were just hoping that it was quick and they didnt suffer.

I looked at it just now and wish I hadn’t... Fair warning to anyone who might go looking for it. Not something you want to see.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

These cases remind me of that teenaged girl from S. Calif whose head was crushed in a rollover accident maybe 05/06 (circa). She took her dad's Porsche and clipped another vehicle and hit a toll booth or some otherwise free standing structure off of the freeway. Those pics were 11 on a 10 scale in terms of gore. I remember those links to the pics of the accident site being posted in OT here. The parents and the girls' younger siblings had to see those when sick Fs out there emailed them to the family members' etc. They had to sue to get those pics removed from much of the internet, but once they're out there, they will always be. Same thing re: leaked accident scene pics of Paul Walker, Princess Di, etc have also been outed.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Very grim. Nothing your common sense wouldn't expect to see given the circumstances, but you realize that Kobe is indicative of every soul on board in terms of injuries. But humans have a morbid curiosity about death that's hard to describe. Why it's even there must be for a reason. Only solace is that he and they didn't feel what happened to them, it was instantaneous.
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
These cases remind me of that teenaged girl from S. Calif whose head was crushed in a rollover accident maybe 05/06 (circa). She took her dad's Porsche and clipped another vehicle and hit a toll booth or some otherwise free standing structure off of the freeway. Those pics were 11 on a 10 scale in terms of gore. I remember those links to the pics of the accident site being posted in OT here. The parents and the girls' younger siblings had to see those when sick Fs out there emailed them to the family members' etc. They had to sue to get those pics removed from much of the internet, but once they're out there, they will always be. Same thing re: leaked accident scene pics of Paul Walker, Princess Di, etc have also been outed.

I remember that story. Very disturbing as internet trolls harassed the family with the pictures.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Very grim. Nothing your common sense wouldn't expect to see given the circumstances, but you realize that Kobe is indicative of every soul on board in terms of injuries. But humans have a morbid curiosity about death that's hard to describe. Why it's even there must be for a reason. Only solace is that he and they didn't feel what happened to them, it was instantaneous.

Yeah I’ve known of a few people who died in horrible car accidents and it was horrible for the family that it was clear that the victims did not die instantly or had tried to crawl away from the scene. Or that they possibly could have survived if someone had been there to help or call 911.

For those who don’t want the details, be assured there is absolutely no chance any of the victims felt any pain in this crash.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:

Oh man, I know exactly what you're referring to. I remember somebody telling me about those and how gruesome they were. Of course, I felt they couldn't be THAT bad so I took a look.

14 years later, I can still remember just how bad they really were.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Oh man, I know exactly what you're referring to. I remember somebody telling me about those and how gruesome they were. Of course, I felt they couldn't be THAT bad so I took a look.

14 years later, I can still remember just how bad they really were.

Man, during that period, I would go on Ogrish and watch all sorts of vile things...those pictures ended all that for me. Memories of it made me sick.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

I looked at it just now and wish I hadn’t... Fair warning to anyone who might go looking for it. Not something you want to see.

This isn't about the autopsy though. Apparently some sheriff was showing the actual pictures of the scene off at a bar.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

This isn't about the autopsy though. Apparently some sheriff was showing the actual pictures of the scene off at a bar.

Man, imagine what kind of ghoul you'd have to be to do that.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject:

On an impulse I went to look at the PDF of the autopsy report and before I'd figured out whether not I was brave enough (I wasn't even close) to zoom in, it had zoomed in on the coroner's sketch.

Do not even think about looking at that thing. There is 0 good that will come from it. I don't know what came over me, but it was the wrong move. I am (bleep) sickened.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Seriously. Even the description makes me sick. You would have to be a complete psychopath to take a picture of that, let alone go around showing it to people at a bar.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject:

Other than the PR problem, I doubt the LA Sheriffs Department really cares. Who do you think is going to pick up the bill? You guys, or at least those of you who live in the small or unincorporated areas in LA County. If you want law enforcement agencies to police themselves, get your city councils to enact legislation that forces the pentalties from successful lawsuits to be drawn from law enforcement pension funds. Right now all of us are stuck holding the bag for LEO misconduct.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Only dumbass, sick people would take pictures on their phone at the scene to then show friends, girls, whatever. WTF was wrong with those dumbasses?

I have read a lot of people ripping into Vanessa for being greedy. This isn't about greed, stupid idiots, its sending a message to not do this. I can't imagine if Vanessa saw these photos, how she would feel. I mean, all these folks perished very violently. No one wants to see it.

Happy she is sending a message.....
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:31 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Only dumbass, sick people would take pictures on their phone at the scene to then show friends, girls, whatever. WTF was wrong with those dumbasses?

I have read a lot of people ripping into Vanessa for being greedy. This isn't about greed, stupid idiots, its sending a message to not do this. I can't imagine if Vanessa saw these photos, how she would feel. I mean, all these folks perished very violently. No one wants to see it.

Happy she is sending a message.....

People can be so naive and narrow minded. It's not uncommon for the rich to donate it to a charitable cause.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:35 am    Post subject:

I can’t imagine having the desire to take pictures. I wouldn’t want those on my phone, and why would you ever show it to people?

I doubt a lot of people would want photos of them taken and shown around after dying like that. Talk about having zero respect for the victims and talk about being selfish. And it shows zero respect for Vanessa and the others that lost their loved ones too.
KobeGOATMambaRIP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

All the people asking why any one would take pictures...I work in ER. We have very strict policies about taking photos. Every once in a while some one gets into huge trouble for taking a picture of something gore related. I mean career ending mistake.

It's just that weird morbid curiosity thing with humans. In the case of Kobe I read that many of them immediately knew it was Kobe based on the tattoos and appearance. I imagine they were thinking money at that point.

Even the bicycle riders that initially saw the crash said when they came down from the trail that TMZ and other media outlets were offering a lot of $ for any pictures and they said no and were disgusted.

I sincerely appreciate those bikers for being class personified to refuse probably upwards of $50k+. True Kobe fans
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

poppies wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
KobeGOATMambaRIP wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

What kind of ghoul seeks out or pays to look at the autopsy photos?

Sheriff or any professionals saving/ showing the photos should lose their jobs but I find little moral distinctions between the sheriff and the “Kobe fans” or TMZ ghouls that just had to take a peek.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
On an impulse I went to look at the PDF of the autopsy report and before I'd figured out whether not I was brave enough (I wasn't even close) to zoom in, it had zoomed in on the coroner's sketch.

Do not even think about looking at that thing. There is 0 good that will come from it. I don't know what came over me, but it was the wrong move. I am (bleep) sickened.

Yep, went and took a look after reading your post. Why the (bleep) did I do that I wonder. Can't get it out of my head now.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yep, went and took a look after reading your post. Why the (bleep) did I do that I wonder. Can't get it out of my head now.

oh man. i got curious and was horrified by what I read. :/
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: