Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Can we dress waiters and THT? Another scorer just in case
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

Start Dwight next game even though he will probably foul like crazy.

Energy was too low at the beginning of the game
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Lbj made some dumb decisions down the stretch as well

I was expecting a switch everytime. I dunno why he is so passive and keep taking bad shot when he can muster a better shot.

A legendary player but killer instinct isn't a part of his game like MJ and Kobe. If he had a killer instinct, he'd already have five titles.

LMAO such a silly take. Not everyone can be on the favored team in six trips like MJ and five trips for Kobe. This forum is pure comedy

The Lakers aren’t the favored team?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

CRoost wrote:
MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
AD playing the entire second half
Lebron probably only rested 2-3 minutes the second half.

Vogel found something that works defensively heading into the game 4. πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€

Gotta come out angry and hungrier game 4 πŸ€πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™

Rather getting blown out and save that for next game

What we did defensively to come back is not something this team can sustain for 4 quarters, they were tired after doing it for one.

We need to find a consistent strategy. Because the run we went on isn't a good strategy to go into next game expecting to do for 4 quarters. The Heat can do stuff like that, but we're a little older and can't run Showtimes's pace.

The high screen and roll has been the offense that keep the Nuggets in their flow. Rondo has proven that it can be disrupted with active hands. I know refs keep calling ticky tack fouls but we need to attack that instead of keep letting them getting into their flow. Vogel has not made any adjustments.

They made all the open shots in the 3rd and jeremey grant was killing us
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject:

As I've said, Kuz doesn't (yet) have basketball skills. He's like Zubak of the Clippers. He may develop some, but right now, he's unskilled for the NBA level.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Robblake wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

I was expecting a switch everytime. I dunno why he is so passive and keep taking bad shot when he can muster a better shot.

A legendary player but killer instinct isn't a part of his game like MJ and Kobe. If he had a killer instinct, he'd already have five titles.

LMAO such a silly take. Not everyone can be on the favored team in six trips like MJ and five trips for Kobe. This forum is pure comedy
the star player is what makes them favored. Lebron has been favored in prob all but what.. two of his final appearances?

He's been on the favored team, according to Vegas, twice in nine trips. This is old news people
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

The legend of Jerami Grant.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gandalf wrote:
Out-rebounded 44-25. That is embarrassing.

Pathetic

Yep. That needs to be really looked at and fixed
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject:

That Jeremy grant prayer off the bound was a killer too, otherwise lebron would’ve cut it to 1
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

thought this troll is not watching basketball games anymore.

we lose and this troll comes out

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

Had a bad feeling about this game. Win the next one Lakers.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

MJST wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
AD playing the entire second half
Lebron probably only rested 2-3 minutes the second half.

Vogel found something that works defensively heading into the game 4. πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€πŸ’ͺπŸ€

Gotta come out angry and hungrier game 4 πŸ€πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™πŸ€πŸ™

Rather getting blown out and save that for next game

What we did defensively to come back is not something this team can sustain for 4 quarters, they were tired after doing it for one.

We need to find a consistent strategy. Because the run we went on isn't a good strategy to go into next game expecting to do for 4 quarters. The Heat can do stuff like that, but we're a little older and can't run Showtimes's pace.

On terms of energy this specific defensive strategy was thrown on the Lakers late by Vogel. This is after AD already has been in the entire second half. Lebron with maybe only 2 minutes of rest.

Plus there was no Danny Green or KCP in any of these sets. Not saying will utilize this zone blitz all game but I’m sure Lebron, Rondo and Vogel during the film session will pick and choose when it’ll be go time.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow - Just looked at our FT and 3-pt percentages this game. Worse than I even thought.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nothing silly about it. He's 3-6 in the NBA finals and we're not talking about "everyone." We're talking about LeBron James who has been proven to lack a murderer's attitude on the court. In 40 years of watching this sport, I've never seen someone so talented be so passive in fourth quarters.

Last edited by Black20Ice on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

Do we get 3 days off now? Like miami/boston?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We’d beat them even if we play half way decent, they played as well they they could this game
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

1995Lakers wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

You guys need to read the new book by Jeff Pearlman....Kobe is an even worse narcissist and ridiculous than I thought of him early in his career. Became a fan of his in 2008 and thats what truly makes the Kobe story so incredible....that this flawed ridiculous person became such a great leader and mature person

True, but Kobe was always a bailout scorer at the end of games whether we were down by 15 or 5.

You can legitimately count on him to be a one man wrecking machine, even if it ultimately led to a loss. It was an instinctive feeling you had as a fan.

Of course, that exact quality was often viewed as detrimental to the teams success. So there is a clear balance.

LeBron came up with a triple double tonight, so it isn't like he was effortless.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

uh... yes. What does that have to do with the above posts?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

venturalakersfan wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

No, that would be the Clippers. But, um...
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

Shot 23% from 3s, 63% FT, and Got killed on the Rebound. Jeremy Grant with a career night and only lost by 8pts?

I mean lots of things to fix and look forward to in game 3... Tonights game was probably our second worst game since game 1 of Portland series.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

We did not execute on defense, plain and simple.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Shot 23% from 3s, 63% FT, and Got killed on the Rebound. Jeremy Grant with a career night and only lost by 8pts?

I mean lots of things to fix and look forward to in game 3... Tonights game was probably our second worst game since game 1 of Portland series.

That's the problem, we shouldn't be in fixing mode. We should be in polishing mode for the finals. 8 point loss is meaningless and out of context with what happened.
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

That's the problem, we shouldn't be in fixing mode. We should be in polishing mode for the finals. 8 point loss is meaningless and out of context with what happened.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
CRoost wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:

Nothing silly about it. He's 3-6 in the NBA finals and we're not talking about "everyone." We're talking about LeBron James who has been proven to lack a murderer's attitude on the court. In 40 years of watching this sport, I've never seen someone so talented be so passive in fourth quarters.

Context is important, and "everyone" was clearly on behalf of Lebron with respect to your dishonest interpretation of his Finals record.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Another stellar performance by DG. So good that he was not even in the game when we needed shooting. Vogel realizes dude is a negative presence on the floor instead of a benefit. Lakers HAVE to get out from under that contract in the offseason even after we win it all. He is only going to get worse. Move him, cook and the 1st for any half way decent starting SG in the league. Hell I would take Grant over him in a heartbeat.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 60 of 63
Jump to: