LAKERS -vs- NUGGETS - 9/20 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

I'll take art but I don't think the Lakers can depend on a Hail Mary
final play to win games. Let's hope they dominate the next two or
I'll need medication.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It seems that Denver is close to finding a way to neutralize the Lakers.
It is clog the lane for Lebron. Double team him and triple team him in on drives. But give him the three as he wants.
Hopefully, Vogel is smart enough to counter.
Problem is Lebron can no longer fast enough to by him man like Murray and the Lakers offense can look stagnant.
The key is ball and player movement. But nobody but AD wants to shoot the final shot. Danny Green and Rondo are big keys for they can do it.
Kuzma is a liability and only can shoot when it doesn't matter.
Curuso and Howard are huge keys.
Howard can slow down the Joker. Nobody else can. Play him. McGee seems to be useless.
it may be that KCP or Morris play may decide the series.

The Lakers have effectively countered zones before, but I didn't see them doing their usual anti-zone stuff.

Biggest issue for me is Danny Green. Yes, he was +10 and 3/10 from beyond the arc, but with the looks he got he should've been 8/10.

I cringe whenever Green shoots - it's almost like when DFish would try to shoot layups back in the day.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: I think Fisher's .4 was more recent than Horry's

journeyman wrote:
Great writeup, but everyone says It's the first playoff buzzer beater since Horry, but I'm fairly certain Fisher's .4 was more recent.

In either case, all were great shots!

We’ve had a few playoff buzzer beaters since Harry - .4, Kobe against the Suns, Artest against the Suns. This was our first three point playoff buzzer beater since Horry.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:06 am    Post subject:

In games 5 and 6 against the Clippers, Denver was 14-18 from three in the 4th quarters. They shot 1-7 from three last night while we were 18-19 from the line. Pretty fortunate.
Lebron isn't going to have many quarters like that, so that's a positive to take away from a winning outcome.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
It is clog the lane for Lebron. Double team him and triple team him in on drives. But give him the three as he wants.
Problem is Lebron can no longer fast enough to by him man like Murray and the Lakers offense can look stagnant.
The key is ball and player movement. But nobody but AD wants to shoot the final shot. Danny Green and Rondo are big keys for they can do it.
Howard can slow down the Joker. Nobody else can. Play him. McGee seems to be useless.

It's not so much that Lebron took and missed those late threes, it's that they were just awful attempts. Two were deep contested fadeaways and another, which was his worst possession, was a post pump fake toss that missed everything. Lebron will see a wall, but he has to run plays for higher percentage attempts.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:27 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

All great points except this one:
laker50 wrote:

He definitely had a bad game, made a couple of bad decisions. He's been acceptable to very good in most other games. The kid's gutsy, I think he'll turn it around, I'm rooting for him to come back strong.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

It was not so much the Nuggets, "figured out", LeBron, it was more so he had a bizarre bad 2nd half with his decision making.

Nuggets needed this W, it's rare to see LeBron play that bad in the 2nd half, he will make adjustments in G3.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Lakers will definitely need to counter and make adjustments in game 3.

Pretty fortunate to be up 2-0...don’t let the nuggets get encouraged.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:

Lebron can counter this easily by playing off the ball and posting up but Vogel won't call him out, will need someone like Rondo to take the reigns and get him attacking in different areas.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:01 am    Post subject:

We need a bit more posting up in general. AD attacking Jokic killed last game. Wouldn't surprise me if AD was way more aggressive early on. But LeBron with some inside-out possessions like that. Even give Dwight a couple looks against Jokic would be interesting curveball to see if we can get some fouls.

I think things definitely bogged down when the Nuggets had Dozier in there kind of zoning up off ball on the nail area. That clogged the paint. I suspect we will see some more off-ball screening action to make them pay a bit for their help D.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:11 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
We need a bit more posting up in general. AD attacking Jokic killed last game. Wouldn't surprise me if AD was way more aggressive early on. But LeBron with some inside-out possessions like that. Even give Dwight a couple looks against Jokic would be interesting curveball to see if we can get some fouls.

I think things definitely bogged down when the Nuggets had Dozier in there kind of zoning up off ball on the nail area. That clogged the paint. I suspect we will see some more off-ball screening action to make them pay a bit for their help D.

Malone put Dozier for the same reason, clog up the lane . He also has enough length and quickness to rotate to our shooters. I think Malone want to disrupt Rondo as his first intention then when Dozier started taking charge, he gave him extended time .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: