Did Jerry West Screw The Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846874-jerry-west-i-get-too-much-credit-for-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-to-clippers

You can’t get credit for the signings and no blame when it fails
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846874-jerry-west-i-get-too-much-credit-for-kawhi-leonard-paul-george-to-clippers

Man, I still remember falling asleep waiting for the Kawhi drama (and following the incredible LG poster adventure tracking down Kawhi in LA on some secret meeting with AD/LeBron... epic) then waking up to the Kawhi-PG signing by Clipper at midnight with an earthquake to boot. Jerry West deserves all the credit and the players/coaches deserves all the blame, they were and still are stacked, just choked
rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: Did Jerry West Screw The Clippers?

Megaton wrote:
Gave up 5 first round picks, SGA and Gallo for a guy that made less FGs than that in Game 7, Kawhi and Pandemic P now with one year left on their contracts before they split, and Harrell is a FA who’s gonna command a lot of money. Doc Rivers likely ain’t gonna get fired despite his choking coaching history so Zubac will never get starting minutes like he should, and Lou Will is unplayable in the playoffs.

For a guy that will likely be touted as one of the best executives in NBA history, he sure pulled a stinker for the Clippers in his likely last front office job.

Sam Presti is looking like a god right now with all those picks from the Rockets and Clippers though.

Nash deal hurt the lakers for a decade. doubt the clippers will still make the playoffs each year
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:

Man, I still remember falling asleep waiting for the Kawhi drama (and following the incredible LG poster adventure tracking down Kawhi in LA on some secret meeting with AD/LeBron... epic) then waking up to the Kawhi-PG signing by Clipper at midnight with an earthquake to boot. Jerry West deserves all the credit and the players/coaches deserves all the blame, they were and still are stacked, just choked

Well, the days before the signing with us stalking his private jet were epic. Also the guy who made a photo of Kawhi buying something in San Diego and how that meants that he was not going to stay in Toronto. Well, that was actually true I guess
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject:

im done with the Jerry West thing. Wish him well going forward.
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject:

I'm of the opinion that West received entirely too much credit for Kawhi signing with Clippers so I do not believe he deserves blame if the signing and PG13 trade turns out to be folly.

West's contributions to Clippers signing Kawhi and trading for PG13 was simply a convenient narrative of the incompetent Lakers FO that the media ran with. There was very little credible evidence that West played some important role last offseason.

Kawhi and his uncle dennis made all the demands and orchestrated everything. Once they dictated the terms to Clippers, Clippers simply made a deal that OKC would be stupid to refuse. There was no Jerry West magic anywhere in the entire affair
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: