So... that WISH jersey patch contract is up, right?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cyborgspider
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: So... that WISH jersey patch contract is up, right?

Aside from the garish banana yellow, the worst part of the Nike unis, although we've probably gotten used to by now, is the WISH sponsorship.

I'm not saying get rid of them, they're not as obtrusive as OKC's or Chicago's ZENNI patches, but you got the most popular player on the most popular NBA team who just won a title and might win another, well then, isn't it time to pony up some $$$?

Lakers should fetch a higher price than GS and Rakuten, so whatever puts more money into Jeannie's pocket and reinvested into the team, I'm all for. Just consider something better than a dollar-brand Amazon knock-off that hawks chinese imitations on its platform

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-wish-jersey-20170922-story.html
2022 - New Orleans
2023 - Own or New Orleans' Pick
2024 - Own (Likely)
2025 - New Orleans
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Is this a fundraiser for LG to become the official sponsorship?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: So... that WISH jersey patch contract is up, right?

cyborgspider wrote:
Aside from the garish banana yellow, the worst part of the Nike unis, although we've probably gotten used to by now, is the WISH sponsorship.

I'm not saying get rid of them, they're not as obtrusive as OKC's or Chicago's ZENNI patches, but you got the most popular player on the most popular NBA team who just won a title and might win another, well then, isn't it time to pony up some $$$?

Lakers should fetch a higher price than GS and Rakuten, so whatever puts more money into Jeannie's pocket and reinvested into the team, I'm all for. Just consider something better than a dollar-brand Amazon knock-off that hawks chinese imitations on its platform

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-wish-jersey-20170922-story.html

I wish

The only sponsorship was on the back of the Jersey...front should only be the team name.

#BannersOverBillboards
RJ 21
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:13 am    Post subject: Re: So... that WISH jersey patch contract is up, right?

cyborgspider wrote:

Do you think the Wish sponsorship was cheap? Don't get me wrong... they sell a lot of trash, but that's just it: they sell a lot. I'm fairly confident that they paid big bucks for that patch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

^They’re paying between $12-$14 million per year on a three year deal, according to the article.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

I’ve always believed we should have gotten the Disney patches over Orlando. Who cares what they were offering. The Magic are getting paid to rep Disney World. But the Lakers could have supported Disneyland, Disney Studios in Burbank, Pixar, The Muppets, & Lucas Films, which are all based in California.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: