Zo Signs With Klutch Sports
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aiel
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 May 2001
Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Zo Signs With Klutch Sports

MJST wrote:
Tanlentueux wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1305488468001386497?s=19

Could a reunion be in the cards? I'd be down with that.


Yuck. That boat has sailed. No thanks.
When I see Tatum blossom, I just wanna cry.


He'd have been traded for Davis too. So you'd probably feel the way you do when you see BI win the Most Improved Player award.

None of our draft picks(bar Kuzma) would have survived getting AD, so it's best not to dwell on who we didn't draft, as none of them but Kuzma would still be here currently.


Yes tatum would have been traded to N.O. but at least he wouldn't be on the Celtics. Big difference.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15926

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:17 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Zo at $10mil per, what’s the comp in that price range (Makes KCP a real steal)?


I have no idea how much someone will offer Zo.

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright


I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 62656
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Zo at $10mil per, what’s the comp in that price range (Makes KCP a real steal)?


I have no idea how much someone will offer Zo.

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright


I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?


Would rather have Kieff. Montrezl became unplayable in the playoffs.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Pipedream:
CP3
Caruso
LeBron
Jerami
Anthony Davis

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 30802
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Zo at $10mil per, what’s the comp in that price range (Makes KCP a real steal)?


I have no idea how much someone will offer Zo.

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright


I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?


Would rather have Kieff. Montrezl became unplayable in the playoffs.


Why was he so good in the regular season but so bad in the playoffs? Who is a similar player to Harrell historically?
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2269

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

^ remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?
Hahaha. What an insult to Rodman. And what an insult to the term modern day.
_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Justin Holiday, Shaquille Harrison, Paul Millsap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23963

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know


He is not a guy I would look at hard if I was the Lakers.

He just cannot shoot and I doubt he will be a starter again in the league, certainly not for a contending team.


Right now, Ball is probably a fringe starter. Don't think many people would rank him higher than the 25th best point guard or so. His value is more in what you think he could become than what he is right now.


That sounds about right. Overall, he's not a bad player, but he's not a good player, either. It's all about what you think he might become.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 13836

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know


He is not a guy I would look at hard if I was the Lakers.

He just cannot shoot and I doubt he will be a starter again in the league, certainly not for a contending team.


Right now, Ball is probably a fringe starter. Don't think many people would rank him higher than the 25th best point guard or so. His value is more in what you think he could become than what he is right now.


That sounds about right. Overall, he's not a bad player, but he's not a good player, either. It's all about what you think he might become.


He tracks as pre-injury Shaun Livingston. Maybe he becomes a rich man's Brian Shaw.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 18300
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
^ remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?
Hahaha. What an insult to Rodman. And what an insult to the term modern day.


He averaged 3 REBOUNDS PER GAME during the playoffs.
_________________
#17 FOR KOBE: JOB'S FINISHED.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2269

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:
^ remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?
Hahaha. What an insult to Rodman. And what an insult to the term modern day.


He averaged 3 REBOUNDS PER GAME during the playoffs.


Modern day Robert Sacre
_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Justin Holiday, Shaquille Harrison, Paul Millsap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 2416

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject:

I want Lonzo to go to Knicks or Bulls. I like him with LaMelo but i think they'll be on separate teams prob.

Lonzo +_ DAntoni would be fun but also (bleep) the Pels lol
_________________
24
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10074

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
danzag wrote:
epic_ wrote:
^ remember when Trez called himself the modern day Rodman?
Hahaha. What an insult to Rodman. And what an insult to the term modern day.


He averaged 3 REBOUNDS PER GAME during the playoffs.


Modern day Robert Sacre


Montrez would be perfect on the Knicks, with their plethora of useless power forwards. The Clips should have just traded Trez straight up for Morris. 😝
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2001
Posts: 3480

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know

And that percentage is from this last year--the best of his free throw percentages. A point guard who cannot shoot free throws is a real problem. Salesmen would love it since we would be constantly throwing things at the screens and breaking the televisions.


And ur current PG Avery took .5 free throws per game. 😂

No, the starting offensive pg (in terms of initiating the offense and distributing the ball) for the Lakers is Lebron James. Lebron, not Avery, is the one driving towards the basket and and drawing fouls. I don't expect Avery to get very many free throws at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 14041

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know

And that percentage is from this last year--the best of his free throw percentages. A point guard who cannot shoot free throws is a real problem. Salesmen would love it since we would be constantly throwing things at the screens and breaking the televisions.


And ur current PG Avery took .5 free throws per game. 😂

No, the starting offensive pg (in terms of initiating the offense and distributing the ball) for the Lakers is Lebron James. Lebron, not Avery, is the one driving towards the basket and and drawing fouls. I don't expect Avery to get very many free throws at all.


lonzo will replace Avery and thats going to be his role. Avery took 0.5FTs this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23963

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know


He is not a guy I would look at hard if I was the Lakers.

He just cannot shoot and I doubt he will be a starter again in the league, certainly not for a contending team.


Right now, Ball is probably a fringe starter. Don't think many people would rank him higher than the 25th best point guard or so. His value is more in what you think he could become than what he is right now.


That sounds about right. Overall, he's not a bad player, but he's not a good player, either. It's all about what you think he might become.


He tracks as pre-injury Shaun Livingston. Maybe he becomes a rich man's Brian Shaw.


I can remember that Bill Simmons used to express a lot of frustration with Livingston, so that may be dead on the money.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 15926

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
governator wrote:
Zo at $10mil per, what’s the comp in that price range (Makes KCP a real steal)?


I have no idea how much someone will offer Zo.

That said, $10 million puts you with Matthew Dellavedova, Dante Exum, and Delon Wright


I'd take Lonzo over those guys... what about Clippers UFA, any $10mil-er, Montrezl? Marcus Morris?


Would rather have Kieff. Montrezl became unplayable in the playoffs.


Why was he so good in the regular season but so bad in the playoffs? Who is a similar player to Harrell historically?


Faried Manimal?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1852

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
AD23 wrote:
56% FT

That’s all you need to know

And that percentage is from this last year--the best of his free throw percentages. A point guard who cannot shoot free throws is a real problem. Salesmen would love it since we would be constantly throwing things at the screens and breaking the televisions.


And ur current PG Avery took .5 free throws per game. 😂

No, the starting offensive pg (in terms of initiating the offense and distributing the ball) for the Lakers is Lebron James. Lebron, not Avery, is the one driving towards the basket and and drawing fouls. I don't expect Avery to get very many free throws at all.


lonzo will replace Avery and thats going to be his role. Avery took 0.5FTs this year.

What y'all are not accounting for is the aging of LeBron. We can't continue with 1 dimensional offensive players around him. That's what makes tht so intriguing. Rondo is a threat to create off the dribble....lonzo.....needs a lot of work to be a contributor on a playoff team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2017
Posts: 1179

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject:

I'd take Zo back, but what could we trade for him?
_________________
17 99 19 22 44 13
25 33 52 32 42 34
8 24 16 23 3 Mic.

48 49 50 52 53 54 72 80 82
85 87 88 00 01 02 09 10 20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 5985

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 am    Post subject:

His free throw % increased to a whopping 56% this year. Imagine if he ever became good enough to induce a hack-a-lonzo, how would his team handle the situation?
_________________
In Loving Memory of the Black Mamba!
1978-2020
Posterizer!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 23963

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
His free throw % increased to a whopping 56% this year. Imagine if he ever became good enough to induce a hack-a-lonzo, how would his team handle the situation?


It's not a question of Hack-A-Ball. That has always been a debatable strategy, whether it involved Shaq or Howard or whoever. The serious problem is more nuanced. Suppose we have a small lead in the last minute or so. Lonzo is bringing the ball up the court. If he is a 50% free throw shooter, the opposing coach will often tell his players to foul him. If someone else brings the ball up the court, they can't pass it to Lonzo, because he would immediately be fouled. He would be such a liability in that sort of situation that he would have to be hidden on the bench.

That's the real point here. It's not that Ball shoots so many free throws that his percentage is a big deal in isolation. It's that he would be a prime target for tactical fouling at the end of games.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 2269

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I'd take Zo back, but what could we trade for him?


Zo makes $11M next year. So trades wouldn't be that difficult when matching money. But I just dont see the Pels trading him unless there's an offer that blows them away. And I don't think the Lakers should sweeten the pot with picks to get him. Especially with Rich Paul being his agent and RFA coming up.

I guess it also depends on what the Pels do with Jrue Holiday.
_________________
💜💛 🏆

FA targets: Justin Holiday, Shaquille Harrison, Paul Millsap
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 551

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 109148

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:15 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.


Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Rek
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 2151
Location: SoCal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.


Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.

Yup, I like Rondo maybe more than most. But, he hasn't been particularly dependable during the regular season. Bron can't play all the minutes. We could definitely use another primary ball handler and facilitator.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 62656
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.


Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.


The wheels already fell off. He's barely a threat to drive and finish.

He's rely on all of the veteran savvy in the world (pushing pace, using simplified mid-transition playmaking) to make himself effective.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

Pipedream:
CP3
Caruso
LeBron
Jerami
Anthony Davis

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 109148

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
do we have a need for lonzo? in the future, perhaps.. but his strongest aspect is his passing... and lebron is gonna be the primary playmaker... at least during the regular season.

Rondo is 34, he's streaky, but he's a hell of a facilitator. and you now he has your back going into battle. always. lonzo? eh, not so much.

i say the pels just resign all the kids and roll with them an zion. let it all pan out to see what they actually have.


Next season Rondo is 35. At some point the wheels will fall off. Seems like playoff Rondo is real, but his regular season play was pretty poor. So we would need someone to be dependable during the regular season.


The wheels already fell off. He's barely a threat to drive and finish.

He's rely on all of the veteran savvy in the world (pushing pace, using simplified mid-transition playmaking) to make himself effective.


Agreed. Would be ideal as a 3rd PG off the bench given his age.
_________________
Mission accomplished for Kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB