🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Firing coaches every year means the problem is management. That means management would be next to be canned. The reason why some organizations like the Cowboys keeps their bad coaches is because it keeps the hot seat on their coaches while deflecting the front office from responsibility, even though they are responsible for building a bad team.

GM's are canned every year. Dallas's GM is the owner so he'll keep his job. If Jerry weren't the owner he'd have been gone. Most GM's when fired seldom get another chance at the position. That's owners deflecting.

SIDE NOTE:
Steelers & Ravens playing now. NBC 4 Los Angeles

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Steelers go 11-0.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

For reasons, I can't explain I don't believe in the Steelers. Maybe it's optics.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
For reasons, I can't explain I don't believe in the Steelers. Maybe it's optics.

I think they are a good team but honestly I rank Kansas City ahead of them for sure in the AFC and probably Tennessee too despite the fact the Steelers are undefeated.

That said, they have done a great job this season and have a balanced team on both sides of the ball with experienced players and good coaching.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think they are a good team but honestly I rank Kansas City ahead of them for sure in the AFC and probably Tennessee too despite the fact the Steelers are undefeated.

That said, they have done a great job this season and have a balanced team on both sides of the ball with experienced players and good coaching.

KC has that gear I don't think any other team can get to.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
BLM is important, but Lynn hasn't done a good job. His performance is a big reason that they are losing games. Look, Byron Scott was a "good coach" at one point...until he wasn't. Lynn isn't doing a good job. They have to make a change at the end of the season.

Noting some of the things Lynn has done leads me to think his performance will be the reason for his dismissal.

Putting on my SAS hat. How many White coaches have been as dismal in their performances and are keeping their jobs?

I'm of the school race shouldn't be a factor but in reality, it is. Trumpeting Trump "It is what it is."

Lots of white coaches get fired after 1 year in the NFL. This isn't really a race issue, Lynn will probably be kept because they are the Chargers, they keep coaches who should have been fired and fire the ones that have done good.

It isn't? Look at totality. 68% of NFL players are African-American. Fewer than 10 percent of the NFL's head coaches are black. Not one of the five new head coaches hired after the 2019 NFL regular season is black.

You would think more black players would become coaching candidates and that over time, teams would almost have to hire them because there would be so many qualified candidates. I think 3 head coaches is a really shocking number honestly. 68% of the players are black but only 9% of the coaches are.

I probably won’t say much more about this. Those numbers made me curious when I saw them.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Chiefs are a better team despite their record. They are the defending champs with the best QB in the league.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject:

The Steelers have been winning ugly. Tomlin isn't happy with the way they are winning.

Mike Tomlin shows his frustration following Steelers' 'unacceptable' performance in win over Ravens

LINK

Quote:
"To be bluntly honest, I'm really disappointed in our performance tonight," Tomlin said, via Will Graves of the Associated Press. "We did enough to win tonight, that's all."

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

They’re not going to win with Big Ben dictating the offensive output and throwing it 45+ times. For a dominant team, they don’t run it nearly enough. That could come to bite them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They’re not going to win with Big Ben dictating the offensive output and throwing it 45+ times. For a dominant team, they don’t run it nearly enough. That could come to bite them.

They aren't good at running the ball, so they are wise to employ a quick-release, high-percentage passing attack. They don't have difference-making running backs, and their offensive line is no longer a dominant run-blocking unit.

The Chiefs look like the better team, but if the Steelers can hold on to that #1 seed, it means they get the first round bye while everybody else in the AFC (including the Chiefs) has to play an extra playoff game. Not to mention that KC would have to travel to Pittsburgh in a possible AFC Championship game. Without fans, most likely, but still, you'd rather play at home. I'd still bet on the Chiefs if I had to, though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They aren't good at running the ball, so they are wise to employ a quick-release, high-percentage passing attack. They don't have difference-making running backs, and their offensive line is no longer a dominant run-blocking unit.

The Chiefs look like the better team, but if the Steelers can hold on to that #1 seed, it means they get the first round bye while everybody else in the AFC (including the Chiefs) has to play an extra playoff game. Not to mention that KC would have to travel to Pittsburgh in a possible AFC Championship game. Without fans, most likely, but still, you'd rather play at home. I'd still bet on the Chiefs if I had to, though.

Dink and dunk is a good offense if your defense is good. It eats up the clock and can put points on the board. If that's your offense you should also have a good 2 minute offense.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Roethlisberger used to hold the ball the longest. Now he's getting rid of it in just about the shortest time of any QB. I actually think they've been a little too pass-happy inside the 10-yard-line at times, but I think their philosophy and offensive coaching/scheming this season has been pretty strong. Short, quick passes limit the opportunity for turnovers, as well, and when you have a defense like that and can move the ball offensively at an above-average rate, you have a contender.

If the Steelers actually play the Chiefs, the Chiefs' defensive deficiency is with their inability to stop the run, whereas they are good against the pass. Which the Steelers don't do well offensively, run the ball. So that might play into KC's hands.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

That's why Tomlin went to the quick pass offense. It has its weaknesses in the red zone. It's all packed in. That's where you need a run game so they don't sit on the pass.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Chargers getting destroyed at home by a subpar Patriots team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers getting destroyed at home by a subpar Patriots team.

Jeff Miller covers the Chargers for the LA Times...

Jeff Miller
@JeffMillerLAT
¡
25m
I've been in this business 35 years. The past two weeks with the #Chargers is the worst stretch of coaching I've ever seen, regardless of sport.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject:

The Chargers' special teams yesterday:

--Allowed a punt return TD

--Allowed a blocked FG return for a TD

--Missed a FG

--Allowed another long punt return

--Twice had only 10 men on the field in punt return coverage

--Once had 12 men on the field in punt return coverage

It was the worst special teams EPA (expected points allowed) since 2000 in the NFL.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:45 pm    Post subject:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/09/browns-giants-flexed-to-sunday-night-in-week-15/

Quote:
Browns-Giants flexed to Sunday night in Week 15

Neither the Browns nor the Giants were scheduled to play a Sunday night game this year, but the NFL has decided to move their Week 15 game into primetime.

The league announced on Wednesday that the game between the two teams at MetLife Stadium will be moved to an 8:20 p.m. ET kickoff on NBC. They will take the place of the 49ers and Cowboys, who will now play in Dallas at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.

While the Cowboys are always good for ratings, it’s easy to understand why the league has made the change. The Browns have secured their first winning season since 2007 and are closing in on their first playoff berth since 2002 while the Giants are currently in first place in the NFC East.

The Cowboys are 3-9 after Tuesday night’s loss and the 49ers slipped to 5-7 with Monday’s loss to the Bills.

The NFL also announced that the Jets-Rams game for that Sunday will be played at 4:05 p.m. ET on FOX.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:30 pm    Post subject:

I didn't watch the Pittsburgh game. Was the lack of a running game responsible for the loss?

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Chiefs are a better team despite their record. They are the defending champs with the best QB in the league.

I think I've seen Patrick Mahomes stumped twice so far in 3 years

1.1st Half of the AFC title game in 2019
2.Superbowl through 3 quarters

This sounds like an exaggeration but it's not as far fetched as you think most likely! As long as he's playing with those skills players + coach and a competent defense...it's going to take a masterful effort to beat them.

I mean (bleep), you can't give him the ball in under 2 minutes left with anything but a 9 point lead, you know damn well he's going to the tie the game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Tua ain't no joke. He's putting the pill in the palms of his receivers. Mahomes has been intercepted 3 times. KC up 30 24, 4:15 left to go. Good game.

panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tua ain't no joke. He's putting the pill in the palms of his receivers. Mahomes has been intercepted 3 times. KC up 30 24, 4:15 left to go. Good game.

Xavien Howrd is up to 9 INTs this season. I hope he gets the All-Pro nod.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Tua looked better when running the 2 minute spread offense as opposed to the archaic I formation stuff Gailey's got him running to start games.

Tough loss, I wanted to beat KC. The safety and just 3 pts off turnovers did us in.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Herbert looked mighty impressive on that last drive. The Falcons are really terrible tho.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject:

CMC and Terry McLaurin tanked my fantasy playoffs chances this year...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:52 pm    Post subject:

The Chargers had another embarrassing clock mismanagement at the end of the first half. Yes, I know they won, but their entire coaching staff is an abomination.

The Eagles were markedly better with Jalen Hurts today. Amazing what happens when your QB isn't taking sacks all the time.

The Steelers' offense looks broken. They can't run it at all, and most of the time don't even pretend to try.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 19 of 335
Jump to: