🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Only way KC loses is if they meltdown on special teams and defense...
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
[
Ya. Just as tough as kicking a FG down 8 inside the 10 with 2 mins left in the game.

Making the FG makes in a 5 pt game instead of an 8 pt game...in other words, you still need a TD. So why not go for it from the 8 yard line as even if you fail you have them pinned at the 8 or even closer to their own goal line.

By kicking the FG, you not only do nothing for the scoreboard but you give up field position as well.

Instead the French guy kicks the FG and surrenders the game. Just a brutally bad decision along with King getting beat for a bomb on the last play of the first half for a TD, inexcusable and just too many of those errors for GB despite Brady trying to give them the game in the 2nd half.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Regarding Rodgers possibly not being Green Bay's QB next season, if he isn't it won't be because they don't want him back. He has enough cache to where if he absolutely does not want to be there, he will put pressure on them and force a trade. I'm not saying that he will want that, and I'm sure he's quite upset after losing today, especially in the way that they did. They've gone 26-6 in the last 2 regular seasons so they obviously have a good team. But if he hates the coach and is livid at the decisions today, who knows.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
[
Ya. Just as tough as kicking a FG down 8 inside the 10 with 2 mins left in the game.

Making the FG makes in a 5 pt game instead of an 8 pt game...in other words, you still need a TD. So why not go for it from the 8 yard line as even if you fail you have them pinned at the 8 or even closer to their own goal line.

By kicking the FG, you not only do nothing for the scoreboard but you give up field position as well.

Instead the French guy kicks the FG and surrenders the game. Just a brutally bad decision along with King getting beat for a bomb on the last play of the first half for a TD, inexcusable and just too many of those errors for GB despite Brady trying to give them the game in the 2nd half.

I can't recall a football coach in existence who has kicked it in that scenario.

Hell, I recall a Broncos/Patriots game from the 2015 ACF title game where B.B went for it like 2-3 times inside the 20...because he was concerned he'd ever get that close against the Broncos defense again.

The Packers coach was essentially playing to win it in regulation, instead of trying to tie the game and head into OT.

He put a bet on forcing a Tampa Bay 3 and out, versus giving his defense multiple chances to stop the bucs if he hedged towards ultimately heading into OT.

The above is why I imagine the probabilities would lean heavily towards going for the TD.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

^
I saw on Twitter, it was the first time a coach kicked a FG in the final 4 minutes with his team trailing by 4-8 points since Dan Quinn (surprise surprise!) in 2015.

Oh, and Sean McDermott just kicked another FG on 4th and relatively short with his team down by 12. YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN THIS GAME KICKING FIELD GOALS, COACH.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

The Chiefs are fun. Meanwhile, Buffalo is kicking FG's on 4th and short and not using their QB's legs to their advantage in a must-win game on 3rd downs.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject:

This is 4 down territory Buffalo.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Bills are finished, Mahomes too good and McDermott coaching scared.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

KC seems to like 1 score games this year, they tend to win them though.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Allen is slick.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Lots of balls of receivers hands in both games today.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

That should be the ballgame. Finally, it looks like KC will cover!

With KC's offense looking like it's kicked into high gear, I'm guessing they will open as 3-point favorites over TB, even with the game in Tampa. Make no mistake, though: the Bucs will have a real chance to win. Their defensive line is great and their secondary has picked it up after a dreadful stretch. Still, it will be critical that their safeties get healthy, given that Travis Kelce is coming to town.

I don't see Andy Reid coaching scared against them, though. And I thought the Chiefs actually played nervously for most of last year's Super Bowl, so perhaps this year they will know what to expect and loosen up a little bit.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Game seems like a foregone conclusion since the Chiefs have so much offensive firepower even when they were down early. The first game was much more competitive since you have two aging QB's trying to get another chance at a Super Bowl and both teams did their best to try to give the game away.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Game seems like a foregone conclusion since the Chiefs have so much offensive firepower even when they were down early. The first game was much more competitive since you have two aging QB's trying to get another chance at a Super Bowl and both teams did their best to try to give the game away.

Yeah, once it became clear that Mahomes was fine and moving pretty well, and once they scored TD's on their next two drives after the opening drive 3-and-out and the muffed punt, McDermott should have seen that it was going to be a high-scoring game, not one you could try to pull out 20-17 or something like that. They should have been more aggressive going for touchdowns, and for sure Josh Allen should've felt more of a sense of urgency in running the ball himself (it's worked when he's done it!), considering that they haven't been able to get the ball to Diggs easily today. This should have been a pull-out-all-the-stops game for Buffalo, but they seemingly didn't treat it as such.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Allen is slick.

His development is pretty amazing for somebody who couldn't even get an offer to play football at Fresno State.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Take Mahomes out. No need to risk an injury here, game’s in the bag.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Allen has 88 yards rushing and has ran whenever he's wanted to. Should've done it more. It's the one consistent thing that has worked every time for them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Ooh, LT Eric Fisher hurt his Achilles and is out. If he's out for the Super Bowl, that's a big loss for KC.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Buffalo goes for 2 down by 17, for some reason. The coaching today has been less than ideal. They got the onside kick but they are now down 3 scores.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Super Bowl line opens at KC -3.5, with a 57.5 Over/Under.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

KC is a machine, TB will be an underdog even with home field.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Tyreek Hill went nuclear in the last game at Tampa Bay in the first quarter. You have to think that they make an effort to not allow that to happen again. I could see Kelce having a huge game because of that. Still, it's really hard to completely take away Hill, given how explosive the Chiefs offense is.

The GOAT against the current best player in the game. Hopefully we get a good one.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tyreek Hill went nuclear in the last game at Tampa Bay in the first quarter. You have to think that they make an effort to not allow that to happen again. I could see Kelce having a huge game because of that. Still, it's really hard to completely take away Hill, given how explosive the Chiefs offense is.

The GOAT against the current best player in the game. Hopefully we get a good one.

If I recall, much of that was on Murphy-Bunting who had to play on the outside because Jamel Dean was out that game. Murphy-Bunting in ok (at best) in the slot, but he is not very good trying to match up on the outside.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Not surprised Andy is his mentor of course he's scared.

I mean I won't bother with this SB but good luck Chiefs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

If I recall, much of that was on Murphy-Bunting who had to play on the outside because Jamel Dean was out that game. Murphy-Bunting in ok (at best) in the slot, but he is not very good trying to match up on the outside.

I thought it was Davis that Hill was roasting, but I could be wrong. Hill's speed is just so difficult to contend with. Unlike other great WR's, Hill is harder to completely take away because he's so quick that you can still get the ball to him near the line of scrimmage, even on runs, and he can still pick up yards for you.

I got roasted a little bit on Twitter like 2 or 3 years ago when I said that I would rather have Tyreek on my team over Julio Jones. Doesn't seem so crazy now, does it?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 40 of 335
Jump to: