šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

The Steelers just turned on a dime in terms of capabilities and deficiencies. A couple of years ago I mentioned that the Steelers had the best WRs and RB in the NFL, and a QB that I felt took too long to get rid of the ball. Roethlisberger gets rid of that ball as fast as any QB, but that offense is now plagued by WR ball-drops, and a substandard running game (some of that is the offensive line rather than the RBs).

That once-impressive record was the product of some favorable scheduling and circumstances. They look pretty damn vulnerable.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
The Steelers just turned on a dime in terms of capabilities and deficiencies. A couple of years ago I mentioned that the Steelers had the best WRs and RB in the NFL, and a QB that I felt took too long to get rid of the ball. Roethlisberger gets rid of that ball as fast as any QB, but that offense is now plagued by WR ball-drops, and a substandard running game (some of that is the offensive line rather than the RBs).

That once-impressive record was the product of some favorable scheduling and circumstances. They look pretty damn vulnerable.

It's definitely the offensive line for sure. They simply can't run-block. Since I've (unfortunately) had Conner and Snell on my fantasy teams at various points this year, I've been watching closely. They usually get blown off the ball whenever they call a run play. I think Fichtner is an outstanding play-caller, so I just feel like he is aware that running the ball is largely a wasted play. That said, this isn't like a dynamic QB like Mahomes getting to throw the ball almost every play. It's still a limited, short pass offense.

Now that you have some injuries on the defense, they are looking very vulnerable, as you say.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject:

I squeaked into the playoffs in fantasy football despite dealing with ridiculous injuries all season. Im up by 35 points and my opponent has Nick Chubb playing tonight. Chubb hasn't cracked 30 points all year... But yet, here he is with almost 20 points just in the first half alone. Smh
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

It's definitely the offensive line for sure. They simply can't run-block. Since I've (unfortunately) had Conner and Snell on my fantasy teams at various points this year, I've been watching closely. They usually get blown off the ball whenever they call a run play. I think Fichtner is an outstanding play-caller, so I just feel like he is aware that running the ball is largely a wasted play. That said, this isn't like a dynamic QB like Mahomes getting to throw the ball almost every play. It's still a limited, short pass offense.

Now that you have some injuries on the defense, they are looking very vulnerable, as you say.

I never thought Conner was anything special, his ascendancy was a product of the quality Pittsburgh offensive line. That same OL really helped Bell in particular as Bell was a patient, burst RB. He'd let the blocks develop and then nimbly exploit them. Conner was more of a commodity talent, but the numbers looked good while he was healthy. Now that the OL sucks, Conner has been exposed as just another guy. I haven't formed an opinion on Snell, though I kind of root for him as I like that blood-line relationship with one of my boyhood faves, Matt.

It's just weird how that team so quickly changed the character of its offense and how so many strengths (OL, RB, WR) have suddenly turned into weaknesses.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I squeaked into the playoffs in fantasy football despite dealing with ridiculous injuries all season. Im up by 35 points and my opponent has Nick Chubb playing tonight. Chubb hasn't cracked 30 points all year... But yet, here he is with almost 20 points just in the first half alone. Smh

I lost this week due to Lamar Jackson setting a NFL Monday Night Football record for rushing yards by a QB and the fact his scrubbie backup managed to injure himself or I win as Lamar would not have been in the game and I was still up.

Bitter for sure, but even with the loss I squeeked into our 4 team playoff in my big money league for the third time in my three years in the league. 2nd and 4th the last two years, maybe this is my time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:34 pm    Post subject:

I'm changing my mind about Lynn. If Taylor hadn't gone down Herbert would have not been given a chance. He's showing a lot of talent. Lighting up in Vegas. 1st possession TD 7 0 Chargers.

Looks like Carr got a groin injury on a sprint out.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

If Anthony Lynn manages to keep his job he can thank Justin Herbert for it.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Chargers finally get a break. Herbert gets a TD with that leap and win the game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If Anthony Lynn manages to keep his job he can thank Justin Herbert for it.

TRU DAT!! Herbert is real.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:43 pm    Post subject:

The Chargers coaching staff is horrific. They practically tried to lose that game, yet again. Herbert was just carving them up all night, and he threw 1 pass in the 4th quarter. One freaking pass. They had the ball twice late in regulation in plus territory, and called running plays every time. I guess when you have a kicker as bad as Michael Badgley, you just have to settle for long FG attempts to try to take the lead.

Had they let him throw on almost every down, he could have had 450 yards tonight. The Raiders were minus several starters defensively and had no prayer of stopping the pass tonight.

For the sake of this kid, I really hope Lynn gets fired and they bring a whole new staff in, one that will know how to really unlock Herbert's talents. The Chargers need to be super pass-heavy to take full advantage of their offensive potential.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

Well time for me to eat crow. I labeled the Raiders as a playoff contender during week 2; it's week 15 and they've been effectively eliminated from the playoff race. What an implosion. There's no shame losing to KC, but the performance in the subsequent four games is shameful. Being blown out by the lowly Falcons, barely squeaking by the train-wreck Jets, losing by double figures to Indy and now a loss to one of the worst-coached teams in the NFL is embarrassing.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Chargers coaching staff is horrific. They practically tried to lose that game, yet again. Herbert was just carving them up all night, and he threw 1 pass in the 4th quarter. One freaking pass. They had the ball twice late in regulation in plus territory, and called running plays every time. I guess when you have a kicker as bad as Michael Badgley, you just have to settle for long FG attempts to try to take the lead.

Had they let him throw on almost every down, he could have had 450 yards tonight. The Raiders were minus several starters defensively and had no prayer of stopping the pass tonight.

For the sake of this kid, I really hope Lynn gets fired and they bring a whole new staff in, one that will know how to really unlock Herbert's talents. The Chargers need to be super pass-heavy to take full advantage of their offensive potential.

I've been a Lynn supporter. I'm gonna be honest, tribalism. I'm getting off the bus. Lynn and company may hold Herbert back. Herbert ain't no joke. He deserves better.

oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Well time for me to eat crow. I labeled the Raiders as a playoff contender during week 2; it's week 15 and they've been effectively eliminated from the playoff race. What an implosion. There's no shame losing to KC, but the performance in the subsequent four games is shameful. Being blown out by the lowly Falcons, barely squeaking by the train-wreck Jets, losing by double figures to Indy and now a loss to one of the worst-coached teams in the NFL is embarrassing.

Just insane that it's going down the same way as last year.

Every single player on defense needs to go. Of course I'm over-exaggerating a bit, but it's really that bad. Trayvon Mullen got called for PI virtually every time the ball came his way and Keisan Nixon, what the bleep were you doing allowing Guyton to get like 5 yards beyond you? Just stupidity all around.

And don't get me started on Gruden's pathetic goal line play calling. We take up a good 7 minutes in OT and drive to the 5 and then run 2 plays up the middle with a hobbled Jacobs. Then on 3rd down, we have 3 TE's and run a 3 yard out that wouldn't have even been a TD if it was complete.

You have Mariota (who came in and played great, imo). Utilize his ability to run and create. Run the read option, play action and roll out maybe? Just utterly pathetic to have to settle for, yet another FG after a great drive.

How this team beat the Saints, the Browns and the Chiefs (almost twice to boot) is just astounding.

They really need to hire Wade Phillips and shore up the defense. Our offense had 2nd and 3rd stringers all over the place and were still moving the ball and putting up points...well, until we got inside the 10, that is.

Can't believe that, even with an expanded playoffs, we still are failing to qualify. Just pathetic and it starts up at top with Gruden.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Chargers finally get a break. Herbert gets a TD with that leap and win the game.

The Chargers biggest break was playing that joke of a Raiders defense
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject:

AB making noise TB vs Atlanta. Caught some key 3rd downs and scored his first touchdown as a Buc. TB up 31, 27, 1:43 and ticking, left in the game, Bucs ball.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AB making noise TB vs Atlanta. Caught some key 3rd downs and scored his first touchdown as a Buc. TB up 31, 27, 1:43 and ticking, left in the game, Bucs ball.

Meanwhile the Pats got eliminated from the playoffs today.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Kenyan Drake might cost me a playoff W today

Come on man

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bucs are still in the hunt. I wonder what that does for the future of Cam?

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Bucs are still in the hunt. I wonder what that does for the future of Cam?

Probably exploring his options....Pats are in the middle of a rebuild.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

You can never have a big enough lead on the Chiefs. PM will keep them in the game until the last whistle.

Travis Kelce is Mahomes Gronk.

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Bucs offense looks good and is improving each week. The defense still has a ways to go before I get my playoff hopes up.
New Orleans defense is very good even if KC is putting up a 30 spot. If Brees can find his peak form then we might be seeing the superbowl matchup right now. If not, NFC is pretty wide open. AFC is KCā€™s to lose but itā€™s starting to look like a Lebron in the east situation with Mahomes/AFC.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Who'da thunk it? Browns might be a wild card.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Browns and Bills are good this year....must be 2020.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I didn't think Mahomes played well (for him) today, and the Chiefs still look like they are going through the motions half the time. They haven't covered since Week 8. That said, it shows how good they are to just keep on winning. Since they don't like to run the ball much, even if CEH is injured badly, I don't think it will affect their offense, as there's just a slight downgrade imo to Le'Veon, and, as I said, they are very pass-heavy anyway.

The Falcons blowing a big lead to Tom Brady again is hilarious.

The Jets winning today may have changed the course of the Jaguars and Jets franchises for the next 15 years or so.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:14 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Bucs offense looks good and is improving each week. The defense still has a ways to go before I get my playoff hopes up.
New Orleans defense is very good even if KC is putting up a 30 spot. If Brees can find his peak form then we might be seeing the superbowl matchup right now. If not, NFC is pretty wide open. AFC is KCā€™s to lose but itā€™s starting to look like a Lebron in the east situation with Mahomes/AFC.

Don't get your hopes up on Tampa Bay. Poor starts, poor defensive secondary and a very poor coaching spell doom. Brees looks finished, but other than that New Orleans has the most talent and consistency in the NFC. Green Bay isn't as good as their record indicates.

The team to beat in the AFC remains KC. The Bills and Browns are peaking at the right time, they are the only two teams capable of taking them out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 20 of 335
Jump to: