🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Broncos get a much-needed outside CB with Ronald Darby.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Bucs keep Gronk on a 1-year, $10MM deal. Seems awfully high for him, honestly.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Pats sign WR Kendrick Bourne. I mean, this is just silly, at this point!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Bucs keep Gronk on a 1-year, $10MM deal. Seems awfully high for him, honestly.

Does seem high, he did nothing the vast majority of the year before looking like Old Gronk in the Super Bowl.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

With Winston back to the Saints, his money vs. Taysom's money means it's a legit competition to see who starts, or maybe they will rotate during games...wouldn't that be fun!

Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Washington. I actually like that move, as he still slings it. Terry McLaurin's dynasty fantasy owners have to be loving it, because Fitzpatrick peppers his WR1 with targets, and he does so downfield. I think there's an outside chance that Taylor Heinecke steals that job from him, but I'm thinking it'll be Fitz to start most likely.

This leaves the Bears with...Andy Dalton? A trade for Marcus Mariota? Sam Darnold, perhaps? The pickings are quite slim. Their QB situation is just sad.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

The Bears did indeed sign Dalton. For their fans, sigh.

Raiders released former All-Pro C Rodney Hudson. They've now gotten rid of Hudson, 2019 all-Pro RT Trent Williams, and former all-Pro guard Richie Incognito all in less than a couple of weeks. They have LT Kolton Miller and that's about it now. I have no idea what they are doing.

Jaguars trade for Saints DT Malcom Brown (he was being shopped in the final year of his deal) and sign WR Marvin Jones for $9.2MM guaranteed. A deep threat for Trevor Lawrence.

Texans sign Tyrod Taylor for "up to" $12.5MM. I don't know what the exact guarantee is, but you don't pay a backup QB close to that kind of money unless...you know you're dealing Watson. Which I believe they will do.

EDIT: Now it's come out that the guarantee is only $6MM for Taylor, so that's more in line with backup QB money. I still think Watson gets moved though!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Titans release former USC man Adoree Jackson, then essentially replace him by signing Janoris Jenkins.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Titans release former USC man Adoree Jackson, then essentially replace him by signing Janoris Jenkins.

Every time I watched a Titans game, Adoree Jackson was getting beat deep.

Jenkins is an upgrade for them.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Washington lost Ronald Darby but replaced him pretty strongly with William Jackson, a solid player with the Bengals who is still only 28. Pretty surprisingly, the Bengals actually covered receivers decently well a season ago. I like what the WFT is building, as they are a WR2 and a franchise QB short of being serious contenders imo.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

Just a huge keep for the 49ers with LT Trent Williams. They also got C Alex Mack, who has played for Kyle Shanahan before. Solidifying that O-line for sure in San Francisco.

Arizona signed AJ Green. Why, I don't know. Arizona is just finalizing a trade for Raiders former All-Pro C Rodney Hudson, which is a nice move.

The top WR's are still out there (Golladay, Fuller).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject:

Now the Raiders have brought back Richie Incognito. Takes care of one guard spot, and they also re-signed Denzelle Goode, who is more of a backup, ideally.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
The Bears did indeed sign Dalton. For their fans, sigh.

Raiders released former All-Pro C Rodney Hudson. They've now gotten rid of Hudson, 2019 all-Pro RT Trent Williams, and former all-Pro guard Richie Incognito all in less than a couple of weeks. They have LT Kolton Miller and that's about it now. I have no idea what they are doing.

Jaguars trade for Saints DT Malcom Brown (he was being shopped in the final year of his deal) and sign WR Marvin Jones for $9.2MM guaranteed. A deep threat for Trevor Lawrence.

Texans sign Tyrod Taylor for "up to" $12.5MM. I don't know what the exact guarantee is, but you don't pay a backup QB close to that kind of money unless...you know you're dealing Watson. Which I believe they will do.

EDIT: Now it's come out that the guarantee is only $6MM for Taylor, so that's more in line with backup QB money. I still think Watson gets moved though!

Story of my fandom...lol

But, honestly, good riddance to Trent Brown. Dude did nothing for them the two years he was here so losing him his no biggie, imo. Sucks Hudson is also gone, but at least they ended up getting a 3rd rounder for him as opposed to just releasing. They're supposed to be cutting Gabe Jackson as well, but last I hear he's still on the roster so maybe there's another trade. But definitely mind-boggling. Incognito back helps and they also re-signed Denzelle Good, who filled in great for Trent Brown last year. So, hopefully there'll be more signings and it's basically a no-brainer, they'll end up drafting a lineman or two.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Now the Raiders have brought back Richie Incognito. Takes care of one guard spot, and they also re-signed Denzelle Goode, who is more of a backup, ideally.

Prefaced this in my post above, but Denzelle Good was played pretty damn well in Trent Brown's repeated absence last year so I think he'll step up starter role, unless, of course, more o-line signings are to come. But great signing. He knows the office and can play multiple positions.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

^
Trent Brown was an All-Pro for the Raiders in 2019. In any case, we'll see what they are able to do, but their roster moves and draft picks over the last 2-3 years don't leave me with a ton of optimism.

Gerald Everett leaves the Rams (expectedly), and gets $6MM from Seattle on a 1-year deal.

Golladay has a 1 year, "prove it" offer in hand from the Bengals, and is visiting the Giants.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Trent Brown was an All-Pro for the Raiders in 2019. In any case, we'll see what they are able to do, but their roster moves and draft picks over the last 2-3 years don't leave me with a ton of optimism.

Gerald Everett leaves the Rams (expectedly), and gets $6MM from Seattle on a 1-year deal.

Golladay has a 1 year, "prove it" offer in hand from the Bengals, and is visiting the Giants.

I suppose, but he was always injured and seemed to have checked out mentally this year. The fact we were able to get something for him and off the books is a plus, in my opinion.

I know they tend to reach on top picks and are capable of some head-scratching picks, but they haven't drafted that horribly. They do find gems such as Maxx Crosby and Hunter Renfrow along with solid pieces such as Trayvon Mullen, Josh Jacobs and Foster Moreau. Jury's still out on Jonathan Abram, Damon Arnette and others.

Year 19 of the rebuild continues!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

Washington gets Curtis Samuel, unsurprisingly. Great fit for their offense, and he has familiarity with that coaching staff.

Pats get Kyle Van Noy back. Not surprised there, either.

Vikings sign Patrick Peterson, who wasn't very good last year.

Raiders got back a 5th round pick for Gabe Jackson, who was traded to Seattle. Hey, an offensive lineman for Russell Wilson!
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

Strange how terrible Gruden and Mayock have been. Though I think the former is overrated, the latter was one of the few draft analysts who really knew his stuff. The two of them have absolutely gutted the LV OL. I wonder if they're beneficiaries on Carr's life insurance policy.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

Call me crazy, but Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah might end up being the defensive standout in this draft class. A true football player, he reads and reacts with a high football IQ. Lots of fight in this undersized dog.

Not that I put much faith in early mocks, but I really hoped Kyle Pitts would be overlooked and fall to New England. He won't, he's going to be one of the best TEs for years go come.

On that note, New England seemed to be bidding against themselves. I like Jonnu Smith, but I thought he'd clear much less in this market. I thought Hunter Henry's stats would help him earn more, despite the recurrent injuries. What they spent on Nelson Agholor defies comprehension.

I think this will be New England's Indian Summer (no offense, I am part Native). They're getting some of their aged vets back, but most of them are probably good for one more season, possibly two. I have no confidence in Cam Newton, but the overall team might have a shot at a Wild Card slot. It took some pretty good coaching to take that awful roster to 7-9. Unless Belichick pulls in a couple of good draft classes soon, this team is going to fade after this season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

My goodness, are the Raiders terrible. Gut a good O-line, then turn around and spend semi-decent money (in terms of paying RB's) on Kenyan Drake, two years after taking Josh Jacobs in the 1st Round. Which is just another example of why 1st Round RB's are not good values. But if you take one, they better be a bellcow for their rookie contract. They aren't even going to get that from Jacobs now.

Will Fuller to the Dolphins on a 1-year deal. Good move for them.

Trubisky to the Bills. I actually like that signing a lot for Buffalo. That's a big upgrade on Matt Barkley as a backup, and he has the type of mobility that is similar to Josh Allen. They can run a lot of similar play calls if he has to start a game or two, and if you think about what Daboll has done with Allen, it's a good place for Trubisky to be coached up for at least a year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

The NFL just announced its new TV deals. It's stunning. $113 BILLION over an 11-year deal. More than $10 billion per year. That's more than the entire revenue of MLB. Just in TV money. Now consider that the salary cap went DOWN this season. Just unreal.

ESPN/ABC get 2 Super Bowls over the course of the 11-year deal, with the other 3 networks getting 3 apiece. ESPN also got flexible Monday Night games anytime after Week 12, plus more playoff games (they'll get a Wild Card game and a divisional playoff game each year starting in 2023). The Thursday Night package will now be exclusively on Amazon.

Oh, and it's expected that the league will be moving to a 17-game regular season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Raiders sign Nick Martin, a poor starter with the Texans at center, to replace Hudson. Still can't rule out taking a center in the draft, but that would not be a good result if Martin is starting games.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Patriots got David Andrews back at center. Big to keep him, as it turns out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

More accusations on Deshaun Watson. I think the total number is 9. Sheer numbers make his future look dim. Guilty or no I believe he'll lose some endorsements. He allegedly assaulted the same massage therapist twice. If he assaulted her once why did she put herself in the position to have it done again?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
More accusations on Deshaun Watson. I think the total number is 9. Sheer numbers make his future look dim. Guilty or no I believe he'll lose some endorsements. He allegedly assaulted the same massage therapist twice. If he assaulted her once why did she put herself in the position to have it done again?

I've reserved comment on this situation until now. My initial gut feeling on this situation is that it looks like a shakedown to me. Could be wrong, of course.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I've reserved comment on this situation until now. My initial gut feeling on this situation is that it looks like a shakedown to me. Could be wrong, of course.

It was only a year or so ago that Watson was being hailed in Houston as a great leader in the locker room, a good guy to the lower level employees in the organization, etc.

It seems pretty obvious by the number of accusers that he has not been behaving in the way a franchise QB should behave.

However, the timing does seem odd to me as all these accusations only come out after he demands a trade out of Houston. Strange situation for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 57 of 335
Jump to: