View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Theyā€™ll probably hand Brady another MVP. But in truth it should be split between Shaq Barrett and JPP, those two (and the refs) completely wrecked KC tonight.

The Brady hate is deep in this one although what you said is true

no hate ... Brady was spectacular and only need two TDs but that Bucs D was tremendous

Not you Sir....you have no hate for Brady. Dude I should not be this much of a fanboy of Brady especially after Tuck Rule but I respect this guy's poise and leadership so much.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Brady, Brown, even Gronk... so surreal seeing them win .. people already counted them out...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Bucs are heartless lol didnt even want to concede a gentleman's touchdown to the Chiefs and were taking shots down the field after the game was well in hand
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

lol good timing with the mahomes / rodgers commercial right after tom wins it.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don't think I've seen a defense make Mahomes run for his life all game long. Talk about taking him out of the game.

lol... Bucs doubled Hill all night, and Mahomes had no answer... I tell you, Brady would've found a way to score in that position.

as good as Mahomes look, he still has a long ways to go
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:17 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:
props to Brady.. imagine if he did what everybody told him to do... retire or stay with the Pats..

Brady bet on himself and won. Big time.

He bet on a better team. The Pats are trash now and the AFC east is no longer a cakewalk with Buffalo and Miami on the upswing.

Brady leaving is what happened to the Pats.

Bucs were nowhere before Brady came to town.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Don't think I've seen a defense make Mahomes run for his life all game long. Talk about taking him out of the game.

lol... Bucs doubled Hill all night, and Mahomes had no answer... I tell you, Brady would've found a way to score in that position.

For sure, the Giants were Tom's kryptonite and harassed him nonstop and he still found a way to score off clutch drives near the end and only lost because Eli was also clutch (and lucky - Tyree)
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Chiefs were better than the Bills but strangely, against the Bucs, I think the Bills would have kept the game closer/possibly won IMO...
It's all about the matchups.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Tampa Bay Lightning wins the Cup.

Bucs wins the Bowl.

Thank goodness Cash took out Snell early.

TB - 2 LA - 2

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

audioaxes wrote:
Bucs are heartless lol didnt even want to concede a gentleman's touchdown to the Chiefs and were taking shots down the field after the game was well in hand

Wouldn't be surprised if the defense was motivated to make Mahomes look ordinary.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

1995Lakers wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Theyā€™ll probably hand Brady another MVP. But in truth it should be split between Shaq Barrett and JPP, those two (and the refs) completely wrecked KC tonight.

The Brady hate is deep in this one although what you said is true

With that said, congrats to Tampa Bay. They went out and got a veteran quarterback to throw to their talented playmakers and they attacked the FA market making boss acquisitions on defense. Their defensive transformation was remarkable. Great, great job.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Bucs played great defense today but Mahomes destroyed the 49ers defense in their last SB.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Andy Reid needs to get rid of that jock strap looking mask

Maybe coach up his kids some.

If only addiction was as simple as your parent ā€œcoachingā€ you out of it.

His kids have had tons of problems, he seems to be a leader of football teams but not a leader for his own children.

I talk with my young son about addiction regularly as I am concerned with all the hard drugs floating around out there. In my opinion, he has enabled his kids too much and now it has hurt other people and their children.

If you feel differently, I respect your opinion but save the swarmy remarks ok?

It wasn't a smarmy remark at all.

It was simply an acknowledgment of how the issue is incredibly difficult for all involved.

But I'm glad you have a lockdown on it in your household. Others aren't so lucky. Good on ya for being better at it!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Didnā€™t think Iā€™d see a guy win more than Jordan in the modern era of American pro sports. We may have a new all time GOAT. And heā€™s switched teams just to show he can do it without Bill. What a leader and player, damn.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

OT - but what a sports year for Florida in 2020

NFL - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NHL - Tampa Bay Lightning
MLB - Tampa Bay Rays
NBA - Miami Heat
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Andy Reid needs to get rid of that jock strap looking mask

Maybe coach up his kids some.

If only addiction was as simple as your parent ā€œcoachingā€ you out of it.

His kids have had tons of problems, he seems to be a leader of football teams but not a leader for his own children.

I talk with my young son about addiction regularly as I am concerned with all the hard drugs floating around out there. In my opinion, he has enabled his kids too much and now it has hurt other people and their children.

If you feel differently, I respect your opinion but save the swarmy remarks ok?

It wasn't a smarmy remark at all.

It was simply an acknowledgment of how the issue is incredibly difficult for all involved.

But I'm glad you have a lockdown on it in your household. Others aren't so lucky. Good on ya for being better at it!

You are right DMR. I apologize for my tone, just frustrating to see people still drinking and driving in this age and kids and such...I overreacted, much love to you and yours!
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:
props to Brady.. imagine if he did what everybody told him to do... retire or stay with the Pats..

He bet on a better team. The Pats are trash now and the AFC east is no longer a cakewalk with Buffalo and Miami on the upswing.

Bucs D went from bottom 5 to top 10. That was their biggest turnaround this season.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Bucs D went from bottom 5 to top 10. That was their biggest turnaround this season.

JPP, White, David, Davis...all really good players. The overall pressure on Mahomes today was vintage Ray Lewis Ravens, LT Giants, Reggie White Eagles, etc.

Last edited by LakerLanny on Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Didnā€™t think Iā€™d see a guy win more than Jordan in the modern era of American pro sports. We may have a new all time GOAT. And heā€™s switched teams just to show he can do it without Bill. What a leader and player, damn.

Its the intangibles factor. I never thought I would see anything like Jordan's competitiveness and refusal to lose. Until I saw Kobe beating Orlando and Boston (games 1-6) and thought this boy has that same "it" too but his lack of poise in game 7 vs Boston and the 2011 Dallas series really was a huge letdown for me in comparison to Jordan because not so much that they lost but how pathetic that team looked as they lost. And I gotta say, I think Brady is better than both those guys in the mental toughness department - which I cant believe I would be saying anyone would be on the level if not surpassing Kobe and MJ mentally
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I have to be honest. I thought KC would win this one. You have to give the Bucs coaching staff kudos. They had a perfect game plan and the players executed it to the T.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

My 2 best commercials Bud Lite & Verizon.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Congrats to the Bucs. Todd Bowles put together a great postseason, and they figured it all out at the right time. Brady leaving the Patriots and winning with a new team THE VERY NEXT YEAR is just beyond remarkable.

Yet the announcing team couldn't stop talking about Spagnola. Bowles and Leftwich did great jobs prepping for this. They let Kelce get his but wouldn't let Hill beat them.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
Drifts wrote:

ok. Brady was a non-factor. cheers to that. 31 pts versus the Chiefs though. LOL
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:56 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1358595957198254080

Yikes. Man, it seems like Tom's teams in big games almost ALWAYS keep him out of harms way and his team's defense in those games is almost ALWAYS stout. It doesn't matter the numbers coming into the game. After THIS much success and now with a different team, coach and system, you just gotta hand it to Tom that he might have something to do with it. Call it leadership, confidence, etc but having Brady on your team must be like having Captain America leading the charge against the bad guys.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

That was the worst performance from an offensive line I have ever seen in a long time. Bucs front 4 just ate them up. Mahomes was pressured all game and basically shut down KC offense.

Give it up the coaching staff for TB, they prepared and out coached KC. That defense showed up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 52 of 335
Jump to: