+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (09/10/20) Rd 2, Gm 4 / Gm#80 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Feb 2018
Posts: 2441

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Free throws favored the Rockets 39-16 and the Lakers comfortably won the whole game, even in the 4th quarter when the team was just coasting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 26032
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
39 free throws to 16. Wow

Hope the Rocket fans can shut up now...


They will not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 6554
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am very disappointed in lbj efforts


Come on...is that all you do is slam Lebron?

Lebron is top 5 player of all time. Deal with it...

It wasn’t just Lebron it took their foot off the gas. Others were sloppy and asleep too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Polarbear
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 693

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Lbj is not kobe


What’s your deal we absolutely do not win this without LeBron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 42059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am very disappointed in lbj efforts


16 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, +15 in 33 minutes.


Last edited by pio2u on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13362

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
3rd straight loss with Houston shooting over 40% from 3. They were 16-0 in games where they shot over 40% from 3, prior to this series.




I'm glad they got that stat up at the end. 40% from 3, 23 more FTs, still demolished
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 634

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers knew the game was over. They played like it. On to the next one
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

He only had 4 turnovers. Felt like he had 6 or 7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 2266

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Rondo:

11 points (5/8 shooting)
10 assists
8 rebounds
2 steals
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27528

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Oh hey look, Harden took 20 (bleep) free throws to our entire team's 16. We destroyed them on the glass. Destroyed them in the paint. Destroyed them in 2nd chance points. Yet this flopping sack of garbage gets a whistle EVERY, GD, TIME.

This was a 50 point beating if they called it right.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13362

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Lakers knew the game was over. They played like it. On to the next one


Rockets got to within 5 and the Lakers blew it back out to 10 in under a minute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 6554
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am very disappointed in lbj efforts


16 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, +15 in 33 minutes.


Exactly...pastor Riley, you may want another team to support because you obviously hate the best player in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 42059

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
PLAY-OFF Rondo:

11 points (5/8 shooting)
10 assists
8 rebounds
2 steals


Fixed it for ya!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 4450

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Damn it I wish I didn’t break another Charter Spectrum Cable Controller


Caruso Bails us out. Why is this even still a ball game


It's not that big of deal lol


You sound like my wife


go to hell


Well fwiw she’s told me that before too


Okay you roasted me too many times in one thread, have to leave while I have some dignity left
_________________
-------LUCKY-------
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13362

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
I am very disappointed in lbj efforts


16 points, 15 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, +15 in 33 minutes.


Exactly...pastor Riley, you may want another team to support because you obviously hate the best player in the league.


Likely an alt of a current member who probably already is supporting another team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 2190

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Harden scored 21 points going 2-11.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Harden had 21 points and took 20 free throws... that don’t make any sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
drae wrote:
39 free throws to 16. Wow

Hope the Rocket fans can shut up now...


They will not.


In DreamShake’s defense he did say he didn’t expect to win game 7 against the Thunder and for sure not win against us in Round 2 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27528

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Harden had 21 points and took 20 free throws... that don’t make any sense.



He took more free throws than our entire (bleep) team man. (bleep) that guy. Seriously, wish Malone was still playing to lay him out on a stretcher.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 23929

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Oh hey look, Harden took 20 (bleep) free throws to our entire team's 16. We destroyed them on the glass. Destroyed them in the paint. Destroyed them in 2nd chance points. Yet this flopping sack of garbage gets a whistle EVERY, GD, TIME.

This was a 50 point beating if they called it right.


We absolutely destroy them in all the categories except FT attempt.

We shoot 15/16 FT compared to them shoot 30/39 (~77%). This is an absolute joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13099
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Damn it I wish I didn’t break another Charter Spectrum Cable Controller


Caruso Bails us out. Why is this even still a ball game


It's not that big of deal lol


You sound like my wife


go to hell


Well fwiw she’s told me that before too


Okay you roasted me too many times in one thread, have to leave while I have some dignity left


I’m sorry Lucky!!!! Please don’t leave we need to talk about Westbrook’s resurgence and Passive Lebron


Don’t leave!!! It’s my fault!
https://youtu.be/WuQemHtE354
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 26032
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
drae wrote:
39 free throws to 16. Wow

Hope the Rocket fans can shut up now...


They will not.


In DreamShake’s defense he did say he didn’t expect to win game 7 against the Thunder and for sure not win against us in Round 2 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️


Did he? That’s nice. The people I know in real life who are Rockets fans including some family because I have family in Texas - yeah… They are part of #TeamPerpetualExcuses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 18632

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Lakers win.

Lakers played poorly last few minutes game got closer than it shoulda, but let's make no mistake, the officials had it out for their defense. I cannot recall the last time we had such a FT disparity...39-16?! I mean really?? Quite a few of those calls were beyond questionable; meanwhile Rockets were allowed to slap, hit, smack, etc and zero calls. It's extremely annoying to watch.


They were just reffing the score. When a team is down 20 and a call happens, they err on the side of the losing team so they aren’t kicking them when they’re down and it keeps the game interesting. If the Rockets had actually come all the way back the refs would have owed the Lakers a few.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 26032
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Damn it I wish I didn’t break another Charter Spectrum Cable Controller


Caruso Bails us out. Why is this even still a ball game


It's not that big of deal lol


You sound like my wife


go to hell


Well fwiw she’s told me that before too


Okay you roasted me too many times in one thread, have to leave while I have some dignity left


I’m sorry Lucky!!!! Please don’t leave we need to talk about Westbrook’s resurgence and Passive Lebron


Don’t leave!!! It’s my fault!
https://youtu.be/WuQemHtE354


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2834

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Harden had 21 points and took 20 free throws... that don’t make any sense.



He took more free throws than our entire (bleep) team man. (bleep) that guy. Seriously, wish Malone was still playing to lay him out on a stretcher.

I’ve watched a lot of basketball. I don’t think I’ve ever seen 2-11 for 21 points.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 37 of 39
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB