+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Houston Rockets (09/08/20) Rd 2, Gm 3 / Gm#79 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

The best part about today's win is that the Rockets wasted a rare good game by Westbrook.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
The best part about today's win is that the Rockets wasted a rare good game by Westbrook.

The rockets traded away a better player and 2 first round picks and pick swaps for a Russ.... Sam presti raped morey
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

The rockets traded away a better player and 2 first round picks and pick swaps for a Russ.... Sam presti raped morey

Presti has been fortunate due to desperate circumstances of other teams. Westbrook deal, as well as the PG13 deal. But they're OKC, all those assets will eventually be squandered away, or walk away in free agency. No way the stars align again for him like it did with "KD/Harden/Westbrook/Ibaka"
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 am    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
Hello! Former Rondo hater here. That ends tonight

until he has a bad game probably
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
818fan wrote:
Hello! Former Rondo hater here. That ends tonight

until he has a bad game probably

Honestly, a ton of his improvement is just straight up effort and that it's the Playoffs imo. I think it's kind of obvious at this point the last 3-5 years he has been coasting regular seasons outside of a few big rs matchups and waiting for the Playoffs. Obviously he wont shoot quite that well consistently but everything outside of the threes is completely sustainable for the most part (and even the threes to a degree if he's being left WIDE open he's not that bad). When his shot isn't falling but the rest is still there he's still easily one of the best role players we have and allows Lebron a much needed breather here and there on possessions which is invaluable as we get deeper and deeper in the Playoffs. Lebron is playing pretty low minutes still and it's allowing him to look ridiculously fresh late in games and that's a nightmare for any defense.

If that happens I doubt nearly as many people get on him. Look at Caruso, he's drastically worse then Rondo much of the time on offense yet people still love him and rightfully so because he's an absolute beast on defense and seems to always be in the right place on the floor. You can also see he's clearly a leader in that locker room along with Lebron. Kind of reminds of Fisher and Kobe.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:01 am    Post subject:

Easy 4-1 again!! Bring on the (bleep)...I mean the Clippers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:15 am    Post subject:

I want all yall sit Rondo, sit Kuz to apologize. When they have bad games yall be why they on the floor, need ta put so and so in their place. What's wrong with Vogel? YADA YADA YADA!!!

Bandwagoners

I don't post much in the game thread anymore because of those things. I can't enjoy the game and read the $hit. Need more positive attitudes like my peeps pio2u

Now that I've vented. Bron was a beast, a man on a mission. Rondo showed right on time. Kuz played the way he was supposed to. As a whole the Lakers played like they want a ship.

Vogels defensive scheme, double Harden, get the ball out of his hands was on the 1. He and Westbrook got to the rim to often. Have to make Russ a jump shooter. He doesn't have a strong mid range.

If we win game 4 it's a wrap.

GO LAKERS!!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:57 am; edited 3 times in total
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

This is our best win in the last 7-8 years. Huge game and we TOOK IT TO THEM for a 2-1 series lead. Now if we step on their throats next game, 3-1 would be so beautiful and a statement for everyone to SHUT UP cause we're #1 for a reason.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject:

Harden and Westbrook got to the rim with ease too often. I'd give Dwight and JaVale some burn early. If Dwight plays as he usually does, be a foul magnet, move in another direction. JaVale is a rim protector but hurts the offense. If not Dwight or JaVale find a way to stop penetration. Quicker rotation, get there early, hell, I don't know. Do something! Maybe play AD at the 5. He said he wants defense to be his forte.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: Rockets forward Robert Covington’s nose is not broken and he passed a concussion protocol test. He is expected to be available for Game 4.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:07 am    Post subject:

I still stand by my criticism of a Rondo before/after game 1 because I can’t rememeber seeing the game 2/3 version of Rondo since he became a Laker. But I’m happy to find out he simply wasn’t using those extra gears until they mattered — even if it did take game 1 for him to work out the kinks.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:43 am    Post subject:

Rondo's impact is not measured in stats, his plus/minus is like +35. He does the little things, he hustles, he deflects, he defends....this was a sneaky big adjustment getting him back for this series.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
Rondo's impact is not measured in stats, his plus/minus is like +35. He does the little things, he hustles, he deflects, he defends....this was a sneaky big adjustment getting him back for this series.

It is pretty clear how this is playing out

- The rockets are a frontrunner team.......if things are going great, they are hitting 3's like crazy....and can maintain a lead they are fine.....once it starts to fall apart it literally FALLS apart because they dont have the size to contend with the lakers

meanwhile

- The lakers just need steady performance from their 2 stars and ONE role player to step up on their team to win......if they get even modest contributions after that they win by double digits....when the lakers ramp up their defensive intensity......they overwhelm their opponent.

The only complaint I have about last night is Green.......the guy is supposed to be a 3 and D guy who cant consistantly do either.....we are really missing the player that stayed home due to covid but so far the team is overcoming it......I fully expect every time Green shoots that it is going to be a miss and hope lakers are crashing the boards to get the rebound
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Breakdown by BBallBreakdown

Poor Russ, always getting picked on lol
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
AJ wrote:

It is pretty clear how this is playing out

- The rockets are a frontrunner team.......if things are going great, they are hitting 3's like crazy....and can maintain a lead they are fine.....once it starts to fall apart it literally FALLS apart because they dont have the size to contend with the lakers

meanwhile

- The lakers just need steady performance from their 2 stars and ONE role player to step up on their team to win......if they get even modest contributions after that they win by double digits....when the lakers ramp up their defensive intensity......they overwhelm their opponent.

The only complaint I have about last night is Green.......the guy is supposed to be a 3 and D guy who cant consistantly do either.....we are really missing the player that stayed home due to covid but so far the team is overcoming it......I fully expect every time Green shoots that it is going to be a miss and hope lakers are crashing the boards to get the rebound

Green needs to get it together before we play the clips. He needs to get his ass in the gym and start getting shots up before and after games b/c we can’t be having him looking like a YMCA scrub and expect to get past the clips.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I believe #DannyGreen will show up in game 4
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49
Page 49 of 49
Jump to: