+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers ( 08/20/20) Rd 1, Gm 2 / Gm#73 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramirezmu8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Simply cannot afford to get off to a slow start and begin trailing. It seems like EVERY game we dig ourselves into a hole and are playing from behind. Is it because the lack of spacing with McGee in the lineup? No idea but we need to come out with a sense of urgency and get off to a good start. It'll be super discouraging if we come out flat again and begin playing from behind.

GO LAKERS!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I think this falls on Vogel to make a tough decision and let a player or two be upset at him. If he once again starts with KCP, Green and McGee all playing together there's going to be a very good chance we start off slow more times then not imo.

Benching McGee and either putting AD at the 5 or starting Dwight would be nice . Or let Kuz start and put Dion in late in the first to be that spark off the bench who can break down the defense even if the 3's aren't falling. If Green is getting burnt while missing every shot he takes again it might be time to lower his minutes a bit along with KCP as well. Inject some energy with guys like Morris and Caruso in those long dry spells as well.

I was going into the Playoffs with full confidence of Vogel and he shocked me with some of the absurd decisions (and lack of) in game 1 so hopefully he got all that out and will do a much better job in game 2 along with the players themselves.

Still have plenty of faith in this team considering how bad the rest of the "Contenders" are looking. It's time to show the league who the best team is again like they proved to the world just before stoppage.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
I think this falls on Vogel to make a tough decision and let a player or two be upset at him. If he once again starts with KCP, Green and McGee all playing together there's going to be a very good chance we start off slow more times then not imo.

Benching McGee and either putting AD at the 5 or starting Dwight would be nice . Or let Kuz start and put Dion in late in the first to be that spark off the bench who can break down the defense even if the 3's aren't falling. If Green is getting burnt while missing every shot he takes again it might be time to lower his minutes a bit along with KCP as well. Inject some energy with guys like Morris and Caruso in those long dry spells as well.

I was going into the Playoffs with full confidence of Vogel and he shocked me with some of the absurd decisions (and lack of) in game 1 so hopefully he got all that out and will do a much better job in game 2 along with the players themselves.

Still have plenty of faith in this team considering how bad the rest of the "Contenders" are looking. It's time to show the league who the best team is again like they proved to the world just before stoppage.

YES it is time for everybody to "Man-Up."
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Must win for Lakers but POR will still win tonight.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:

"O ye of little faith" .... Lakers win & cover the spread.

Last edited by pio2u on Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
hype wrote:

You can only unlock the "Man-Up" achievement once you complete the "Head of the Snake" one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pio2u wrote:
hype wrote:

You can only unlock the "Man-Up" achievement once you complete the "Head of the Snake" one.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Sago wrote:

"O ye of little faith" .... Lakers win & cover the spread.

We’re not the same team from the regular season

Bubble Lakers suck haha.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:20 am    Post subject:

this is how i would go about the rotation:
AD
Kuzma
Lebron
Green
KCP

Bench: Dwight, Rondo, Alex, Morris

thats it. put dion if Rondo is not playing and JR Smith if the 2 fools kcp/green are not making their shots.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:22 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD
Kuzma
Lebron
Green
KCP

thats it. put dion if Rondo is not playing and JR Smith if the 2 fools kcp/green are not making their shots.

man how great would it be if vogel had the stones to actually do that
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject:

In theory, the Blazers with their (bleep) defense are one of the few teams Rondo could actually help us against enough on offense to exceed what he gives up on the other end. IIRC, some of his better games over the last two seasons have been against Portland, including a couple where he just completely picked them apart on national TV.

If he helps us beat Portland, is all the other pain of having him on the roster worth it?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD
Kuzma
Lebron
Green
KCP

uh oh, you just hurt McGee's feeling
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:42 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
AD
Kuzma
Lebron
Green
KCP

uh oh, you just hurt McGee's feeling
Yeah, and in the mean time, McGee is hurting our feelings with his lackluster play.
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

Just hoping the starting lineup doesn't put us in a hole again. The first and third quarters have been poor.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:59 am    Post subject:

Vogel has to make some adjustments to Lakers bad shooting and Portland packing the paint.
The best thing is to start Kuzma and bench KCP.
Or bench McGee
Too bad there is not a reliable shooter on the team.
Cook or Dudley?
LAII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject:

Everyone is so apocalyptic. I wonder if Bucks and Clippers fans are slashing their wrists right now. Because those wire to wire losses looked worse to me then our painfully close loss.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

LAII wrote:
Everyone is so apocalyptic. I wonder if Bucks and Clippers fans are slashing their wrists right now. Because those wire to wire losses looked worse to me then our painfully close loss.

loll ! I agree our losses wasnt as bad as those two's.

I would also like to see Dion or JR get some minutes vs CJ tonight. Dame is a beast and you have to cover him as a team, but if we can limit CJ's rhythm, we improve out chances.

predicting a nice W tonight to bounce back 1-1 with a great team performance from everyone.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Approximately 6 hours left until we play the biggest game of the year
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
LAII wrote:

I would also like to see Dion or JR get some minutes vs CJ tonight. Dame is a beast and you have to cover him as a team, but if we can limit CJ's rhythm, we improve out chances.

predicting a nice W tonight to bounce back 1-1 with a great team performance from everyone.
AGREED!
LeBron and AD will come to play; the question is: Who else shows up???
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
LAII wrote:

AGREED!
LeBron and AD will come to play; the question is: Who else shows up???

Lebron, AD and Kuz will come to play. who else is coming?
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Having alligator and jumbolaya for dinner.
With a side of dirty rice.

Nice dinner to watch with the game.

Jr knucklehead ftw please.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Having alligator and jumbolaya for dinner.
With a side of dirty rice.

Nice dinner to watch with the game.

Jr knucklehead ftw please.
MFF0RD8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:40 pm    Post subject:

the lakers have not won a playoff game since may 18 2012

even though they lost that series to durant/westbrook/harden OKC Thunder, that was a great game. lakers shot 41/42 from free throw line. kobe 18/18 and big man bynum 11/12. the game was at staples center, i was there it was intense.

THE PLAYOFF WIN DROUGHT MUST END!

"I don't know if we'd won this game without these fans. Thank you!" - Phil Jackson after Game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, 6/17/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:52 pm    Post subject:

MFF0RD8 wrote:
the lakers have not won a playoff game since may 18 2012

THE PLAYOFF WIN DROUGHT MUST END!

TONIGHT!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31
Jump to: