+++ Los Angeles Lakers vs Portland Trailblazers ( 08/18/20) Rd 1, Gm 1 / Gm#72 +++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ksig
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 03 Dec 2016
Posts: 440

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
This guarantees Rondo plays next game. For better or worst..


Rondo would be our best 3 point shooter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 1726

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

They made 8 more 3 pointers, 5 more free throws and only won by 7

We need to pound them in the paint, we had a +22 advantage there

LA in 6.


Last edited by JeezyXVII on Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 25817
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
nickuku wrote:
pio2u wrote:
We'll be back. At some point soon, Portland's heart & legs are going to fail them.


I hope thats not what we have to rely on because if it is we're going to be eliminated even if we advance past Portland.


One game does not a series make. I think we still win it all.


Right. It’s hella frustrating but it’s game ONE. Not time to hit the panic button yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:40 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
pretty rough coaching job by Vogel.. I was def. hoping for better lineup decisions once the Playoffs started.. it was pretty blatant green and kcp especially were not feeling it tonight yet he just kept them in the game and even let them close

most of the team played bad but some of those coaching decisions really had me scratching my head.. not sure why waiters didn't get minutes either. that was extremely embarrassing to still lose this game....

Totally agree....maybe he coaches better when he hears the crowd noise...it reminds him he should do something....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 18537

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject:

All year long this team would have games like this and would just start making shots like crazy to pull a win out of their @$$ at the end. After a few weeks into the season, I realized no matter how bad it looks, they were going to win.

I don’t know if it’s because they haven’t had a meaningful game in almost 6 months but in the bubble, they were actually missing some of those momentum shots. Davis missed a 3 against Indiana, JR missed one against Houston, Kuzma against Toronto. They were the shots they always made when they needed them all year. They couldn’t make that key shot tonight either.

That overturned and 1 for Whiteside should have sealed it. Championship teams always capitalize on breaks like that. Then they went up by 6, Lillard didn’t get the call trying to sell a foul on Dwight and they called two quick touch fouls on Portland on the other end. You could tell Nurkic and the other Blazers were getting frustrated and were ready to give up. Then they make a couple long threes, the Lakers don’t take advantage of the whistles - (anyone over 6’0 in Portland had 5 fouls) and missed the free throws when they actually attacked anyway.

Just an inexplicable loss that was there for the taking all day even with how bad the Lakers were playing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41990

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Waiters should have gotten more PT. He could have made a difference offensively. If he screwed up it wouldn't have mattered because we still lost anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41990

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
pio2u wrote:
nickuku wrote:
pio2u wrote:
We'll be back. At some point soon, Portland's heart & legs are going to fail them.


I hope thats not what we have to rely on because if it is we're going to be eliminated even if we advance past Portland.


One game does not a series make. I think we still win it all.


Right. It’s hella frustrating but it’s game ONE. Not time to hit the panic button yet.


Thank you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2176

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 41990

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series? Can't find info anywhere.


BEST-OF-SEVEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 25817
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series?


Not sure if serious but no this is a regular 7 game series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2176

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series? Can't find info anywhere.


BEST-OF-SEVEN
wut really? Thought they said they were going to shorten it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 4664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
They made 8 more 3 pointers, 5 more free throws and only won by 7

We need to pound them in the paint, we had a +22 advantage there

LA in 6.


Of course we need to pound them in the paint. But the problem is, the guy who SHOULD be doing it (AD) either doesn't like to, or is incapable of dominating in the paint. He is highly skilled, but I'm beginning to believe the comments that he just doesn't have that DAWG in him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1853

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series?

It's not that they lost...it's how we lost....we lost the same way thru the bubble...so it's a consistent problem that hasn't been addressed. If your team can't shoot the 3 well...it's time to go in the bag and make some plays that create offense other ways....it just seems like there's no plan b. We gonna keep shooting and missing ..with the same players that are shooting and missing. That's the disappointment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

We need to adjust our starting lineup. McGee should likely be removed from the rotation in this series. His feelings might get hurt but oh well. KCP off the bench.
Caruso
Green
Bron
Kuz/Morris
AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
pio2u wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Does anyone know or has it been announced if this is a best of 3 series? Can't find info anywhere.


BEST-OF-SEVEN
wut really? Thought they said they were going to shorten it.


Bruh check the schedule if you have more doubts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:53 pm    Post subject:

HellCrowe wrote:
I’ve been told there isn’t anything to worry about and the 8 regular games were meaningless. Um?


Default answer from Laker homers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cheesehead88
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
AD plays like too much of a perimeter wuss to play the 5. Start dwight, mcgee is trash. Dwight/AD/Bron/kuz/Caruso



This is exactly what they need

This lineup reeled in the Blazers

Kuz needs to be the starting 2 guard

Caruso and Kuz were locking into the perimeter

They will get more and more used to the Blazers patterns

McCollum running out of gas

Bring in KCP for full court pressure

Brink in Cook/ Waiters for offense
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
hype wrote:
pretty rough coaching job by Vogel.. I was def. hoping for better lineup decisions once the Playoffs started.. it was pretty blatant green and kcp especially were not feeling it tonight yet he just kept them in the game and even let them close

most of the team played bad but some of those coaching decisions really had me scratching my head.. not sure why waiters didn't get minutes either. that was extremely embarrassing to still lose this game....

Totally agree....maybe he coaches better when he hears the crowd noise...it reminds him he should do something....


Crowd noise?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

They will never start Dwight even though they should. They won’t because we’ll lose McGee for the playoffs. He’ll get in his feelings like last time and check out. If we play AD at the 5 he will understand the move. I agree that Dwight should start but I don’t trust McGee’s ego.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 13006
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
They made 8 more 3 pointers, 5 more free throws and only won by 7

We need to pound them in the paint, we had a +22 advantage there

LA in 6.


Gotta ride our hot hands when we got the advantage. Like Kuzma putting us up by 6 and then getting benched immediately right after

Minute restrictions are somewhat important I get it for max performance to close the game.
Lebron , AD and Kuz needs max minutes it’s the f’n playoffs! We’ve babysitted their minutes all season long and they just had another 4 month layoff before the bubble.

Go hard or go home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject:

cheesehead88 wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
AD plays like too much of a perimeter wuss to play the 5. Start dwight, mcgee is trash. Dwight/AD/Bron/kuz/Caruso



This is exactly what they need

This lineup reeled in the Blazers

Kuz needs to be the starting 2 guard

Caruso and Kuz were locking into the perimeter

They will get more and more used to the Blazers patterns

McCollum running out of gas

Bring in KCP for full court pressure

Brink in Cook/ Waiters for offense


Kuz will get roasted by CJ and then on switches with Lillard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

We don’t need Cook or Waiters. Just better units out there. Our defense was great. The last thing we need is to turn this into a shootout. Keep it a defensive series, low scoring. Just need to build and sustain momentum. Kuz and AC should see more minutes than Green and KCP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 05 Aug 2020
Posts: 49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
They made 8 more 3 pointers, 5 more free throws and only won by 7

We need to pound them in the paint, we had a +22 advantage there

LA in 6.


Gotta ride our hot hands when we got the advantage. Like Kuzma putting us up by 6 and then getting benched immediately right after

Minute restrictions are somewhat important I get it for max performance to close the game.
Lebron , AD and Kuz needs max minutes it’s the f’n playoffs! We’ve babysitted their minutes all season long and they just had another 4 month layoff before the bubble.

Go hard or go home.


AD played 39 and 41 for LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 2633

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Blitz247 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
They made 8 more 3 pointers, 5 more free throws and only won by 7

We need to pound them in the paint, we had a +22 advantage there

LA in 6.


Gotta ride our hot hands when we got the advantage. Like Kuzma putting us up by 6 and then getting benched immediately right after

Minute restrictions are somewhat important I get it for max performance to close the game.
Lebron , AD and Kuz needs max minutes it’s the f’n playoffs! We’ve babysitted their minutes all season long and they just had another 4 month layoff before the bubble.

Go hard or go home.


AD played 39 and 41 for LBJ.

Too many minutes for LeBron. He played the entire 4th. Need him around 38 minutes. He was gassed late.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2571
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Blitz247 wrote:
cheesehead88 wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:
AD plays like too much of a perimeter wuss to play the 5. Start dwight, mcgee is trash. Dwight/AD/Bron/kuz/Caruso



This is exactly what they need

This lineup reeled in the Blazers

Kuz needs to be the starting 2 guard

Caruso and Kuz were locking into the perimeter

They will get more and more used to the Blazers patterns

McCollum running out of gas

Bring in KCP for full court pressure

Brink in Cook/ Waiters for offense


Kuz will get roasted by CJ and then on switches with Lillard.


He did completely fine for the minutes he was at the 2. Def. not any worse then KCP or Green and even Caruso since they were just shooting right over him at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 65 of 67
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB