Video shows harrowing crash into Piedmont Hospital ER in Atlanta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Video shows harrowing crash into Piedmont Hospital ER in Atlanta

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-news/video-shows-harrowing-crash-into-piedmont-hospital-er/PQVQKHGI55DVBJO7562DECWA7A/#:~:text=Newly%20released%20video%20shows%20the,the%20crash%20was%20not%20deliberate.

Quote:
Newly released video shows the terrifying moment when a Mercedes-Benz SUV plowed into another vehicle and then through the lobby of Piedmont Hospital’s emergency room in June.

Atlanta police said at the time it appeared the crash was not deliberate. Video shows the SUV sitting in the traffic circle outside the hospital. Suddenly it accelerates, crashing into another car before careening into the lobby. The 75-year-old driver was not injured. Atlanta police have said the action was not deliberate and haven’t released information regarding what caused the driver to lose control.

One person died and four were hurt. The crash left Kai Bailey, 29, with broken hips and pelvis.

“I remember running from the red SUV,” Bailey said during a Tuesday news conference with her attorney. She was sitting just outside the entrance when the crash occurred. “Either way I went I was going to get hit that day.”

Bailey spent 30 days in a rehabilitation facility to receive treatment for injuries she sustained in the incident. She was at Piedmont that day waiting on a friend whom she had taken to the ER.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Look to me the woman who got hit ran toward the car. Watch the right side of your screen around 0:22

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

75 year old driver.
Smh
My Mom is 66 and we are starting to limit her driving
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
75 year old driver.
Smh

Incident looks, looks...to feature the confusion whereby a senior citizen puts the pedal to the metal while thinking it's the brake. Remember the 90 yr old who plowed thru a busy street/sidewalk and killed 10-12 folks? Bout 10-15 yrs ago.

edit:
89 yr old, 2003, Santa Monica Farmer's Market, 10 dead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Monica_Farmers_Market_crash

This particular guy was a nasty ol bugger who was pissed at the people he was hitting. He killed an infant and a 3 year old among the other victims. Never did a day in prison due to age and health, died 5 years later.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-may-22-me-market22-story.html
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:09 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
75 year old driver.
Smh

My dad will be 75 next month and still drives. Course he lives in a small town and only uses the car to go to store etc.

I've been thinking about this myself and wanting to see if I can get my stepmother who's nearly 20 years younger to drive but she doesn't have her license.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
75 year old driver.
Smh

Incident looks, looks...to feature the confusion whereby a senior citizen puts the pedal to the metal while thinking it's the brake. Remember the 90 yr old who plowed thru a busy street/sidewalk and killed 10-12 folks? Bout 10-15 yrs ago.

edit:
89 yr old, 2003, Santa Monica Farmer's Market, 10 dead

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Monica_Farmers_Market_crash

This particular guy was a nasty ol bugger who was pissed at the people he was hitting. He killed an infant and a 3 year old among the other victims. Never did a day in prison due to age and health, died 5 years later.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2008-may-22-me-market22-story.html

Yup, I remember that clearly.
Awful. Should have spent his last 5 years in jail. Imo
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: