This is ridiculous policing.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:33 am    Post subject: This is ridiculous policing.

There is absolutely no reason to handcuff a 8 year old. I'm not going to play the race card, it plays itself.

The boy was swabbed, fingerprinted, DNA taken, mug shot taken and locked in a cell for several minutes then released on his own recognizance. DAMN he was 8 years old. 🤬

I hope all involved are fired.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

3 feet, 6 inches with a disability.

“So you know where you are going? You are going to jail. So you need to stand up and put your hands behind your back.”
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

In my early 20s I worked with 8, 9 and 10 year old children with autism.
They were prone to violent outbursts at times. Never would I think to call the police and have them arrested. Wtf is wrong with people?

This is infuriating.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Guys, guys, guys. It's just a few bad ones.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I think it is too soon to judge, let's see how this kid is doing at 18 and 24, maybe this straightened out his life...!

(This was meant to be tongue-in-cheek...)

Last edited by unleasHell on Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
They were prone to violent outbursts at times. Never would I think to call the police and have them arrested. Wtf is wrong with people?

This is infuriating.

The last few decades has had WAAAYYYY too many parents that basically brush aside any form of conflict for their kids. That generation is starting to grow up and ANY source of conflict or obstacle in their way and by default, the reaction is to tuck one's tail, run to find someone to deal with it. Years pass, that teacher would have handled a screaming, autistic without having to run to the cops. It's pathetic. We reap what we sow and it's not going to get any better in that regard if recent years are any indicator. Mean boss? Get the boss fired!!! Someone's personality doesn't mesh with yours at the workplace? Get them written up!!! I'm too young to be screaming from my lawn but I'll be damned if we're not handing over the keys to the softest group of simps in history. Anyone that's been paying attention knows that's not hyperbole.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

At that kid’s age, special needs or not, that experience is going to be deeply traumatic and is entirely counterproductive effort to teach anything but fear.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

This is infuriating.

The last few decades has had WAAAYYYY too many parents that basically brush aside any form of conflict for their kids. That generation is starting to grow up and ANY source of conflict or obstacle in their way and by default, the reaction is to tuck one's tail, run to find someone to deal with it. Years pass, that teacher would have handled a screaming, autistic without having to run to the cops. It's pathetic. We reap what we sow and it's not going to get any better in that regard if recent years are any indicator. Mean boss? Get the boss fired!!! Someone's personality doesn't mesh with yours at the workplace? Get them written up!!! I'm too young to be screaming from my lawn but I'll be damned if we're not handing over the keys to the softest group of simps in history. Anyone that's been paying attention knows that's not hyperbole.
I am starting to believe this. I found it hard to believe over the last five years or so, but I was not really paying attention apparently.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

This is infuriating.

Agreed , 1000%.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:48 am    Post subject:

Relating to handing over the keys I inject the pandemic. The younger crowd complaining about their freedom and disobeying to the point of endangering not only themselves but the community at large is a example of why they're not ready.

I'm not impaired, though some here may think I am when I was in school teachers ruled. If you acted up and were given a note to take home to your parents you better not throw it away. My teachers would follow up to see if your parents got the message.

Nowadays when a student acts up the police are called. Who do you blame? Are the teachers not as qualified to control students or are they handcuffed by new rules? Are parents not as involved with schools as they were in the past?

At any rate there's no way a 200 lb. officer had a need to handcuff a 3'5" 64 lb 8 year old. I hope there's a followup on this story. I'd like to know if anyone was disciplined.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: