Win the CHIP; your level of confidence
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Win the CHIP; your level of confidence

So what's your level of confidence with this current team to win it all this season if you were to compare it to any of the most recent laker teams that won it all (e.g., any championship season 2000-2001)? To me, I feel my confidence in this current team most resembles our 2008-2009 run which is cautiously optimistic, although I feel a little bit less confident right now, given Lebron has yet to consistently dominate games, whereas Kobe was at his peak.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Not too confident. Our role players are pathetic who brick open shots, bron is up their in age and AD only bright spot
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Which team shows up for the playoffs?

The team that beat the Bucks and Clips in March.... good chance to win it all.

The team that showed up to the bubble uninspired and unable to hit a shot... not confident at all.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

If you caught me still high off The Weekend in March, I would've said a chip is in the bag. Now I think an early out is a distinct possibility. I would love to be shocked by strong performances from the start of the post season.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject:

low until proven otherwise

see lebron's recent cryptic comment (and vogel's too)
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Win the CHIP; your level of confidence

andrewc wrote:
So what's your level of confidence with this current team to win it all this season if you were to compare it to any of the most recent laker teams that won it all (e.g., any championship season 2000-2001)? To me, I feel my confidence in this current team most resembles our 2008-2009 run which is cautiously optimistic, although I feel a little bit less confident right now, given Lebron has yet to consistently dominate games, whereas Kobe was at his peak.

They are one of the top contenders. I don't know that they have a better shot than the Bucks or Clippers.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Which team shows up for the playoffs?

The team that beat the Bucks and Clips in March.... good chance to win it all.

The team that showed up to the bubble uninspired and unable to hit a shot... not confident at all.

Pretty much.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Win the CHIP; your level of confidence

andrewc wrote:

Honestly, not as high as the moment we traded for AD. I'm a little disappointed in his play, but that's because I have sky high/Kobe/MJ expectations for him. He's been great, but we've seen this AD before, and we've even seen a better AD with the Pelicans. My hope was for him to continue to rise in LA and just be a dominant monster taking his game to another level. But it seems this may be his peak, which is great, but not enough to carry an aging Bron. Our success this year has been the insane play of Lebron, but for sustainability and the future, you need insane play from AD. These bubble games have showed you exactly why. As Lebron is looking pedestrian, we suck. Look at AD's stats in the 2 wins versus his stats in the 2 losses. The AD you saw in the 2 wins is the AD I was hoping for every single game. That is how you offset those nights when Grandpa Bron is pedestrian. AD on the next level, in my book, should be over 30 pts a night and double digit rebounds. He's at 25 pts and 9 boards, second lowest rebouding average since his rookie year.

And yes, it would help if the "shooters" we signed can actually make some shots.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

100%

Kobe will guide us
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think it will happen. Vogel refused to try out

kcp
Green
kuzma
bron
Davis

This team should of had a ton of time together. our style should of been bron and davis p&r with court spread out. Davis and Bron are enough to defend the rim. Bron also refusing to shoot the 3 everytime someone goes under is shrinking the floor.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject:

33% as of now. Bucks are beasting and Clippers are going to get there.

Meanwhile, Rockets, Mavs, and Nuggets all look really good too. And most scary of all, is having to face Portland round 1... that would be a 6/7 game series that could really weaken us.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Giannis, Middleton, Kawhi, George, etc all look great right now, whereas AD is hit and miss and Lebron has looked pretty awful (offensively).

If the shooting doesn't improve, this team is vulnerable in the first few rounds.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Not very high. For a #1 seeded western conference team, I don't feel like we're dominant at all.

We need another shooter in the starting lineup and keep AD in the post where he's most effective, drawing fouls, getting offensive boards/putbacks and taking high percentage shots.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

Danny has been awful. KCP has been bad. Dwight seems to have turned back the clock and not in a good way. AC isn't hitting shots. LeBron can't (or hasn't) been able to get to the basket. Cook can't play D enough to keep him out there. Dion is either a zero or a hero. JR is doing nothing to help (as many expected).

Kuzma has been the only guy who has been better across the board.

I feel like we'll start to click eventually but we don't have eventually. We have a week or 2 at best. Biggest thing... shooters need to hit shots.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject:

0 confidence, this team would get demolished if we have to play portland in the first round
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Depends who we play each round, but if it's Blazers --> Rockets --> Clippers --> Bucks/Raptors, not looking good.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Not confident at all but I'm pulling for our team.
MrLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Outside of Bron and AD we have no one that can make shots.

We're not getting out of the first round.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

all time low, chemistry is gone and Lebron hasnt shown he's the same Lebron.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Defeats in this stage are not concerning. Concerning is lack of chemistry and effort.
Also we shown signs of really bad defense and also shooting not existing at this moment. I am afraid if we play Portland in first round that we could finish season early than expected.
Than the problems are starting. AD is staying? What with Lebron? Only guy who shouldn't be questioned is Vogel. He is doing good job IMO.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

If I were Vogel, for the next two games I would try to just switch it up and have Kuz and Caruso in the starting lineup for some energy:

AD
Kuz
LeBron
KCP
Caruso
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Worried but there is still time to adjust. Vogel needs to change the lineup.
Kcp and green backcourt has been trash. Start AD/Morris/Bron/Green/Waiters
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Right now something is off about the team, but I can't tell if it's just the lightswitch mentality or something insidious.

Even without Bradley we have enough talent to win the world championship. We can defend, run, rebound and score as well as any team. Our 3-point shooting isn't great, but we have several guys who can get hot from downtown, and they have many times this season.

LeBron needs to get his butt into gear right now and get back to showing great leadership. If he does that, this team might surprise us and handle Portland well or even sweep them.

But if LeBron doesn't show good leadership, Portland could beat us, and it may not even be close if we keep playing like crap on offense.
Jocinetu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:42 am    Post subject:

Before corona pause, I was like 100% sure, that we gonna win it all... Now... I'm like 45%, lol. Lack of shooting, lack of perimeter defense... Not sure that we can outscore anyone, if we continue to play weak on D... Let's hope that we gonna have some sense of urgency in Playoff... Portland is really tough opponent for a 8th seed, imo. We need to be 100% sharp.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject:

A bit lower than it was when the season started. Back then i was at least confident we'd get out of the 1st round. We have exactly one WC team we match up well against and that's not good.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: