Off the Court Issue Speculation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject:

This is nothing folks. These games don’t even matter, they wanted to beat the Clips which they cared about and did. And they wanted to lock up the 1 seed which they did.

The rest of these games are pointless whether they admit it or not.

Now do we need to get our shooting cleaned up - yes, but don’t be surprised when the team plays much harder once the playoffs actually start. These are the dog days vs teams that are grinding for playoff spots.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
This is nothing folks. These games don’t even matter, they wanted to beat the Clips which they cared about and did. And they wanted to lock up the 1 seed which they did.

The rest of these games are pointless whether they admit it or not.

Now do we need to get our shooting cleaned up - yes, but don’t be surprised when the team plays much harder once the playoffs actually start. These are the dog days vs teams that are grinding for playoff spots.

That's cool and all but lebron would've finished that game with 14 points on 30% if it wasn't for that lucky rebound, that's one of the things i'm worried about. Credit to his defense in the 4th tho.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps AD told LBJ that he was going to test the free agent market for kicks.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

That’s a distraction this team can’t afford. I hope AD hasn’t made it obvious that he’ll test free agency anyway.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

That’s a distraction this team can’t afford. I hope AD hasn’t made it obvious that he’ll test free agency anyway.

Lots more recruiting/tampering opportunities in The Bubble. Hopefully Lebron is keeping AD away from Jimmy Butler.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Dwight back to his clown ways? Maybe less Youtube for Javale might get him to start playing more like the 7-footer he is, too...I could see guys not being serious enough off the court as a reason for Lebron being PO'ed. It's no secret that there's a bunch of goof balls up and down this roster, and now throw JR in the mix. As long as they're focused when the playoffs begin, it's fine, but we're cutting it close. They really should be gearing up NOW.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Lots more recruiting/tampering opportunities in The Bubble. Hopefully Lebron is keeping AD away from Jimmy Butler.

This line of thought makes me ill.

And in reality, he should be looking around for the best opportunity. And in many ways the Lakers aren’t it.

Even the most ardent Laker fan has to see there are compelling pros and cons in the decision. There are other teams that can present a decent landing spot for Davis in free agency. And they will not be shy in telling him!

An embarrassing ending to the season won’t help the sales pitch to re-sign him. Hoping for a championship for a lot of reasons.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

And in reality, he should be looking around for the best opportunity. And in many ways the Lakers aren’t it.

Even the most ardent Laker fan has to see there are compelling pros and cons in the decision. There are other teams that can present a decent landing spot for Davis in free agency. And they will not be shy in telling him!

An embarrassing ending to the season won’t help the sales pitch to re-sign him. Hoping for a championship for a lot of reasons.

This would be disastrous. The Lakers gave up everything.

It would set them back a couple of seasons tbh.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

We gave away all our draft picks. The suffering would last longer than 2 seasons IMO
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

We gave away all our draft picks. The suffering would last longer than 2 seasons IMO
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

???

We have a draft pick in this upcoming draft.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kwase wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

???

We have a draft pick in this upcoming draft.

We have the 29th pick in this tears year’s draft yes. The pain woukd come in future drafts where our only star is an even older (and likely very frustrated) Lebron.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

The Heat I believe will have enough to offer AD the max if they can get Olynyk to decline his player option in exchange for a longer deal at a lower rate. They’ll have a core of Butler/Adabayo/Herro/Robinson/Nunn/jones + Iggy. Bam can guard centers. He’d be going from the worst shooting team to the best. No state taxes. I’m sweating a little.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I'll quit watching basketball for years if that happens. was nauseating enough when Shaq went there and we had to deal with all the Heat fans but at least we had prime Kobe.

This would be beyond disastrous for the lakers and set us back at least 5 years with the limited draft picks.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:56 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Whenever things aren't going lebrons way you can count on him to make up excuses. Y'all crazy if you believe that anything is wrong. I heard he didn't want to put a social justice quote on his jersey because Adam Silver didn't consult him about the phrases. This is just typical lebron pouting. Dude is a front-runner...when he's winning you can find him on the sidelines dancing, but when things get tough he tucks his tail. I'm sure 80% of the players in the bubble are dealing with off the court issues because they're away from their family and friends, but let's all feel sorry for lebron because he's so special...SMH.

Hate Lebron much?

Please don't start the "hater" stuff. I've been watching this guy since he came into the league and everything I wrote is a fact, other than the speculation about why he chose not to wear anything on his jersey. Believe me, I could really tell you what I think about him, but I'll save that for after he's gone.

You know nothing about LeBron for someone who claims to have watched him since he got into the league. You’re being called a hater because these are the same comments typical Bron haters make. Are you a huge Kobe fan?
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
The Heat I believe will have enough to offer AD the max if they can get Olynyk to decline his player option in exchange for a longer deal at a lower rate. They’ll have a core of Butler/Adabayo/Herro/Robinson/Nunn/jones + Iggy. Bam can guard centers. He’d be going from the worst shooting team to the best. No state taxes. I’m sweating a little.

LeBron is likely with AD a lot. Hopefully he’s keeping an eye on him. AD should only be focused on winning a ship.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:12 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

if we lose in the 1st or 2nd round I could easily see this happening

that's quite the squad
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:26 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

LeBron is likely with AD a lot. Hopefully he’s keeping an eye on him. AD should only be focused on winning a ship.

Just to play Devils Advocate a bit... why is a good thing for James to “keep an eye” on Davis?

James is a big personality on and off the court. Good and bad.

Being in his shadow all the time seems to rub players the wrong way after a couple seasons. Being considered his “Robin” is arguably an issue that may have cost him teammates.

As James ages, does Davis want to continue to not get the credit he deserves for his work but almost certainly the criticisms for any failures of the team.

JMO. But that seems to have some weight in Davis picking his next team. And as mentioned, are the Lakers really going to have the best roster and opportunities for him over the next 3-4 years?

Lakers went all in, over the next few months we are going to see just how good a hand they actually have. I don’t even want to think about the next few years if they made the wrong decision.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Whenever things aren't going lebrons way you can count on him to make up excuses. Y'all crazy if you believe that anything is wrong. I heard he didn't want to put a social justice quote on his jersey because Adam Silver didn't consult him about the phrases. This is just typical lebron pouting. Dude is a front-runner...when he's winning you can find him on the sidelines dancing, but when things get tough he tucks his tail. I'm sure 80% of the players in the bubble are dealing with off the court issues because they're away from their family and friends, but let's all feel sorry for lebron because he's so special...SMH.

Hate Lebron much?

Please don't start the "hater" stuff. I've been watching this guy since he came into the league and everything I wrote is a fact, other than the speculation about why he chose not to wear anything on his jersey. Believe me, I could really tell you what I think about him, but I'll save that for after he's gone.

You know nothing about LeBron for someone who claims to have watched him since he got into the league. You’re being called a hater because these are the same comments typical Bron haters make. Are you a huge Kobe fan?

After lebron leaves you can go root for whatever team he takes his"talents" to, just like you did when he came here. I only engage with Laker fans, not lebron fanboys. Why would I not be a Kobe fan...he played here for 20 years and brought us 5 championships, but I really don't see what that has to do with lebron.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject:

not worried about AD ditching at all.

at the minimum he is signing 2+1 deal
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?

After lebron leaves you can go root for whatever team he takes his"talents" to, just like you did when he came here. I only engage with Laker fans, not lebron fanboys. Why would I not be a Kobe fan...he played here for 20 years and brought us 5 championships, but I really don't see what that has to do with lebron.

Makes dishonest claims about Lebron, then throws out "Lebron fanboys" when people disagree. It's like clockwork.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

Dwight is playing like he doesn’t want to be there...which he didn’t initially. I understand we needed bodies but throwing Knuckleheads like Dion and JR into the mix...Oh boy.

Teams lost its flow. Everyone looks tense on the court. Did u guys catch last game during one of the timeouts? Team was huddled and AD was sitting on a table kinda listening from a distance. That’s not good body language imo.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

I’m not worried either but AD should rethink his representation if he doesn’t shop around.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

I’m not worried either but AD should rethink his representation if he doesn’t shop around.

Different day. They all-but-negotiate during the season through back channels. The Clippers took tampering to a new level last year - and not just with Kawhi.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel said any group spending a lot of time together could lead to tensions rising. And while Lakers are close-knit, Vogel said he's thought about instructing players to take a break from each other, although he hasn't mandated it.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: