Off the Court Issue Speculation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

He’s rather not discuss it but just did.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
He’s rather not discuss it but just did.

so true
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

apparently we're last in the bubble in offense
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

Definitely backs up my subjective experience.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Whenever things aren't going lebrons way you can count on him to make up excuses. Y'all crazy if you believe that anything is wrong. I heard he didn't want to put a social justice quote on his jersey because Adam Silver didn't consult him about the phrases. This is just typical lebron pouting. Dude is a front-runner...when he's winning you can find him on the sidelines dancing, but when things get tough he tucks his tail. I'm sure 80% of the players in the bubble are dealing with off the court issues because they're away from their family and friends, but let's all feel sorry for lebron because he's so special...SMH.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I mean if whatever it is is affecting the play on the court it must be something big I would think

I've heard some very vague stuff from a friend of the family and it doesn't sound good at all. Then for LBJ to come out and say this, it must be serious.

The Buss family?

Lol, sorry. A friend of my family. Would be great to have that Buss family money though!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
I mean if whatever it is is affecting the play on the court it must be something big I would think

I've heard some very vague stuff from a friend of the family and it doesn't sound good at all. Then for LBJ to come out and say this, it must be serious.

Is it something fixable based on what you heard? You also posted tidbits in reddit but you deleted due to the clowns there.

It was along the lines of “No time to f around with these guys” In the context of “these guys” being the players? Idk. So I didn’t really know how to interpret it tbh. If I had to guess, maybe players breaking the bubble rules?
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Sago wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Is it something fixable based on what you heard? You also posted tidbits in reddit but you deleted due to the clowns there.

It was along the lines of “No time to f around with these guys” In the context of “these guys” being the players? Idk. So I didn’t really know how to interpret it tbh. If I had to guess, maybe players breaking the bubble rules?

Oh ok. Not as bad lol. Lakers won with kobe shaq hating each other. They can talk this out
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Sago wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Oh ok. Not as bad lol. Lakers won with kobe shaq hating each other. They can talk this out

I have a tremendous amount of faith in this coaching squad and the team management. Along with LBJ and AD I think whatever issues it is will work itself out. I suppose we’ll only know if someone gets kicked out of the bubble lol.

Cheers and let’s get this win tonight!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Smh if these guys can’t keep their eyes on the prize. I’d be pissed if I were Lebron or AD...if guys weren’t focused. We are about to start playoffs and we have a shot to win. Don’t do anything stupid to mess it up
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Smh if these guys can’t keep their eyes on the prize. I’d be pissed if I were Lebron or AD...if guys weren’t focused. We are about to start playoffs and we have a shot to win. Don’t do anything stupid to mess it up

Agreed 100%
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Remember that Dwight initially wasn't going to join the team in the bubble and of course the matter with Bradley. There might be some other guys that also didn't want to join the restart without the news ever reaching the media and were only convinced by AD/Bron to join the team along with Dwight later on.

That issue might still be hanging over the team which could be affecting their chemistry and focus.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject:

I'd imagine not loving this experience and thus the energy is lower than expected. It's been weeks already and I'm sure the no women, not sleeping in their own bed, such a forced style of living, and lack of court time is wearing on them.

But LeBron always has some cryptic quotes around this time of the season...
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

How does this team go from one of the most cohesive units in the league to this. What is this? Nobody knows. I think its poor that the leader of the team has to squawk to the media. What is the purpose of it other than making a potentially bad situation worse.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

kwase wrote:
Whenever things aren't going lebrons way you can count on him to make up excuses. Y'all crazy if you believe that anything is wrong. I heard he didn't want to put a social justice quote on his jersey because Adam Silver didn't consult him about the phrases. This is just typical lebron pouting. Dude is a front-runner...when he's winning you can find him on the sidelines dancing, but when things get tough he tucks his tail. I'm sure 80% of the players in the bubble are dealing with off the court issues because they're away from their family and friends, but let's all feel sorry for lebron because he's so special...SMH.

So if we don’t win expect to see Lebron with a cast at the press conference?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:15 pm    Post subject:

LeBron is playing mind games to light a fire under everyone's asses

Have no fear, the Lakers will win this chip
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

It looks worse than that.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?

Please don't start the "hater" stuff. I've been watching this guy since he came into the league and everything I wrote is a fact, other than the speculation about why he chose not to wear anything on his jersey. Believe me, I could really tell you what I think about him, but I'll save that for after he's gone.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:21 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?

Please don't start the "hater" stuff. I've been watching this guy since he came into the league and everything I wrote is a fact, other than the speculation about why he chose not to wear anything on his jersey. Believe me, I could really tell you what I think about him, but I'll save that for after he's gone.

"fact"
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?

Hey man, I was just being light hearted with my response. I know there are a lot of folks that don’t like Lebron. It’s cool, man. I know he’s a diva but he does do a lot off the court for people.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers had played themselves into a good rhythm, before the covid break. Now, they've reverted to the "beginning of the season" Lakers. Discombobulated, on both sides of the ball.

And, for all of the hate Luke got while he was coach, he at least was teaching good spacing, crisp ball movement, and running half court sets. I honestly have't seen any of that, under Vogel & co. Maybe they're saving it for the playoffs, as a surprise, or something. I sure hope so....
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
kwase wrote:

Hate Lebron much?

Ok buddy
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject:

We wouldn't be the Lakers without drama I guess. The problem is that the timing couldn't be worse to have this drama.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject:

Let me play the guess game. It’s because Lebron and AD getting preferential accommodations than the rest of the group in the bubble. If you watch JaVale’s show, beside practice, you don’t see lebron and Ad spending time with the team. I’m sure some players have spoken up that and it’s causing rift. Also, Quinn is very close to Lebron and AD and he is not getting play time. All I know is most of you players said you dedicating this season for Kobe so you better get your bleep together
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: