Western Conf. Seeding Watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:
I'd rather face portland than phoenix tbh. The blazers barely beat the nets while the suns have been rolling in the bubble.

I didn't think that way for a while, but after watching both teams a little closer, I think you've got the right idea.

You guys seriously think the Suns would be a tougher match up? almost all there guys have zero playoff experience, you think they can rise to the occasion in a tough playoff bubble environment? Come on now, the Blazers are our toughest 1st round opponent.

All of the 8th seed contenders are flawed, I think on paper Suns had the better roster then POR and it helped they were not just beating on bad teams in the bubble. But yeah that inexperience probably would've doomed them against us.

POR on the other hand have experience but my goodness their defensive depth is a wasteland, they are bascally a worst version of the 2019 Rockets with even worst defense. Portland would have 4 guys on the court that Bron could bum hunt at all times.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:54 pm    Post subject:

lordtrapula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:
I'd rather face portland than phoenix tbh. The blazers barely beat the nets while the suns have been rolling in the bubble.

I didn't think that way for a while, but after watching both teams a little closer, I think you've got the right idea.

You guys seriously think the Suns would be a tougher match up? almost all there guys have zero playoff experience, you think they can rise to the occasion in a tough playoff bubble environment? Come on now, the Blazers are our toughest 1st round opponent.

All of the 8th seed contenders are flawed, I think on paper Suns had the better roster then POR and it helped they were not just beating on bad teams in the bubble. But yeah that inexperience probably would've doomed them against us.

POR on the other hand have experience but my goodness their defensive depth is a wasteland, they are bascally a worst version of the 2019 Rockets with even worst defense. Portland would have 4 guys on the court that Bron could bum hunt at all times.

I haven't really been paying attention to them other than Dame's ridiculous offensive highlights. They really that bad on D?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

I haven't really been paying attention to them other than Dame's ridiculous offensive highlights. They really that bad on D?

I would hunt down Dame and CJ on defense in P&R and make them play defense.

dame specially, he is a horrible defender
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

i'll stick to the usual formula of lock down their 2nd and 3rd options (CJ and Melo) and let Dame go nuts on the scoreboard. i don't think Dame can single handily beating the Lakers. but if CJ and Melo are having efficient games, then watch out.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

I have not watched Suns or Portland, but in talking with friends and seeing stuff on social media consensus seems to be that the Suns are better or at least deserved to be part of the play-in.

I think the point of contention is are the Blazers better or is it just Dame and his insane performances carrying a flawed team. Blazers have a pretty talented roster but so do the Suns.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

I have not watched Suns or Portland, but in talking with friends and seeing stuff on social media consensus seems to be that the Suns are better or at least deserved to be part of the play-in.

I think the point of contention is are the Blazers better or is it just Dame and his insane performances carrying a flawed team. Blazers have a pretty talented roster but so do the Suns.

this
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

You speak as if there is a 50 yr history of Playoff in the Bubble data. You can throw out conventional wisdom for this playoffs. Who knows how these kids will play. The college kids beat the dream team of 92 in a gym, and that's what the bubble atmosphere is like, a gym. No fans. Sure there is still pressure, but not quite the same. I think the inexperience kids benefit more in this atmosphere.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i'll stick to the usual formula of lock down their 2nd and 3rd options (CJ and Melo) and let Dame go nuts on the scoreboard. i don't think Dame can single handily beating the Lakers. but if CJ and Melo are having efficient games, then watch out.

I'd rather let a broken CJ and especially Melo take the shots. The more Melo is on the floor, in general, the better. Don't buy the social media hype. He may not be washed, per se, but he's certainly not much of a positive for them and likely even a negative with his defense. A guy like Lebron knows that and will hunt that matchup for us on offense, to our advantage.

Also, you just can tell that when Dame goes off, it feeds the energy of their entire team like no other. And if we're going to leave it up to chance for him to hit more of those back-breaking threes from crazy distances and destroy our morale, not unlike the Steph effect, we might as well be prepared for 6 or 7 games now. I'd much prefer to allow a heavier dosage of CJ and Melo from mid range than Dame's higher efficiency shot profile. We just cannot afford to let him go one on one for long stretches, especially when we have no one who can guard him and we've experienced it first hand.

The whole defensive gameplan must be dedicated to limiting his shots.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

They said last night on TNT. POR is top 5 offensively. 27th defensively.
To be honest though, we've been pretty much the opposite in the bubble. Up until the Dallas game we hadn't scored 100 points in a game and had the worst O rating of any bubble team (don't know if that's changed since then).

I think we'll win in 6 though.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

They said last night on TNT. POR is top 5 offensively. 27th defensively.
To be honest though, we've been pretty much the opposite in the bubble. Up until the Dallas game we hadn't scored 100 points in a game and had the worst O rating of any bubble team (don't know if that's changed since then).

I think we'll win in 6 though.

Interesting.

On a side note, is the East going to have a play in games for 8/9 as well? All I'm hearing about is the Memphis and Portland series.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:41 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lordtrapula wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
poppies wrote:
3baller wrote:

Yes, they have been that bad. I know people are spooked by Dame going '06 Kobe mode, but these 7-8 games for them were basically game 7's and they have barely squeaked by because of Lillard's offense. Not to mention a lot of the teams they faced have been disinterested or have been playing their g-league guys.

LA won't stop Dame but they at least have bodies to throw at him while on the other side all their guys are undersized or inept on defense. Like Nurkic might be their only, "good", defender but history has shown he's never been able to stop the Brow.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: