Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected with Coronavirus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected?
Yes, and the season/playoffs will end up being canceled as a result.
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but they will continue with the season/playoffs anyway.
80%
 80%  [ 24 ]
No, no NBA player will be infected.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:
I say boys will be boys, men will be men, and NBA players will be NBA players.

In other words, most definitely.

Lou Williams. I rest my case.

I would have been ok if the NBA did not allow him back in....claiming a "family emergency", then swinging by the strip club because it is your favorite dining spot while guys like Caruso miss his sisters wedding to ensure he is healthy and available.

Going to a funeral is understandable, Caruso is the only one to blame for missing his sisters wedding. After she rearranged things to accommodate him. He is the selfish one, putting finances over family.

Wow. My back hurts watching how you have contorted things.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I would have been ok if the NBA did not allow him back in....claiming a "family emergency", then swinging by the strip club because it is your favorite dining spot while guys like Caruso miss his sisters wedding to ensure he is healthy and available.

Going to a funeral is understandable, Caruso is the only one to blame for missing his sisters wedding. After she rearranged things to accommodate him. He is the selfish one, putting finances over family.

Of course a funeral is understandable.....any issue that is important to the player is understandable....but going to the club was reckless and selfish. I am not judging the player for being in or out of the bubble, but once you commit to the sacrifice of the bubble and accept the compensation that is attached to that sacrifice, you owe everyone else in that bubble the respect to take every precaution to avoid contracting and/or spreading the virus. If he was not caught, he would have returned and likely loosely quarantined for only 48-72 hours.

In regards to Caruso....I would understand if money was considered because he likely does not have any real financial security at this point. That said, I do not think it was finances, I think it was the location of the wedding and understanding he would have to quarantine for a long period....removing him from the court on a team that needs him now more than it did when the season started. I viewed it as him and the Caruso family sacrificing instead of being selfish.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-miami-marlins-decided-to-play-after-multiple-covid-19-cases-

The Miami Marlins decided to play after positive COVID-19 tests on Sunday via a group text. You can’t make this stuff up

Quote:

By now you’ve probably already heard: The MLB season is in the balance . . . again. On Monday, 13 members of the Miami Marlins—including both players and coaching staff—tested positive for COVID-19, forcing the postponement of both the Marlins’ home opener against the Orioles and Yankees-Phillies, the latter of which the Marlins faced in a three-hour-and-forty-four minute game in Philadelphia on Sunday. Before that game, scheduled starting pitcher Jose Urena, along with two other Marlins players, was scratched after testing positive for COVID-19, but according to The Philadelphia Inquirer, the Marlins banded together and made the decision to play based on one of humankind’s most proven, accepted methodologies, passed down from generation to generation since the dawn of time: A group text message.

Yes, this is the most Marlins thing ever.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Of course a funeral is understandable.....any issue that is important to the player is understandable....but going to the club was reckless and selfish. I am not judging the player for being in or out of the bubble, but once you commit to the sacrifice of the bubble and accept the compensation that is attached to that sacrifice, you owe everyone else in that bubble the respect to take every precaution to avoid contracting and/or spreading the virus. If he was not caught, he would have returned and likely loosely quarantined for only 48-72 hours.

In regards to Caruso....I would understand if money was considered because he likely does not have any real financial security at this point. That said, I do not think it was finances, I think it was the location of the wedding and understanding he would have to quarantine for a long period....removing him from the court on a team that needs him now more than it did when the season started. I viewed it as him and the Caruso family sacrificing instead of being selfish.

The virus is being used as an excuse to police morality. The people at the funeral could’ve been to a strip club or any other public place before the funeral. What if he went to Ralph’s for supplies and got COVID, would that strain show up on a test faster than the strip club version of COVID, Requiring strip club visits to increase quarantine time? If you want a bubble it should be a bubble and all exits should be understood as equally dangerous.

The way COVID will enter the bubble in my opinion is probably through the hotel staff who are working many hours for low pay, many working multiple jobs and living in households with others who are working. Then they clean the players rooms and congregate with other employees.

If Lou tests positive the memes will be great. I wonder if we can sequence his sample to see if it was stripper Covid or funeral Covid.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Why do coaches wear masks during games when everyone inside the bubble has already been tested and cleared? (I’m guessing as a precaution because it only takes one Lou Williams to ruin everything...)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:10 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Why do coaches wear masks during games when everyone inside the bubble has already been tested and cleared? (I’m guessing as a precaution because it only takes one Lou Williams to ruin everything...)

They're setting an example for the fans from their hometown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: