Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected with Coronavirus?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think an NBA player within the bubble will get infected?
Yes, and the season/playoffs will end up being canceled as a result.
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Yes, but they will continue with the season/playoffs anyway.
80%
 80%  [ 24 ]
No, no NBA player will be infected.
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 30

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA partners with Tilman Fertitta's restaurants for bubble delivery

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/09/nba-partners-with-tilman-fertittas-restaurants-for-bubble-delivery/

Something about the Houston Rockets owner being the food delivery partner for all the NBA players (whom have limited food options) rubs me the wrong way.
It just feels ... corrupt.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/09/nba-partners-with-tilman-fertittas-restaurants-for-bubble-delivery/

Something about the Houston Rockets owner being the food delivery partner for all the NBA players (whom have limited food options) rubs me the wrong way.

But you’re not surprised by it, right?

This whole mess is a joke. I am disheartened that players are willing to go along with this exploitation . . . “Just finish our season guys! Step into the “bubble”. You’ll be safe . . . Sort of. A few of you will get a meaningless trophy and us owners get a bunch of money and your ‘fans’ will love it! They want their damn sports! (bleep) everything else . . . and your health for that matter. Revenue Rules!”
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

This whole mess is a joke. I am disheartened that players are willing to go along with this exploitation . . . “Just finish our season guys! Step into the “bubble”. You’ll be safe . . . Sort of. A few of you will get a meaningless trophy and us owners get a bunch of money and your ‘fans’ will love it! They want their damn sports! (bleep) everything else . . . and your health for that matter. Revenue Rules!”

Agreed.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

The players also secure their own financial futures by playing. But I agree irs a joke, just a financial money grab all around. I thought that i would be more interested in watching but I’m really not.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

The players also secure their own financial futures by playing. But I agree irs a joke, just a financial money grab all around. I thought that i would be more interested in watching but I’m really not.

Ditto. It just feels like a cynical money grab. But then my interest in this season waned after LeBron's patronizing comment about Daryl Morey not being "educated" on the Hong Kong protest movement.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:19 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

How much money can he make off of if?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:58 am    Post subject:

Bledsoe tests positive as well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/bucks-g-eric-bledsoe-tests-positive-for-covid-19-001158613.html

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:

The whole thing feels corrupt. The NBA announced today that they are increasing the number of people allowed in the bubble. They paid lip service to safety at first but that seems to be fading.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

The whole thing feels corrupt. The NBA announced today that they are increasing the number of people allowed in the bubble. They paid lip service to safety at first but that seems to be fading.

What kind of people, do you happen to recall? Family and personal staff like security and chefs?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:

What kind of people, do you happen to recall? Family and personal staff like security and chefs?

Found this google-ing:
Quote:
Report: NBA Plans to Increase Number of Execs Allowed in Bubble Once Games Start

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2900548-report-nba-plans-to-increase-number-of-execs-allowed-in-bubble-once-games-start
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Also, this seems unnecessarily stupid.

Quote:
NBA Players to Have After-Hours Access to Certain Disney World Rides for Restart

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2899487-nba-players-to-have-after-hours-access-to-certain-disney-world-rides-for-restart
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Quote:
NBA Players to Have After-Hours Access to Certain Disney World Rides for Restart

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2899487-nba-players-to-have-after-hours-access-to-certain-disney-world-rides-for-restart

I talked to one of my friends who is in that group last night. Owners and senior executives will be allowed to watch from a different section, kept separated.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

I want to see sports, I'm selfish. The Lakers window is closing.

Having said that I try to put myself in a athletes Nikes.

I only have pseudo knowledge of the damaging affects of COVID-19. It's my understanding that once contracted it does irreparable damage to the lungs. If that's in fact true I don't blame any who don't want to risk themselves and family to exposure.

If true they'd be putting their future in jeopardy. 4 days to game time. I wish all who play best of luck and hope they get through without damage to self and family.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

I talked to one of my friends who is in that group last night. Owners and senior executives will be allowed to watch from a different section, kept separated.

Well that's good. And I don't mean to be too harsh on the NBA when it comes to this. They definitely get a passing grade when it comes to the measures they've implemented. If I'm not mistaken they consulted with Fauci when they made these plans.

I'd give the NBA a solid B/B+ when it comes to the player safety aspect of the plan. Where they are doing it and the link I posted above are pretty much the only knocks I have.

The philosophy of why they should or shouldn't restart is a different discussion.

And sadly a solid B/B+ is still enough that multiple player infections are possible. Some would say probable. This virus is no joke.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject:

It does bother me that players get tested everyday with same day test results. Since they are in a global hotspot. And the average person has to wait over a week for their results.

But I don't blame the players or owners for that. Responsibility is like a flood going downhill. And because people at the top (federal leadership and in this case state leadership) won't stop the flood. It puts everybody below in a screwed up situation.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject:

Canada denies Toronto Blue Jays' request to play home games due to pandemic

Canada has been better than the US throughout this whole pandemic thing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Quote:

Well that's good. And I don't mean to be too harsh on the NBA when it comes to this. They definitely get a passing grade when it comes to the measures they've implemented. If I'm not mistaken they consulted with Fauci when they made these plans.

I'd give the NBA a solid B/B+ when it comes to the player safety aspect of the plan. Where they are doing it and the link I posted above are pretty much the only knocks I have.

The philosophy of why they should or shouldn't restart is a different discussion.

And sadly a solid B/B+ is still enough that multiple player infections are possible. Some would say probable. This virus is no joke.

Even if they deserved an A+, the message sent is wholly irresponsible given the current situation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I want to see sports, I'm selfish. The Lakers window is closing.

Having said that I try to put myself in a athletes Nikes.

I only have pseudo knowledge of the damaging affects of COVID-19. It's my understanding that once contracted it does irreparable damage to the lungs. If that's in fact true I don't blame any who don't want to risk themselves and family to exposure.

If true they'd be putting their future in jeopardy. 4 days to game time. I wish all who play best of luck and hope they get through without damage to self and family.

I don’t miss sports at all. We spend more time as a family, I am devoting more time to hobbies that are much more rewarding than watching the TV. I will definitely tune into the NHL and watch a little NFL. I gave up the Sunday Ticket several years ago, I found better things to do with my time. I’ve watched almost every Laker game the past decade and I will likely tune in some during this Invitational, but it will be around my other activities. I do hope that all stay healthy and that next season we have an actual NBA champion.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
...I am devoting more time to hobbies that are much more rewarding than watching the TV.

same, here

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
...I am devoting more time to hobbies that are much more rewarding than watching the TV.

same, here

Life without sports sucks. LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I say boys will be boys, men will be men, and NBA players will be NBA players.

In other words, most definitely.

Lou Williams. I rest my case.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I would have been ok if the NBA did not allow him back in....claiming a "family emergency", then swinging by the strip club because it is your favorite dining spot while guys like Caruso miss his sisters wedding to ensure he is healthy and available.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Canada denies Toronto Blue Jays' request to play home games due to pandemic

Canada has been better than the US throughout this whole pandemic thing.

Yet they are hosting the NHL.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Hasn’t tested positive
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:19 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:

I would have been ok if the NBA did not allow him back in....claiming a "family emergency", then swinging by the strip club because it is your favorite dining spot while guys like Caruso miss his sisters wedding to ensure he is healthy and available.

Going to a funeral is understandable, Caruso is the only one to blame for missing his sisters wedding. After she rearranged things to accommodate him. He is the selfish one, putting finances over family.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: