Total Votes : 40

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I love putting in n out fries in the burger. Add some ketchup and spread. Soo good.

You got to do something to hide the abomination they call fries.

How do you even get In ‘N Out if you live in Washington?

In No Out is better than most sit down restaurant burgers in my opinion .

They recently opened one in Oregon, just south of Portland. A good friend of mine drove there for six hours from eastern Washington, stood in line for hours, only to eat a burger and then drive back.

As someone else said, it's a cult.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I love putting in n out fries in the burger. Add some ketchup and spread. Soo good.

I used to do a fair amount of business in California, and I can’t count the number of times people wanted to go to lunch at in n out and show the out of town guy the best burger ever. Turns out it’s a pretty standard griddle burger (and I admit my bias toward grilled, but I still appreciate a good griddled burger) that you can get in countless mom and pop shops, but their greasy hideous attempt at French fries is truly horrific. Yeah yeah I know the beef is fresh and local, and you can order off menu, but there is truly nothing special about what they make. It’s a cult.

Yep, if you just took a plain burger of theirs and gave it to someone without telling them it was In N Out, they'd be, "That's OK". But put it in that red and white wrapper, make em wait in a line of 20 cars, suddenly they're Sam Jackson eating a Big Kahuna.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I like In N Out just fine, especially Animal Style. But's hands down the most overrated burger out there, and comments like that demonstrate that.

Which restaurants (especially chains) have better burgers?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

In-n-out fries taste like plastic paper, McDonalds fries are more better.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Love there animal style but the fries are quantity
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

They recently opened one in Oregon, just south of Portland. A good friend of mine drove there for six hours from eastern Washington, stood in line for hours, only to eat a burger and then drive back.

Just think of how many truly good burgers he drove past before he even got past Tacoma.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

In-N-Out is tasty and affordable and a clear cut above other fast food fair. In Los Angeles there are better options (though none at the price point) but it hits the spot from time to time. I would argue the real cult is the out-of-towners who just relentlessly attack it like a Double Double slept with their girlfriend. There’s a lot of super popular food that I don’t care for and for some reason I don’t froth at the mouth at the mention of it. A lot of people enjoy it and if someone doesn’t they don’t have to go
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pro tip: it’s really really hard to make good French fries out of fresh potatoes, and pretty impossible on an industrial fast food scale. Frozen fries are run through a dryer before they are par fried and frozen, so when you fry them at the point of sale, they don’t absorb too much oil and they aren’t too wet inside, and you get a crispy outside and fluffy interior.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In No Out is better than most sit down restaurant burgers in my opinion

If you’re eating a burger at a restaurant then you’ve failed. If a burger exists at a restaurant then they’ve failed.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Pro tip: it’s really really hard to make good French fries out of fresh potatoes, and pretty impossible on an industrial fast food scale. Frozen fries are run through a dryer before they are par fried and frozen, so when you fry them at the point of sale, they don’t absorb too much oil and they aren’t too wet inside, and you get a crispy outside and fluffy interior.

I have been eating my own fries at home in recent months, but thanks for the heads up...
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

In-N-Out is tasty and affordable and a clear cut above other fast food fair. In Los Angeles there are better options (though none at the price point) but it hits the spot from time to time. I would argue the real cult is the out-of-towners who just relentlessly attack it like a Double Double slept with their girlfriend. There’s a lot of super popular food that I don’t care for and for some reason I don’t froth at the mouth at the mention of it. A lot of people enjoy it and if someone doesn’t they don’t have to go

Lol, leaving aside the unintentional irony of the projection there, it’s not like people run around attacking in n out out of thin air, it’s almost always in the context of being told how much better it is than anything they’ve ever eaten. Saying the people who point out that in n out isn’t all that are the aggressors is kind of like saying people reporting crime is the crime problem. It’s just another example of the tone deaf cultish “you aren’t even allowed to express your opinion if you don’t love it” defensiveness.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have been eating my own fries at home in recent months, but thanks for the heads up...

You want to get some moisture out before you fry them. If you have the time and an air fryer, running them through the dehydration cycle, par frying them, and finishing them in the air fryer will give you absolute perfection.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

I have been eating the Chick-Fil-A fries which isn’t to bad
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You want to get some moisture out before you fry them. If you have the time and an air fryer, running them through the dehydration cycle, par frying them, and finishing them in the air fryer will give you absolute perfection.

Thanks Omar
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Lol, leaving aside the unintentional irony of the projection there, it’s not like people run around attacking in n out out of thin air, it’s almost always in the context of being told how much better it is than anything they’ve ever eaten. Saying the people who point out that in n out isn’t all that are the aggressors is kind of like saying people reporting crime is the crime problem. It’s just another example of the tone deaf cultish “you aren’t even allowed to express your opinion if you don’t love it” defensiveness.

You’ve been plenty aggressive about the issue, bordering on obsessive. I doubt you’ve encountered many who claim it’s better than anything they’ve ever eaten. I’ve lived here all my life and never heard that. You’d be surprised how big the range of responses would be if you polled Angelenos on the subject. It’s not the only local favorite. Put it this way. I’m far more likely to hear an out-of-towner say that Californians are cultish idiots for liking it than I am to hear an Angeleno gush about it. The closest cousin to it is the out-of-towner that likes to mock New Yorkers about their pizza, but it’s done with less vitriol.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

If you’re eating a burger at a restaurant then you’ve failed. If a burger exists at a restaurant then they’ve failed.

??
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

??

RIP Islands and Umami Burger
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

??

Restaurant burgers are not for me. They’re typically way too thick, have some monstrosity for a bun (thankfully the brioche trend seems to be coming to a welcome end) and have excessive ingredients. Often a weird cheese. Stripped of their decadence. They’re for people who play golf.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Not even remotely true.

There are plenty of genuinely good and creative restaurants who have a style and menu that is more targeted to high quality "comfort" food without being an upscale Chilis.

The idea that because a restaurant offers a burger as one of the items on its menu means it has failed as a restaurant is as ridiculous as claiming an In N Out burger is better than just about anything else. I can think of several really good restaurants I have been to over the year who have burgers on their menu (and I don't mean on a kid's menu).

Now, will I go into a nice restaurant with an interesting and diverse menu and order a burger on my first visit? No. But there are certainly places with a solid and quality menu where I will try their burger after a few visits if the mood suits. To say that means I have failed as a diner or they have failed as a restaurant is pompous snobbery.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Not even remotely true.

There are plenty of genuinely good and creative restaurants who have a style and menu that is more targeted to high quality "comfort" food without being an upscale Chilis.

The idea that because a restaurant offers a burger as one of the items on its menu means it has failed as a restaurant is as ridiculous as claiming an In N Out burger is better than just about anything else. I can think of several really good restaurants I have been to over the year who have burgers on their menu (and I don't mean on a kid's menu).

Now, will I go into a nice restaurant with an interesting and diverse menu and order a burger on my first visit? No. But there are certainly places with a solid and quality menu where I will try their burger after a few visits if the mood suits. To say that means I have failed as a diner or they have failed as a restaurant is pompous snobbery.

I’m glad you like them! I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, though I’ve yet to find one.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

You’ve been plenty aggressive about the issue, bordering on obsessive. I doubt you’ve encountered many who claim it’s better than anything they’ve ever eaten. I’ve lived here all my life and never heard that. You’d be surprised how big the range of responses would be if you polled Angelenos on the subject. It’s not the only local favorite. Put it this way. I’m far more likely to hear an out-of-towner say that Californians are cultish idiots for liking it than I am to hear an Angeleno gush about it. The closest cousin to it is the out-of-towner that likes to mock New Yorkers about their pizza, but it’s done with less vitriol.

There's more of that irony Omar was talking about.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Not a bad option to grill a burger at home if people aren’t fan of fast food burgers especially since you are the 1 cooking the meat and making it however way you like.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

There's more of that irony Omar was talking about.

Everyone has their pet obsession. Omar’s is hating In N Out. Yours is agreeing with Omar
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:

Not even remotely true.

I’m glad you like them! I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, though I’ve yet to find one.

I know, you're way too cool and hip for that. You'd never want to "fail" by trying a burger in a restaurant.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Not a bad option to grill a burger at home if people aren’t fan of fast food burgers especially since you are the 1 cooking the meat and making it however way you like.

Yeah making them at home is typically your best bet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9
Jump to: