Lionel Hollins “Red-Flagged”. Will Not Join Team in Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
TDRock wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why are Popovich and D'Antoni going?

Inconsistent application of the rules?

There is no “rule” being enforced. It’s a choice by the Lakers/Hollins. The Pelicans are making similar choices. It’ll be interesting to see what if anything San Antonio and Houston decide. (I mean they are both Texas teams so... 🤐)

The rule is that they are all subject to a doctors examination to get the ok for the bubble. From the article it looks like the doctors and NBA gave him the red flag, not the Lakers.

Quote:
For any member of the 35-person travel team to get approval to join the bubble at Disney World, they first had to submit a medical evaluation. The evaluation allows the NBA to determine which people would be considered "higher-risk" should they contract COVID-19.

Oh fascinating 🤔. Then that makes no sense. I don’t know anything about D’Antoni but Pop’s health issues are well known. I wonder if it’s because they’re head coaches and he’s an assistant? (It could be considered a competitive disadvantage to lose your head coach right before the Playoffs...) Hmmm... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess it depends on the context of "high risk". Is it the person's health or the league's product? Nobody wants to say it but if a coach passes away there aren't words.

From what I've read, teams are allowed to bring 35 people -- including players, coaches, trainers, etc. Because Lionel was "red flagged" with health issues, the Lakers elected not to include him in the 35. It was explicitly stated that way, but that's the impression I got.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

We got Coach Rondo to replace Lionel. We good!

activeverb wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
TDRock wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TDRock wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Why are Popovich and D'Antoni going?

Inconsistent application of the rules?

There is no “rule” being enforced. It’s a choice by the Lakers/Hollins. The Pelicans are making similar choices. It’ll be interesting to see what if anything San Antonio and Houston decide. (I mean they are both Texas teams so... 🤐)

The rule is that they are all subject to a doctors examination to get the ok for the bubble. From the article it looks like the doctors and NBA gave him the red flag, not the Lakers.

Quote:
For any member of the 35-person travel team to get approval to join the bubble at Disney World, they first had to submit a medical evaluation. The evaluation allows the NBA to determine which people would be considered "higher-risk" should they contract COVID-19.

Oh fascinating 🤔. Then that makes no sense. I don’t know anything about D’Antoni but Pop’s health issues are well known. I wonder if it’s because they’re head coaches and he’s an assistant? (It could be considered a competitive disadvantage to lose your head coach right before the Playoffs...) Hmmm... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess it depends on the context of "high risk". Is it the person's health or the league's product? Nobody wants to say it but if a coach passes away there aren't words.

From what I've read, teams are allowed to bring 35 people -- including players, coaches, trainers, etc. Because Lionel was "red flagged" with health issues, the Lakers elected not to include him in the 35. It was explicitly stated that way, but that's the impression I got.
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Even though Coach Hollins wasn't there, I am glad that he is a part of this team and really happy for him especially. I know it's been an incredibly long time since he got to hold the Larry O.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: