Woj: Avery Bradley Will Sit Out Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

This is a problem this late in a fractured and weird season, however;

yinoma2001 wrote:
I respect Avery's decision. Hope he and his family are doing well. Life > basketball.

Agreed.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Avery’s defense made it possible for Lebron to masquerade as a point guard. His corner 3 shooting will be missed. He was a perfect fit with the starters.
He was alright. Idk why KCP was taken out of the starting line up though. They were good with him starting at the 1. That being said, KCP and Caruso should get increased minutes to help fill the defensive void with the loss of Bradley. In other words, DONT go give all AB's minutes to Rodo or something.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Alicopter wrote:
Why can't his son just stay home so he won't be at risk?

He could. Bradley probably just doesn't want to be separated from his wife and three small children for months while a pandemic is going on. I don't blame him.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Can’t say I blame him. But this further proves this whole restart is a joke. Even if we won, or whoever, no one is ever going to give this year validity. Just scrap this crap.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Can’t say I blame him. But this further proves this whole restart is a joke. Even if we won, or whoever, no one is ever going to give this year validity. Just scrap this crap.

We dumped all our assets for a post-prime LBJ and one year of AD. Scrapping this year is not good for us.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
We dumped all our assets for a post-prime LBJ and one year of AD. Scrapping this year is not good for us.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Alicopter wrote:

He could. Bradley probably just doesn't want to be separated from his wife and three small children for months while a pandemic is going on. I don't blame him.

Even, if he did decide to come. He'd probably be worried about his kid the whole time. So it's not like he'd be the same pre-Covid Bradley we saw this season.

Not to mention, he will probably want to come home at some point. Even if they test all players before they leave (haven't heard they are doing that). He could contract the virus while traveling.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

I guess when you look at it that way, you have a point. The problem is that so many things can, and probably will, go wrong. This restart has the potential to be a complete disaster. We'll soon see.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

1 year of AD is based on what? you know for a fact that he is not signing with us?
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

You’re right, it’s not, but that doesn’t change the fact that whoever wins this potential clown show of a tournament is going to live with an asterisk for life. This playoff isn’t even fair at this point.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

They should just scrub the season and plan for next (if its even possible).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

Too late, it has already been scrapped. But we have the Lebron/Zion Orlando Invitational.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

You’re right, it’s not, but that doesn’t change the fact that whoever wins this potential clown show of a tournament is going to live with an asterisk for life. This playoff isn’t even fair at this point.

Ask the Spurs, their fans or Tim Duncan about "living with an asterisk." This isn't fair, but what can you do? I mean who gives a (bleep).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Interesting, in the restart thread a GM flat out says that they wouldn’t be doing this if not for the money. I get where Avery and Kyrie were coming from, rich predominantly white owners are using predominantly black players to become richer. I was against the idea before based on safety risks but still planned on watching. I’m not so sure that I will watch at this point.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Interesting, in the restart thread a GM flat out says that they wouldn’t be doing this if not for the money. I get where Avery and Kyrie were coming from, rich predominantly white owners are using predominantly black players to become richer. I was against the idea before based on safety risks but still planned on watching. I’m not so sure that I will watch at this point.

that was a known fact for each and every sport. we dont need a GM survey to tell the obvious.

its all about the $$$ and Disney is the location well because they have 80% stake in ESPN
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

Sure, some people will discount whoever wins this year. That said, a ring is a ring is a ring. The champion this year gets to hang his banner as high as any other banner.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

It's not like the players are playing for free. Players share in the revenues almost equally, so they have as much financial motivation as the owners do.

The difference is the players take a health risk, while the owners do not.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Alicopter wrote:

Even, if he did decide to come. He'd probably be worried about his kid the whole time. So it's not like he'd be the same pre-Covid Bradley we saw this season.

Not to mention, he will probably want to come home at some point. Even if they test all players before they leave (haven't heard they are doing that). He could contract the virus while traveling.

For me the bottom line is pretty clear. We are in a worldwide pandemic, and Bradley would rather take care of his family than spend weeks or months away from them working. He's making the same choice a lot of people would make if they were in a financial position to do so.

Basketball is a job for him, it's not a holy calling.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:

So do we wait until there's an effective therapeutic or vaccine?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

That's a good point. For all we know, it might be several years until they have an effective vaccine. Ultimately, if no vaccine or treatment comes quickly, people will adjust and then make decisions based on their assessment of the risk-reward.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

The question isn't go back to work or wait for a vaccine.
That's a false narrative made by people who aren't willing to do what Spain, Italy, France, S. Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, etc. have done.
There are areas in Florida right now where 9 out of 10 people aren't wearing masks or social distancing because of politics.

Fix that. Fix the problem. And return to work when 20+ states in our country aren't seeing a spike in infections.
We can go back to work AND be safe. That is a real, possible option. So many of the deaths up to this point were unnecessary and preventable.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

The question isn't go back to work or wait for a vaccine.
That's a false narrative made by people who aren't willing to do what Spain, Italy, France, S. Korea, Taiwan, New Zealand, etc. have done.
There are areas in Florida right now where 9 out of 10 people aren't wearing masks or social distancing because of politics.

Fix that. Fix the problem. And return to work when 20+ states in our country aren't seeing a spike in infections.
We can go back to work AND be safe. That is a real, possible option. So many of the deaths up to this point were unnecessary and preventable.

Not to be rude, but you clearly haven't been paying attention for the last four years. The only way to fix this is at the ballot box and even with a "blue wave" in November and some responsible adults in power around January 2020, there's still probably idiots running Texas, Arizona and Florida actively telling people not to wear masks.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Lakeshow323 wrote:

1 year of AD is based on what? you know for a fact that he is not signing with us?

There's an old saying that goes like this: A mother tells his son before going to the park "If those kids don't want to play with you, and it's your ball, you take that ball away from them and come home".

I think lebron is going to use AD as leverage for us to extend his contract. If Jeannie doesn't want to then he's going to take AD with him.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I can’t blame him for wanting to avoid the health risk and spreading that potentially to his family.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Not to be rude, but you clearly haven't been paying attention for the last four years. The only way to fix this is at the ballot box and even with a "blue wave" in November and some responsible adults in power around January 2020, there's still probably idiots running Texas, Arizona and Florida actively telling people not to wear masks.

You're not being rude. You're actually making the same point I am. This problem COULD be fixed. But hasn't and won't be till 2020 best case scenario.

The shortest distance between where we are and where we should be is a unified legislative and executive branch making and enforcing law that can properly combat this pandemic in our country.

Until that happens, sadly everybody will have to make the screwed up decision between $ and health.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: