What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 1704
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 am    Post subject:

A good communicator gets his/her point across in as few words as possible.

Wordiness is verbal m@sturb@tion.
_________________
Lakers & Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2010
Posts: 7181
Location: Orange County

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:56 am    Post subject:

All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.
_________________
Don't let perfect be the enemy of good
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2989

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:53 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
A good communicator gets his/her point across in as few words as possible.

Wordiness is verbal m@sturb@tion.


That can be true sometimes....other times absolutely not.
Depends on the topic and depth of the conversation.
_________________
Mamba Made Moments Meticulously Magnificent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Aug 2019
Posts: 2989

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


The police as an institution is evil AF.
Anybody who joins up to enforce unjust laws on the populace deserves no defense
_________________
Mamba Made Moments Meticulously Magnificent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24325
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


My definition of "good ones" are cops who will break the blue wall of silence or blue code/shield. Whatever it's called when they don't report, don't intervene, and they cover up misconduct committed by each other.

You don't have to literally be a criminal officer to be a bad one. Covering up for a bad cop makes you a bad cop. Period. That should be the standard.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Oct 2001
Posts: 6081
Location: Allupinya

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

They're a gang like any other. Perhaps worse because they have institutional immunity.

You notice no one hates firefighters?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:28 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


My definition of "good ones" are cops who will break the blue wall of silence or blue code/shield. Whatever it's called when they don't report, don't intervene, and they cover up misconduct committed by each other.

You don't have to literally be a criminal officer to be a bad one. Covering up for a bad cop makes you a bad cop. Period. That should be the standard.


You and I are spirit animals on this issue. Once again I agree 100%.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46820
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


My definition of "good ones" are cops who will break the blue wall of silence or blue code/shield. Whatever it's called when they don't report, don't intervene, and they cover up misconduct committed by each other.

You don't have to literally be a criminal officer to be a bad one. Covering up for a bad cop makes you a bad cop. Period. That should be the standard.


You and I are spirit animals on this issue. Once again I agree 100%.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You can have 10 bad cops and 1,000 good cops.

But if the 1,000 good cops do nothing about the 10 bad cops, you have 1,010 bad cops . . .
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:23 am    Post subject:

Ghislaine Maxwell is hot and I alone can fix her.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 1704
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Ghislaine Maxwell is hot and I alone can fix her.


Can I watch?


_________________
Lakers & Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Ghislaine Maxwell is hot and I alone can fix her.


Can I watch?


Jerry Falwell, Jr., is that you?
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2157

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:18 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


My definition of "good ones" are cops who will break the blue wall of silence or blue code/shield. Whatever it's called when they don't report, don't intervene, and they cover up misconduct committed by each other.

You don't have to literally be a criminal officer to be a bad one. Covering up for a bad cop makes you a bad cop. Period. That should be the standard.


You and I are spirit animals on this issue. Once again I agree 100%.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You can have 10 bad cops and 1,000 good cops.

But if the 1,000 good cops do nothing about the 10 bad cops, you have 1,010 bad cops . . .
Yes, we all agree. Doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of inspiring officers that joined the force to try and weed out the bad officers. I work at a hospital and interact with police on the daily. Some seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es, same could be said of doctors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 1704
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Some [cops] seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es...


There are:

good mechanics & bad mechanics

good grocers & bad grocers

good teachers & bad teachers

good cops & bad cops

However, a bad cop can take away a person's liberty and/or life in the course of doing a bad job.


_________________
Lakers & Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Some [cops] seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es...


There are:

good mechanics & bad mechanics

good grocers & bad grocers

good teachers & bad teachers

good cops & bad cops

However, a bad cop can take away a person's liberty and/or life in the course of doing a bad job.


And then get a paid vacation out of it.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Controversially I think more bad people should die than good people and 2020 is not complying.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 24325
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Yes, we all agree. Doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of inspiring officers that joined the force to try and weed out the bad officers. I work at a hospital and interact with police on the daily. Some seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es, same could be said of doctors.


See this is where I get somewhat controversial. Some of those officers may know of times their fellow officers abused their power or acted inappropriately and didn't report it. And even though they are pleasant, kind, and by the book themselves. They are part of the problem for not reporting the misbehavior of their coworkers.
I admit, I wouldn't expect that with every type of worker in every profession. I hold law enforcement to a higher standard.

My solution. Incentivize police chiefs and sheriffs to run a tighter ship with performance based bonuses. Deduct their pay if police misconduct is reported by the public after 24 hours if it hasn't been reported within the law enforcement department before then. Pay bonuses for officers who report misconduct of their coworkers. Deduct pay for officers who don't wear body cams. It wouldn't completely fix the problem. But we're better off than we are now.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Playoff time! https://media.giphy.com/media/iibEPf8xEDTedJcDJr/giphy.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2157

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Yes, we all agree. Doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of inspiring officers that joined the force to try and weed out the bad officers. I work at a hospital and interact with police on the daily. Some seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es, same could be said of doctors.


See this is where I get somewhat controversial. Some of those officers may know of times their fellow officers abused their power or acted inappropriately and didn't report it. And even though they are pleasant, kind, and by the book themselves. They are part of the problem for not reporting the misbehavior of their coworkers.
I admit, I wouldn't expect that with every type of worker in every profession. I hold law enforcement to a higher standard.

My solution. Incentivize police chiefs and sheriffs to run a tighter ship with performance based bonuses. Deduct their pay if police misconduct is reported by the public after 24 hours if it hasn't been reported within the law enforcement department before then. Pay bonuses for officers who report misconduct of their coworkers. Deduct pay for officers who don't wear body cams. It wouldn't completely fix the problem. But we're better off than we are now.
Absolutely agree.

Police reform is needed. Which involves better deescalation drills and better combat skills. Unfortunately, its going to take a lot of time and money.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 2157

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:23 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Some [cops] seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es...


There are:

good mechanics & bad mechanics

good grocers & bad grocers

good teachers & bad teachers

good cops & bad cops

However, a bad cop can take away a person's liberty and/or life in the course of doing a bad job.

A bad driver can take away a good driver's life. A botched surgery can lead to the death of a patient. Anyone can cause harm/injury doing a bad job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 26983

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Yes, we all agree. Doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of inspiring officers that joined the force to try and weed out the bad officers. I work at a hospital and interact with police on the daily. Some seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es, same could be said of doctors.


See this is where I get somewhat controversial. Some of those officers may know of times their fellow officers abused their power or acted inappropriately and didn't report it. And even though they are pleasant, kind, and by the book themselves. They are part of the problem for not reporting the misbehavior of their coworkers.
I admit, I wouldn't expect that with every type of worker in every profession. I hold law enforcement to a higher standard.

My solution. Incentivize police chiefs and sheriffs to run a tighter ship with performance based bonuses. Deduct their pay if police misconduct is reported by the public after 24 hours if it hasn't been reported within the law enforcement department before then. Pay bonuses for officers who report misconduct of their coworkers. Deduct pay for officers who don't wear body cams. It wouldn't completely fix the problem. But we're better off than we are now.


We'd have to find a better way to measure performance. My (former) buddy whos is in law enforcement said they keep stats and no matter what the official word you want to use, there are most certainly quotas. Any cop that says they don't have quotas on tickets, arrests etc is (bleep) lying. They just renamed it. It's just like the continuing narrative that these guys are working for peanuts. It's a lie.
_________________
KOBE


Last edited by jonnybravo on Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
FernieBee wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Some [cops] seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es...


There are:

good mechanics & bad mechanics

good grocers & bad grocers

good teachers & bad teachers

good cops & bad cops

However, a bad cop can take away a person's liberty and/or life in the course of doing a bad job.

A bad driver can take away a good driver's life. A botched surgery can lead to the death of a patient. Anyone can cause harm/injury doing a bad job.

I wish I had qualified immunity as a bad driver.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 10858
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Robin Hood Health Care: the rich should pay the insurance of the poor!
_________________
“Always remember... Rumors are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 46820
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
nickuku wrote:
All cops are not bad.

We need to revamp rather than defund the police force. Fire all of them and re-hire the good ones.


My definition of "good ones" are cops who will break the blue wall of silence or blue code/shield. Whatever it's called when they don't report, don't intervene, and they cover up misconduct committed by each other.

You don't have to literally be a criminal officer to be a bad one. Covering up for a bad cop makes you a bad cop. Period. That should be the standard.


You and I are spirit animals on this issue. Once again I agree 100%.


I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

You can have 10 bad cops and 1,000 good cops.

But if the 1,000 good cops do nothing about the 10 bad cops, you have 1,010 bad cops . . .
Yes, we all agree. Doesn't mean all cops are bad. There are plenty of inspiring officers that joined the force to try and weed out the bad officers. I work at a hospital and interact with police on the daily. Some seem like genuine people that really want to help the community while some are a$$es, same could be said of doctors.


And they typically end up getting fired. That's how we ended up with Chris Dorner.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2003
Posts: 1704
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
I wish I had qualified immunity as a bad driver.


Please stop confusing me with good information.


_________________
Lakers & Dodgers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 27824

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Alien3 is good.

Alien Resurrection remains bad.

That is all.
_________________
https://youtube.com/watch?v=t3jKtjgRZQY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 86870
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Alien3 is good.

Alien Resurrection remains bad.

That is all.


I think you’re dyslexic
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB