What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:

Maybe you see 16 years old as a child no matter if they look and act like an adult? I don’t.

Doesn't matter. Laws like these are written to protect the general public, not the exceptions. (Yes, there are laws to protect the exceptions also)

"She seemed old enough to me" isn't anywhere close to proving maturity.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:17 am    Post subject:

It's taken 20 years for someone to advocate for banging kids on this site. That's a win.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:56 pm    Post subject:

My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?

I know I might be in the minority but I see the homeless situation here in California, coupled with drug addiction, mental illness and I feel spending hundreds of billions on going into space for no gain, is a waste of money.

Just my opinion....
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:59 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
It's taken 20 years for someone to advocate for banging kids on this site. That's a win.

No way. PostnPivot must have supported child brides. It's canonical law.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
C M B wrote:

No way. PostnPivot must have supported child brides. It's canonical law.

Maybe, but his character was killed off before that episode could be aired.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:06 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
My most controversial opinion is that the space program is a waste of money. It was cool in the 1960's-1980's but why do we spend so much money on it for what exactly? We can't live on the moon or mars or jupiter, so why waste 100's of billions of dollars going into space?

I know I might be in the minority but I see the homeless situation here in California, coupled with drug addiction, mental illness and I feel spending hundreds of billions on going into space for no gain, is a waste of money.

Just my opinion....

Understanding our knowledge base to possibly continually boost human evolution on the Kardashev scale. We wont live to see it but big picture human evolution-wise, it could be critical.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
We have a culture that excels in labeling everyone as a victim of something (pick an -ism), and once you have been anointed with victimhood status, you are thereby absolved of all personal responsibility that comes from your own personal life choices.

I see it a bit differently. I see it as people talking past each other and not being able to hold 2 ideas at the same time.
For example, alot of crime is committed due to poverty. Does that mean criminals are excused from committing crime? Of course not. Criminals should be held accountable.
Also, if you want to decrease crime. Addressing the poverty behind it is a million times more effective than just increasing the punishment. (Since most criminals don't think they will get caught in the first place).

How does this explain low crime rates in certain countries like Japan, Korea, Singapore where they still have areas with deep poverty and income inequality from its major cities

Crime comes from lack of guidance and education. Lack of guidance comes from bad parenting. Lack of education comes from bad parenting. Don’t have kids if you can’t provide them with basic needs like food, water, and education. Don’t bail on your kids.

Didn't say poverty is the only factor. Just that it is an important one. It's infinitely more complicated than just 1 thing. I didn't even specify what type of crime in my post.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
I work in the clubbing industry.

Oof. Not a great industry for a pedophile.

Don't worry, the Vice department of his local police will eventually bust his place of business for the underage drinking...Not sure where he is but in Cali? Bartenders, Doormen, and Managers can be sued if any underage person gets drunk at his club, then kills someone in a DUI...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

The 40 hour work week is bull.

Factoring in commute. And unpaid lunch time. You are probably over 45 hours a week, and maybe flirting with 50 hours a week.

9-5s were mainstreamed in the 1920s. When single incomes could buy homes. When people had someone in the relationship not working who could do all the other non-work related things.

Mental and physical health will continue to decline for Americans. Is it as tough as life in the past or life in some other countries? No.
But it shouldn't be seen as acceptable or ideal. Our country really needs a workers rights movement.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:52 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

It reads like the second step of a four step process:

1) The desire is there and there's some acknowledgement that commingling with minors is wrong.

2) After further consideration, an argument is made to justify said desire and LG.net feels like a safe, out-of-the-way place to workshop the defense.

3) The consummation, including frequent trips to Thailand and certain Slavic countries where this type of behavior isn't frown upon so harshly.

4) The arrest. Mods, please keep us informed. At some point, the powers that be at LG.net will be hearing from the FBI.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Factoring in commute. And unpaid lunch time. You are probably over 45 hours a week, and maybe flirting with 50 hours a week.

9-5s were mainstreamed in the 1920s. When single incomes could buy homes. When people had someone in the relationship not working who could do all the other non-work related things.

Mental and physical health will continue to decline for Americans. Is it as tough as life in the past or life in some other countries? No.
But it shouldn't be seen as acceptable or ideal. Our country really needs a workers rights movement.

You have a low bar for controversial, man
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

When you look at "lifestyle" diseases such as hypertension, type-2 diabetes, heart disease and mental illness, a lot of it is caused by working too much, not sleeping enough, a bad diet, not being physically active and being under constant stress. When people have to work 50, 60, 70 or even 80 hours a week, as many do these days, they're just asking for health or mental problems.

There is a bit of support for a four-day workweek and even a 30-35 hour workweek right now. Our society in general is really unhealthy, and if companies want their workers to be more productive, they have to think about their health and work-life balance instead of treating them like cattle and underpaying them yet having the nerve to tell them they should feel lucky to work for them.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:10 am    Post subject:

The descendants of ancient Israelis Jews are modern day Palestinians? Islam conversion, similar to Indonesia who went from the largest Hindu/buddhist kingdom to the most populous Muslim country
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:29 pm    Post subject:

I believe I posted a "controversial opinion" that has been deleted...Is that a thing?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:04 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
I believe I posted a "controversial opinion" that has been deleted...Is that a thing?

Can't imagine what it could have been to warrant that if the post advocating for pedophilia wasn't deleted.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Maybe I forgot to post it ! All I (thought) I posted was that I think Israel is basically an Apartheid state...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
kikanga wrote:

You have a low bar for controversial, man

You say that, but I'm not so sure.

My little rant elicits alot of responses like.

"Americans don't have it as bad as cavemen!"
"Try living in X third world country, they have it alot worse!"
"I payed for college working part time and finished up all my debt a few years after graduating. Then bought a house 30 years ago. You young folks complain too much! You're afraid of hard work!"

But putting anecdotal quotes aside. If what I'm saying isn't controversial. Why do you think the majority of Americans are stuck in the "40 hour" work week for the foreseeable future? At this point, I don't think there is any level of corporate mistreatment that would be the tipping point for the workers rights movement I long for.

Cause the narrative is: "America is the greatest country in the world, and if you don't like it. You should leave!" The god of Capitalism is just and fair.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:46 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Maybe I forgot to post it ! All I (thought) I posted was that I think Israel is basically an Apartheid state...

Mildly controversial (yet accurate) at worst.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I resent the 82% of voters who killed prop 27.

Let me bet on games online. You freakin prudes!
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I thought we could gamble online? I always hear people talking about Bodog or any other # of websites.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I thought we could gamble online? I always hear people talking about Bodog or any other # of websites.

Oh shoot. You are right! I thought it was illegal. But apparently Bovada isn't!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:11 pm    Post subject:

I express annoyance at a government that thinks it has the right to tell women what to do with their bodies. Taking away their right to abort. Kate Cox

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:07 am; edited 3 times in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:09 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Imagine they are looking for natural resources, like what if they discovered oil on mars (there was once an ocean, perhaps carbon based life forms).

Are you advocating we kill other planets like we're doing Earth?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:38 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

It's not just natural resources. There are multiple scientific advancements that we have benefitted from due to space exploration. Not to mention that many of the things we take for granted are due to satellite technology.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 77 of 80
Jump to: