NBA 2K21 Honors Kobe with a Cover!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: NBA 2K21 Honors Kobe with a Cover!

Looks like there are two covers, and both are bomb
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

And it’s the only version you get to upgrade for free when the Next Gen comes out.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:12 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
And it’s the only version you get to upgrade for free when the Next Gen comes out.

legend editions are normally $100. looks like the free copy is an added bonus this year on top of what we would normally get from the legend edition in the past.

I'll probably stick to the standard $70 version tho for ps5. not too concerned it's $10 more bc that should be a standard thing soon and from what I've read, it's a way better version than the ps4 version
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

legend editions are normally $100. looks like the free copy is an added bonus this year on top of what we would normally get from the legend edition in the past.

I'll probably stick to the standard $70 version tho for ps5. not too concerned it's $10 more bc that should be a standard thing soon and from what I've read, it's a way better version than the ps4 version

So no Kobe covers for you?

I get it though. Especially if you’re not into the trading cards or VC. Plus the in game icon will probably be Dame for this gen and Zion for next gen.

Chris2k (Lakers Dynasty). I know you’re 2kTV now and not affiliated with the marketing aspect, but can you please beg them for an in game Kobe icon. 😁
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

So no Kobe covers for you?

I get it though. Especially if you’re not into the trading cards or VC. Plus the in game icon will probably be Dame for this gen and Zion for next gen.

Chris2k (Lakers Dynasty). I know you’re 2kTV now and not affiliated with the marketing aspect, but can you please beg them for an in game Kobe icon. 😁

The screen icon will be the same either way, I always buy my games digitally. Seems pointless to me to pick the current gen version up, as myplayer progress doesn't transfer.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

Both covers are beautiful
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Would love to get the Kobe edition but I’m probably roll with Zion.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I plan on getting the current gen Kobe edition(Frobe) with the "free" next gen upgrade. It seems like an okay deal since it says you get 100k vc and then you get 100k VC again once you get the nextgen version. I play myteam so my progress will transfer over.

If you are smart and don't buy any VC at all then the $60 and $70 versions are fine. I would like to own a physical version of the Kobe edition and at best buy you get a free steelbook case.

In general though the legends editions aren't really worth getting unless you are going to play MyCareer and you know you will buy VC day 1 to upgrade your player. Years ago you at least got some physical items for special editions. Now you only get digital items. Every other game franchise that sells special editions usually at least gives you some physical items. If it wasn't Kobe I wouldn't want to support the legends edition, but they got Kobe and I am a sucker.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:22 am    Post subject:

(bleep) I miss Kobe

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
(bleep) I miss Kobe

It hurts really bad especially when you go deep into the thought that Kobe is really gone
roninenix
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject:

So its $100 for the kobe cover editions? $40 more than a normal priced game? Unless the extra $40 is being made for charity or something, theyre using kobes image for a profit
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

roninenix wrote:
So its $100 for the kobe cover editions? $40 more than a normal priced game? Unless the extra $40 is being made for charity or something, theyre using kobes image for a profit

When you buy the PS4 2k21 Mamba Forever Edition, you get the PS5 version of the game for free:

"Order the NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition for PlayStation 4 and you will also receive NBA 2K21 and 100,000 Virtual Currency for PlayStation 5 upon release."

I am waiting to see if you can get the physical copy for free, or only digital. If you can get the physical PS5 game for free as part of the $100, i am in.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: